FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > meet today / event incompatibility

meet today / event incompatibility

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obleton OP   Man  over a year ago

THE STICKS

I quite often come across meet today or organised event adverts that state they are looking for single males only to find that the profile has blocked contact from guys.

Now considering the volume of mail some people get I understand why a couple or single woman, even those who meet single guys, might have that message filter activated for at least some of the time, but when advertising for a meet or event it would seem rather self defeating when those people they are requesting aren't actually able to reply.

Would it make sense for the system to check the criteria of people wanted for the advert against the users mail filters and give them an alert when trying to set up an advert that is incompatible with their message filters

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Great idea.

It was pointed out by someone the other day that it could be the people put a meet up and don't unblock the people they are looking for to see if any of their contacts are also looking....but this idea would remind the people who normally have blocks on to unblock them.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I quite often come across meet today or organised event adverts that state they are looking for single males only to find that the profile has blocked contact from guys.

Now considering the volume of mail some people get I understand why a couple or single woman, even those who meet single guys, might have that message filter activated for at least some of the time, but when advertising for a meet or event it would seem rather self defeating when those people they are requesting aren't actually able to reply.

Would it make sense for the system to check the criteria of people wanted for the advert against the users mail filters and give them an alert when trying to set up an advert that is incompatible with their message filters"

there may well be a reason for this...

they may not be appealing to "everybody" more people that they have spoken to in the past... remember that if people have been winked or are one friends list that those people will still be able to get in contact with them...

so it may well be a quick way of letting them people know.....

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I quite often come across meet today or organised event adverts that state they are looking for single males only to find that the profile has blocked contact from guys.

Would it make sense for the system to check the criteria of people wanted for the advert against the users mail filters and give them an alert when trying to set up an advert that is incompatible with their message filters

there may well be a reason for this...

they may not be appealing to "everybody" more people that they have spoken to in the past... remember that if people have been winked or are one friends list that those people will still be able to get in contact with them...

so it may well be a quick way of letting them people know.....

"

In which case either message them or update the status. Putting a meet request up where who you are looking for are actually blocked from replying is self defeating and wastes everyones time.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

The 'they want to just meet people on their friends list' is what I decided people meant.

But adding a warning message to say something like

'You are about to list a meet where single males are currently blocked. Remember to unblock single males in your profile, if you want those not on your friends list to contact you'

would mean that people are aware of it.

» Add a new message to this topic