FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Body type search

Body type search

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering why you can’t search based on body type ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exinthesunWoman  over a year ago

far far away

Body type is subjective. For example, you describe yourself as athletic, I’d describe you as average. If I was only interested in athletic guys and searched for such I’d come across lots of average guys I’d have to search through.

By *rjpinkMan  over a year ago

winterfell

A lot of people ask this question and get shot down in flames. I agree with you and think it would be a good idea... subjective or not i think it would be a guide line at least

By *ll 4 herCouple  over a year ago

Bury/Bolton

It would still help thinning down the field, if it has no value why bother having the option on the profile?

There are plenty on here pretending to be women but that doesn't exclude gender from the search criteria. The "people will lie", "it's subjective" isn't really an argument.

We believe if it is selectable as an option on the profile it should appear in the search parameters.

A site with a small database would try to avoid this so as not to pull through a no result on search, but surely there are enough people on fab.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would like this option as a BBw so I don't get the random mail when people don't read the profile

By *exinthesunWoman  over a year ago

far far away

"”it's subjective" isn't really an argument."

Yes, it is, in my opinion.

Think to get more interests this should be open to all even as beta not just for site supporters as not everyone want to buy site supporters just to see this really time to be fair with all of the people on this site not happy otherwise and many will agree with this too

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"It would still help thinning down the field, if it has no value why bother having the option on the profile?

There are plenty on here pretending to be women but that doesn't exclude gender from the search criteria. The "people will lie", "it's subjective" isn't really an argument.

We believe if it is selectable as an option on the profile it should appear in the search parameters.

A site with a small database would try to avoid this so as not to pull through a no result on search, but surely there are enough people on fab."

I’d agree wholeheartedly - but I also know from experience that people can get very nasty when you suggest it!

I gave up on it long ago!

HI, One site we use you can list weight and height makes it easy to work out body size.

By *ll 4 herCouple  over a year ago

Bury/Bolton

"”it's subjective" isn't really an argument.

Yes, it is, in my opinion. "

Understood, every one is entitled, and will have an opinion but the only one that ultimately counts are the site owners.

The point was there are several options right now that are just as open to ambiguity yet are searchable ie smokers/can accommodate, even bisexuality most of us have heard or used the term fab straight so the 'no because it's subjective' we argument we feel is mute as there are already subjective options available.

If the site owners are in any way concerned with improving customer experience then to add the options in would make sense.

If someone chooses not to use the function as it doesn't suit them then that's fine, surely it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

"Body type is subjective. For example, you describe yourself as athletic, I’d describe you as average. If I was only interested in athletic guys and searched for such I’d come across lots of average guys I’d have to search through. "

This is savage, but is on point. A lot of people also label themselves ample because they consider themselves beyond curvy, for whatever reason, and are blatently just curvy, and skinny girls saying they're curvy when in actual fact they're just slim with hardly any ass or boobs.

Age is not objective, whether or not you have pics is not subjective, whether you're fabbing as a couple or single isn't either, although you could be lying.

Whilst fab does use some filters which could be considered subjective, it's only with things like gender, which they've given TV/TS an option anyway so that helps a lot, and orientation, which houses at least the three most common options likely to be needed by the community on fab.

We could argue that they're aren't enough of these categories, but no one would ever be satisfied so I can see why they're mostly left as is.

"”it's subjective" isn't really an argument.

Yes, it is, in my opinion.

Understood, every one is entitled, and will have an opinion but the only one that ultimately counts are the site owners.

The point was there are several options right now that are just as open to ambiguity yet are searchable ie smokers/can accommodate, even bisexuality most of us have heard or used the term fab straight so the 'no because it's subjective' we argument we feel is mute as there are already subjective options available.

If the site owners are in any way concerned with improving customer experience then to add the options in would make sense.

If someone chooses not to use the function as it doesn't suit them then that's fine, surely it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

"

As mentioned above before I saw this post, I understand at least what could be the reasoning behind this. Whilst I personally would rather have all options, it's difficult to implement new things without then having someone else Aya you've left their thing out, and you end up just stuck in a loop adding newer and newer genders, orientations like a sexual which no one on here should need, people who only smoke on occasion need a check box, as do people looking for people who only smoke on occasion.

It's just a Pandora's box.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just thought since everyone has to tick that box it would take two min to write into the search option it’s a very easy thing to do and it’s something I think a lot of people would use

They should limit the choices of what you can put for size.

Too many are ambiguous.

Just have slim, medium and large.

Because a lot of people have themselves as average or curvy when they're clearly not so it would be pretty point less

By *nehotguy4funMan  over a year ago

North East

"Just wondering why you can’t search based on body type ?"

This would save people a lot of time trawling through profiles they aren't interested in. A definite improvent.

I can't see a reasonable argument against it. If you don't want to filter by body type, don't use it in your search criteria.

Prestonish

"Because a lot of people have themselves as average or curvy when they're clearly not so it would be pretty point less "

Nevertheless it would narrow things down at least a little! It’s not a problem as much for ladies - on the whole the guys come to us (though I search through Male hot photos occasionally) - but if a guy prefers lady of a particular (or even general) body type then he’s got to go through hundreds of profiles to find one. Pretty crap and very archaic in 2017!

Good idea, I prefer larger curvier females and this would help with my searches.

Prestonish

"Good idea, I prefer larger curvier females and this would help with my searches. "

Precisely! Xx

"Body type is subjective. For example, you describe yourself as athletic, I’d describe you as average. If I was only interested in athletic guys and searched for such I’d come across lots of average guys I’d have to search through. "

I accept what you're saying, but surely outstill have to go through each one atm.... Iif you had some form of body search it would help in reducing your screening. Searches also change for different reasons. We may be looking a different body type for different occasions or reasons next week or next month.

I'd see it as an additional tool to help with searching.

» Add a new message to this topic