FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Hidden login

Hidden login

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How about the facility to log in and appear off line like Facebook and MSN?

Sometimes it's nice just to log in and surf without broadcasting you are online

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like your thinking, flightoffancy! I find it extremely irritating that as soon as I log in, I get mails from men assuming that I want to 'meet today' (which I don't, usually) x

would love the option

save's hiding profile or changing message settings

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We think this is a reasonable suggestion. We'll look at including it in a future update to the site.

Admin x

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"How about the facility to log in and appear off line like Facebook and MSN?

Sometimes it's nice just to log in and surf without broadcasting you are online"

I was just thinking this yesterday. Brilliant idea!

"We think this is a reasonable suggestion. We'll look at including it in a future update to the site.

Admin x"

Admin are brill! Very responsive to new suggestions, even though this is mainly a free site. Thanks, Admin!

thank you Admin x

it would be great to be able to just have a look at messages and forum without being nagged at for "ignoring" messages x

"We think this is a reasonable suggestion. We'll look at including it in a future update to the site.

Admin x"

Thanks Admin. Look forward to it x

Admin x

Admin are brill! Very responsive to new suggestions, even though this is mainly a free site. Thanks, Admin!"

That's very true, I'm gona ask if they could see their way clear to ut a vending machine in the corner - Tea, Coffee, hocolate etc etc

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I asked for this over a year ago!!!

At least it will now be looked into lol

Yep good idea often thought about it myself xx

Indeed...excellent idea.

Fab idea excuse the pun

Sometimes I just want to spend time in the forums

Thinking about it, this would be good from the messenger's point of view as well, you can avoid wasting people's time and potential annoying people who might otherwise be interested.

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

How soon pleeeeeease!!!!!

Brilliant!

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

Overall I think this is a good idea, Im all for anything that helps to stem the huge deluge of (mostly crap) messages that a lot of users get.

However I think there should be a way to distinguish between users who are active on the site and those who haven't logged in in weeks or months or even years - so for example an active user who has the "show as offline" option switched on permanently would just show a more general status saying something like " logged in in the last 24 hours" or something along those lines

birmingham

"Overall I think this is a good idea, Im all for anything that helps to stem the huge deluge of (mostly crap) messages that a lot of users get.

However I think there should be a way to distinguish between users who are active on the site and those who haven't logged in in weeks or months or even years - so for example an active user who has the "show as offline" option switched on permanently would just show a more general status saying something like " logged in in the last 24 hours" or something along those lines "

Good idea. Don't want my profile to appear inactive, just want breathing space sometimes

birmingham

Hi Admin. Is this ever likely to happen? Ta

birmingham

Admin, has this been overlooked? You said 6 months ago you were considering providing this, what happened?

Although, of course, the other solution is for us just to ignore 'em - I've learned to hit the 'delete all' button

By *ellhatterMan  over a year ago

slough

yep, cool idea. men too u know

By *emorable minxWoman  over a year ago

north west coast

im glad someone finally voiced this, ive been thinking the same for a while. as soon as i login i swear im being stalked as the same guys message me straight away and im not even on their friends list nor thery on mine !

By *emorable minxWoman  over a year ago

north west coast

yeah i do that too but the backlash of comments is horrible

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"im glad someone finally voiced this, ive been thinking the same for a while. as soon as i login i swear im being stalked as the same guys message me straight away and im not even on their friends list nor thery on mine ! "

You will be on their hot list then so they can see when you come on line

Hi Admin, Please could you look at this issue as it would be brilliant if you could go online without broadcasting that you are online, or how long ago you were on! Sometimes it's nice to just not be hassled when you go on to check things!

Thanks! xxx

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Would our suggestion in 3rd reply to this be any use?

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/100259

Admin x

"Would our suggestion in 3rd reply to this be any use?

Admin x"

Sometimes its the friendslist who are being annoying.

"Hi Admin, Please could you look at this issue as it would be brilliant if you could go online without broadcasting that you are online, or how long ago you were on! Sometimes it's nice to just not be hassled when you go on to check things!

Thanks! xxx"

totaly area as i come on during the day and Jane come on at night and they asume its jane on all the time so being able to log on but with out brodcasting it would be great

"Would our suggestion in 3rd reply to this be any use?

Admin x"

It might be useful to some but wasn't the original request you were considering in your next update (back then). Has this been shelved now for something else then? Pitty as I know it was a popular solution.

Would love this option as well please please x

birmingham

Admin x"

Any progress yet? Still waiting.

Admin x

Any progress yet? Still waiting."

I would pay extra supporter fees for this feature. Sometimes I barely log in before someone bugs me.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Admin x

I would pay extra supporter fees for this feature. Sometimes I barely log in before someone bugs me."

In the meantime why not just set a ludicrous age limit e.g. 98-99 for when you don't want to be disturbed?

Admin x

Admin x

I would pay extra supporter fees for this feature. Sometimes I barely log in before someone bugs me.

In the meantime why not just set a ludicrous age limit e.g. 98-99 for when you don't want to be disturbed?

Admin x "

But that doesn't help if it is people on friends list who you have spoken to before. Sometimes it is just nice to be about without having to talk to anyone including friends and I don't mean that in a nasty way.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Admin x

Admin x

But that doesn't help if it is people on friends list who you have spoken to before. Sometimes it is just nice to be about without having to talk to anyone including friends and I don't mean that in a nasty way. "

We could just add a button to stop all mails? Would that work?

Having a hidden login is difficult because it affects loads of areas on the site so we're looking for a solution that will have same effect but easier for us to do

Admin x

Admin x

Admin x

But that doesn't help if it is people on friends list who you have spoken to before. Sometimes it is just nice to be about without having to talk to anyone including friends and I don't mean that in a nasty way.

Having a hidden login is difficult because it affects loads of areas on the site so we're looking for a solution that will have same effect but easier for us to do

Admin x"

I would go for that as a start yes, would just put a status up to reflect I'm being a Moodycow and don't want to talk to anyone

it sounds lik an interesting concept

only problm is

what happens if everyone decides to do log in with their invicibility cloak on?

it may just kill the site

lol

birmingham

Admin x

Admin x

Admin x"

No cos if I chose to message someone, they won't be able to reply!

Wonder how it works on other sites then (msn, Facebook) if it's so complicated?

Admin x

Admin x

Admin x

No cos if I chose to message someone, they won't be able to reply!

Wonder how it works on other sites then (msn, Facebook) if it's so complicated?"

I would have thought that like now and I am sure admin will be along soon to say whether I am right or wrong it would work the same way as it does now, if you message someone they will be able to message you back.

Excellent suggestion.

» Add a new message to this topic