FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Stealth block

Stealth block

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r C Miss C OP   Couple  over a year ago

llanelli

Can us Site supporters have an option to stop people being able to view our profiles in stealth mode please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Can us Site supporters have an option to stop people being able to view our profiles in stealth mode please. "

Why?

llanelli

"Can us Site supporters have an option to stop people being able to view our profiles in stealth mode please.

Why?"

If people dont want us seeing they have viewed our profile. Then I wouldnt want them seeing my profile. Its as simple as that really

"Can us Site supporters have an option to stop people being able to view our profiles in stealth mode please.

Why?

If people dont want us seeing they have viewed our profile. Then I wouldnt want them seeing my profile. Its as simple as that really "

We are in ‘stealth mode’. Otherwise we get swamped with messages from people saying ‘oh, I see you looked at our profile’ when chances are it’s my fat fingers hitting a link on my phone when I’m trying to scroll!!

Surely if someone clicks on your profile they will either message you or not depending on whether they are interested - does it matter if you can see who they are if they don’t get in touch?

Why?

If people dont want us seeing they have viewed our profile. Then I wouldnt want them seeing my profile. Its as simple as that really "

how would you ever know?

llanelli

Why?

If people dont want us seeing they have viewed our profile. Then I wouldnt want them seeing my profile. Its as simple as that really

how would you ever know? "

Surely the ip address of someone in stealth mode is still logged and then

There could be an automated message saying you have been viewed by someone in stealth mode, but they have been blocked from viewing your profile.

Why?

how would you ever know?

There could be an automated message saying you have been viewed by someone in stealth mode, but they have been blocked from viewing your profile."

IP address will be different if you’re on a laptop, phone, tablet etc but could all be one account. Equally, my hosting profile is run from the same IP addresses but isn’t in stealth mode, so that would just get confusing!

I’d think the technology required to do that would be very costly, so unlikely to happen!

Anyone with a bit of computer wizardry can view almost anything on the internet, blocked or not; on Fab or not! If you don’t want to risk people looking at something, keep it offline! It’s the only way you can truly control who can see it!!

llanelli

Why?

how would you ever know?

There could be an automated message saying you have been viewed by someone in stealth mode, but they have been blocked from viewing your profile.

IP address will be different if you’re on a laptop, phone, tablet etc but could all be one account. Equally, my hosting profile is run from the same IP addresses but isn’t in stealth mode, so that would just get confusing!

I’d think the technology required to do that would be very costly, so unlikely to happen!

Anyone with a bit of computer wizardry can view almost anything on the internet, blocked or not; on Fab or not! If you don’t want to risk people looking at something, keep it offline! It’s the only way you can truly control who can see it!! "

Yeah true. Dont post it if you dont want people seeing it.

Yeah i know about proxies and what not.

I dont think it would take that much coding, but i havent coded in years lol the last thing i coded was in vb98

And i agree about not posting anything you dont want people seeing..

Anyway it was just a suggestion.

» Add a new message to this topic