FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Friends requests without messaging warning

Friends requests without messaging warning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As frustrating as it is to regularly receive friends requests from profiles who have not messaged you beforehand in an attempt to view your private pics, I think step too far to prevent users from not being able to send friend requests without prior chat.

Is there a way to present a warning to users who send friend requests in this fashion to say something along the lines of “you have not communicated with this user before and it is unlikely that they will accept a request. Do you want to message them first or proceed with the request?” In a similar way to when you attempt to message a profile who isn’t looking to meet single men

Also, is there a way for fab to set profile preferences to not accept friend requests from profiles who’ve not had atleast a message exchange both ways.

I know this isn’t cool proof but hopefully it could help with this

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As frustrating as it is to regularly receive friends requests from profiles who have not messaged you beforehand in an attempt to view your private pics, I think step too far to prevent users from not being able to send friend requests without prior chat.

Is there a way to present a warning to users who send friend requests in this fashion to say something along the lines of “you have not communicated with this user before and it is unlikely that they will accept a request. Do you want to message them first or proceed with the request?” In a similar way to when you attempt to message a profile who isn’t looking to meet single men

Also, is there a way for fab to set profile preferences to not accept friend requests from profiles who’ve not had atleast a message exchange both ways.

Thanks in advance

"

this winds me up too

"this winds me up too"

Fingers crossed it can be a change that’s made

The functionality is there for the message, hopefully it’s not too much work to build the other part

"As frustrating as it is to regularly receive friends requests from profiles who have not messaged you beforehand in an attempt to view your private pics, I think step too far to prevent users from not being able to send friend requests without prior chat.

Thanks in advance

"

I think that's a brilliant idea..can't see it happening but I think lots on here would agree it would be helpful x

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Don't delete them then they can't resend. That's what I do.

"Don't delete them then they can't resend. That's what I do. "

I’ve tried that but they do seem to be able to resend the request. The problem is I get quite a lot of these random requests from many profiles so it becomes annoying

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Just block them then they can't send.

Works every time.

"Just block them then they can't send.

Works every time."

Agreed it stops the same person re sending the request but It doesn’t stop or minimise the real issue which is the initial request, which is frustrating when you consistently get random people sending these random requests on a regular basis

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Yeah, but it doesn't really take long to block someone.

There's also a little glee in doing so (see the number at the top of my profile.)

I don't to 'retail therapy' as such but really, 'block therapy' works.

"There's also a little glee in doing so (see the number at the top of my profile)"

Fair play that’s an impressive tally, I thought I had a brutal block list

By *lackitncoCouple  over a year ago

lichfield

Don’t get this

Rather have a request to see what we r dealing with rather than the inane first message of

“Can I stick me cock in dollys ear”

Our pref is req first

"Don’t get this

Rather have a request to see what we r dealing with rather than the inane first message of

“Can I stick me cock in dollys ear”

Our pref is req first"

Everyone has different needs and approaches, which is why ideas are aired in the forums. For me, having the ability to switch off requests from people who had not had a message exchange First would meet my needs as a user and minimise my frustrations. By virtue of the ability for this functionality to be switch on or off would probably meet both our needs

By *abulously curiousCouple  over a year ago

manchester

We all gotta start somewhere. Just delete

No big deal

"We all gotta start somewhere. Just delete

No big deal"

I understand the difficulties of being new having been new myself at one point in time. However there are ways of communicating with people ie via messages and forum posts rather than a blunt request

I’d happily suck it up if the requests were few and far between but daily requests become annoying and in the spirit of the forum I’ve offered user feedback in the hope the fab developers will work on the ideas to improve their service in the the spirit of a user centric fashion

By *hingy2Woman  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

It clearly states on my profile ...sending a random friend invite results in an immediate block

Xx

By *ll 4 herCouple  over a year ago

Bury/Bolton

We find it irritating but having removed any friends pics we seem to have reduced the amount that it happens (not ideal for everyone, we know).

When we get a request now we accept the request, look at and fab the pics, then remove them from our friends list and block their profile. Now that's therapy.

Would be good if implemented.

A warning that you have not both communicated before a friends request is sent,similar to the warning that appears at top if sending a message to someone who has not ticked the looking for box that you identify with ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It generally shows they are not reading profiles, which I dislike. If they are of possible interest - despite their dreadful manners, I may wink them.

Block or ignore

I think it is wrong that the women on here can just block for no reason especially those who dont pay to use the site men on this site are treated like shit

"I think it is wrong that the women on here can just block for no reason especially those who dont pay to use the site men on this site are treated like shit "

Anyone can block, males, females, tvs, couples?

I do acknowledge the frustration around it being more challenging for men but when you think the ratio of men to women must be in excess of 20:1 and women do get bombarded with similar messages from a plethora of guys on a daily basis, often with frustrated rants fired in their direction so the block button becomes quite heavily used.

I think there’s this massive difference in expectations with fab. A lot of men see this site as an online click a profile and grab an easy lay off anyone who takes your fancy, when in reality it’s an online platform for swinging. Don’t get me wrong, there are instances where men do meet with some profiles for impromptu meets but these women can afford to be choosy rather than grabbing the first man to message.

Have you tried a fab social event mate? It’s a good way for the local users to speak with you, get to know you and may help with getting some responses if people can see 1 - you’re genuine, 2- you’re normal and sane 3 - that other users can vouch you’re decent. I’m not suggesting that you’re not any of these but may help, just a thought mate.

By *lackitncoCouple  over a year ago

lichfield

"I think it is wrong that the women on here can just block for no reason especially those who dont pay to use the site men on this site are treated like shit "

99% of men on here are a nuisance and just want to knock one out in cam chat

Yes there are genuine that do get penalised

But in fairness u can choose who to receive messages from

We r a couple and only message couples that we like the look of

We send a friend req to see if they like us and at times we get the shitty read our profile message

Just tells us maybe we ain’t suited and jog on

Thanks in advance

I think that's a brilliant idea..can't see it happening but I think lots on here would agree it would be helpful x"

Definitely agree!!

Thanks in advance

"

we get messages all the time from straight single men despite not looking for them. They get the warning prior to messaging us. They clearly take absolutely no notice as they wouldn't with your friend request warning. We just do the same as we do with the messages...delete. It's not that onerous

there's always a reason...you just don't know it...

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I find your comment quite astonishing. Are you really suggesting that the right to block someone without explanation should be withdrawn? But that this right should only be withdrawn from women, so that men can continue to block without explanation?

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

Have put all ours to private and now will only send when we have chatted for a while, no longer eager to accept requests, have had a lot lately too. x storm x

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

The amount of people that become a site support and pays little but every 2-3 months, the added amount should surly pay towards server upgrades. As I do find it did respectful, we are normal people apposed to people getting paid online..

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"I think it is wrong that the women on here can just block for no reason especially those who dont pay to use the site men on this site are treated like shit

there's always a reason...you just don't know it..."

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Can't believe what you have just posted here! Everyone on here has the right to block anyone else they aren't interested in or repeatedly pestered by, a lot of people use blocks as another filter to save wasted time on both sides, also stops the profile coming up in updates and searches.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I think it is wrong that the women on here can just block for no reason especially those who dont pay to use the site men on this site are treated like shit

I find your comment quite astonishing. Are you really suggesting that the right to block someone without explanation should be withdrawn? But that this right should only be withdrawn from women, so that men can continue to block without explanation? "

Apparrently so...

» Add a new message to this topic