FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Forum like button

Forum like button

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *taffsfun73 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle under lyme

I like to read the stories like many do but the only option to show appreciation is to comment and popular stories soon get closed for been too big and the story is hard to find due to the repeated thumbs up posts Facebook type like button would be a useful feature and people could post more meaningful messages of encouragement without cluttering up the post

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I like to read the stories like many do but the only option to show appreciation is to comment and popular stories soon get closed for been too big and the story is hard to find due to the repeated thumbs up posts Facebook type like button would be a useful feature and people could post more meaningful messages of encouragement without cluttering up the post "

I've had a similar post about this in the past, as I personally think it could be vastly improved with nested replies and likes being scored. This way, you could see the most popular opinions rise to the top, you don't need to quote a message and have redundant text in the thread at all.

It's a win win, and I don't mind if the site never does it, what's hard to deal with is the fact that no one from the site ever openly replies. Even if they just did it once and then someone pointed to the old reply when they spotted the same thing being asked for.

By *taffsfun73 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle under lyme

"I like to read the stories like many do but the only option to show appreciation is to comment and popular stories soon get closed for been too big and the story is hard to find due to the repeated thumbs up posts Facebook type like button would be a useful feature and people could post more meaningful messages of encouragement without cluttering up the post

I've had a similar post about this in the past, as I personally think it could be vastly improved with nested replies and likes being scored. This way, you could see the most popular opinions rise to the top, you don't need to quote a message and have redundant text in the thread at all.

It's a win win, and I don't mind if the site never does it, what's hard to deal with is the fact that no one from the site ever openly replies. Even if they just did it once and then someone pointed to the old reply when they spotted the same thing being asked for. "

Ive thought of this in the past too,some thing similar to fabbing pictures,but the idea was shot down by a few who said forums are for open discussion and not just silently agreeing with others comments

"Ive thought of this in the past too,some thing similar to fabbing pictures,but the idea was shot down by a few who said forums are for open discussion and not just silently agreeing with others comments "

I hate when you hear stuff like this, like there aren't loads of other forums with a different approach.

Currently, people just thumbs up a comment or say they agree in one line sentence. To do that, you have to quote the entire post or comment, instead of simply nesting the reply in line with the post it's in response to. You'll still get people disagreeing, and you'll still have controversial posts being rammed with loads of comments, you just waste less space.

» Add a new message to this topic