FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Block people viewing profile

Block people viewing profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there a way to block people viewing your profile? I don't mean individually is there a way to block all males from viewing my profile?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No there is not

"Is there a way to block people viewing your profile? I don't mean individually is there a way to block all males from viewing my profile?"

you've got single males filtered so you can't see if they've viewed you anyway...

"Is there a way to block people viewing your profile? I don't mean individually is there a way to block all males from viewing my profile?

you've got single males filtered so you can't see if they've viewed you anyway..."

only done this today but they can still see my profile and pics

"Is there a way to block people viewing your profile? I don't mean individually is there a way to block all males from viewing my profile?

you've got single males filtered so you can't see if they've viewed you anyway... only done this today but they can still see my profile and pics "

I don't think you've got much to worry about...

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

You can't catch the ghey you know.

There may be an issue here - a gremlin - that can make controlling who "sees" your profile very hard. We have the option selected to NOT SHOW on others profiles that we've viewed them but they still can!!

We've checked this by deliberately viewing profiles that don't fit our parameters and then finding that many then view our profile in return. These viewings often overcome our filters!

So . . only put on your profile what you're 100% happy with the public viewing?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You can't stop a certain group from viewing your profile but you can block them from messaging you.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There may be an issue here - a gremlin - that can make controlling who "sees" your profile very hard. We have the option selected to NOT SHOW on others profiles that we've viewed them but they still can!!

We've checked this by deliberately viewing profiles that don't fit our parameters and then finding that many then view our profile in return. These viewings often overcome our filters!

So . . only put on your profile what you're 100% happy with the public viewing? "

If you mean that you've selected the option to prevent others from seeing that you've looked at their profile as far as we know it works. We just looked at your profile for instance, try looking at ours and I'll let you know if you show up.

As far as what anyone chooses to put on their profile I think it serves us all well to remember that the internet affords scant privacy.

"There may be an issue here - a gremlin - that can make controlling who "sees" your profile very hard. We have the option selected to NOT SHOW on others profiles that we've viewed them but they still can!!

If you mean that you've selected the option to prevent others from seeing that you've looked at their profile as far as we know it works. We just looked at your profile for instance, try looking at ours and I'll let you know if you show up.

As far as what anyone chooses to put on their profile I think it serves us all well to remember that the internet affords scant privacy."

Gorgeous pix NiceCouple, gorgeous . . we appreciate the interest in outdoor and a bit of bondage. You didn't show up on our "who's looked" by the way?

By *hoenixandflamesCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

"

As far as what anyone chooses to put on their profile I think it serves us all well to remember that the internet affords scant privacy."

This isn't a privacy concern he's got, it's a homophobia concern.

LOL.

Flames

you've got single males filtered so you can't see if they've viewed you anyway... only done this today but they can still see my profile and pics

I don't think you've got much to worry about..."

Forum Mod

East Sussex

As far as what anyone chooses to put on their profile I think it serves us all well to remember that the internet affords scant privacy.

Gorgeous pix NiceCouple, gorgeous . . we appreciate the interest in outdoor and a bit of bondage. You didn't show up on our "who's looked" by the way?"

Thanks you have some nice pictures too.

You didn't show on our "who's looked" either. So it's working

"There may be an issue here - a gremlin - that can make controlling who "sees" your profile very hard. We have the option selected to NOT SHOW on others profiles that we've viewed them but they still can . . .

Thanks you have some nice pictures too.

You didn't show on our "who's looked" either. So it's working "

Yet with others the coincidence seems unmistakeable but with any web-site it's how the code is written . . if say there were other parameters involved there may be chinks.

But, we thank you for your politeness and your time.

Thanks for all the sensible replies. As for the homophobic comment. Certainly not the case. And I hope no one else misconstrues what I meant to say. The reason I ask is because I'd like to put up a few more public pics showing my face. But there's lads who I know on here. And I don't want them knowing I'm on it too. I know blocking single males stops them messaging but they can still see all my profile and public pics. I was wondering if there's a feature to stop males viewing my profile all together like blocking does.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

you've got single males filtered so you can't see if they've viewed you anyway... only done this today but they can still see my profile and pics "

and the problem is what as they can't contact you OP?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thanks for all the sensible replies. As for the homophobic comment. Certainly not the case. And I hope no one else misconstrues what I meant to say. The reason I ask is because I'd like to put up a few more public pics showing my face. But there's lads who I know on here. And I don't want them knowing I'm on it too. I know blocking single males stops them messaging but they can still see all my profile and public pics. I was wondering if there's a feature to stop males viewing my profile all together like blocking does. "

I think your best bet is to put pictures that don't easily identify you in public and keep the others in private and send them to people once you know who they are.

The problem is they can see I'm on the site if I put public pics on. It's just a privacy concern that's all nothin sinister

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

"Thanks for all the sensible replies. As for the homophobic comment. Certainly not the case. And I hope no one else misconstrues what I meant to say. The reason I ask is because I'd like to put up a few more public pics showing my face. But there's lads who I know on here. And I don't want them knowing I'm on it too. I know blocking single males stops them messaging but they can still see all my profile and public pics. I was wondering if there's a feature to stop males viewing my profile all together like blocking does. "

If you know their profile names you can block them individually and they won't be able to see anything of your profile or pics

"Thanks for all the sensible replies. As for the homophobic comment. Certainly not the case. And I hope no one else misconstrues what I meant to say. The reason I ask is because I'd like to put up a few more public pics showing my face. But there's lads who I know on here. And I don't want them knowing I'm on it too. I know blocking single males stops them messaging but they can still see all my profile and public pics. I was wondering if there's a feature to stop males viewing my profile all together like blocking does.

I think your best bet is to put pictures that don't easily identify you in public and keep the others in private and send them to people once you know who they are."

thanks for the sensible replies it's looking like that's the best way of handling it. Maybe admin could look into this as a future feature.

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

"Thanks for all the sensible replies. As for the homophobic comment. Certainly not the case. And I hope no one else misconstrues what I meant to say. The reason I ask is because I'd like to put up a few more public pics showing my face. But there's lads who I know on here. And I don't want them knowing I'm on it too. I know blocking single males stops them messaging but they can still see all my profile and public pics. I was wondering if there's a feature to stop males viewing my profile all together like blocking does.

I think your best bet is to put pictures that don't easily identify you in public and keep the others in private and send them to people once you know who they are."

Put some cock pics up , they won't recognise that will they ?

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

" ... Maybe admin could look into this as a future feature. "

I don't think this would work with the site's business model. If there was a button to stop single men from viewing our profiles, a lot of women/couples would use it, to try to cut down on the Fancy A Fuck messages. This would make the site APPEAR to be overwhelmed by single males (more so than it already is!). As a result, new users would be put off joining, Forums would be full of single males bemoaning the fact that no-one ever picks them, and the site would die.

As someone said above... just make sure that your public photos don't identify you, and put your face pics in Friends Only or Private, so that you control who sees them.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

" ... Maybe admin could look into this as a future feature.

I don't think this would work with the site's business model. If there was a button to stop single men from viewing our profiles, a lot of women/couples would use it, to try to cut down on the Fancy A Fuck messages.

."

They can do that now with the use of filters anyway

» Add a new message to this topic