FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Privacy

Privacy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’ve done a search on google for us on this site. It appears that you just replace the first letter of our user name with a star. I dont think that’s acceptable and the whole username should be obscured.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I googled your name when offline and it doesn't show up anything for me

"I googled your name when offline and it doesn't show up anything for me"

If you search for part of the name plus fab swingers it comes up.

"I googled your name when offline and it doesn't show up anything for me

If you search for part of the name plus fab swingers it comes up."

Or you replace the first letter with a star and search on google with the above.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The forum is open for anyone to read but your profile says this when I searched offline so the privacy is working for you.

Profile only shows to registered users.

Already a member? Login here

Want to join us? Register today: FabSwingers.com is free to use!

"The forum is open for anyone to read but your profile says this when I searched offline so the privacy is working for you.

Want to join us? Register today: FabSwingers.com is free to use!"

The username is not obscured properly on the forum which is the point. By only replacing the first letter with a star it’s easy to guess. I dont think that’s acceptable.

I think that also members should be reminded that all their posts are public current. There should be an option for a private forum.

"The forum is open for anyone to read but your profile says this when I searched offline so the privacy is working for you.

Want to join us? Register today: FabSwingers.com is free to use!

The username is not obscured properly on the forum which is the point. By only replacing the first letter with a star it’s easy to guess. I dont think that’s acceptable.

I think that also members should be reminded that all their posts are public current. There should be an option for a private forum. "

Some users give away a lot of personal information on the forums. It would be relatively easy to track their posts.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It isn't advisable to give personal information out on the forum

You are in the right section for your suggestion anyway

"It isn't advisable to give personal information out on the forum

You are in the right section for your suggestion anyway "

I hope the suggestions are taken on board. The proper obscuring of user names would be easy (and possibly necessary with the changes coming in data protection) and also the option of non public forums should be considered.

Personal information shouldn’t be given out in the forum but a lot of people announce they are going to a club on a certain date etc. I’m not sure they realise the possible consequences of this.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hope the suggestions are taken on board. The proper obscuring of user names would be easy (and possibly necessary with the changes coming in data protection) and also the option of non public forums should be considered.

Personal information shouldn’t be given out in the forum but a lot of people announce they are going to a club on a certain date etc. I’m not sure they realise the possible consequences of this."

Just worry about yourself, most people can look after themselves

Personal information shouldn’t be given out in the forum but a lot of people announce they are going to a club on a certain date etc. I’m not sure they realise the possible consequences of this.

Just worry about yourself, most people can look after themselves "

That’s very reassuring to hear. Just like on Facebook!

That’s very reassuring to hear. Just like on Facebook! "

What are you so bothered about other people? Things people put on the internet will be around long after all of us have gone, if people can’t accept that then don’t put things on the internet

What are you so bothered about other people? Things people put on the internet will be around long after all of us have gone, if people can’t accept that then don’t put things on the internet "

I don’t think people realise their usernames are effectively available via google along with all their posts despite ticking the privacy box. You are obviously happy, but not everybody will be.

What are you so bothered about other people? Things people put on the internet will be around long after all of us have gone, if people can’t accept that then don’t put things on the internet

I don’t think people realise their usernames are effectively available via google along with all their posts despite ticking the privacy box. You are obviously happy, but not everybody will be.

"

I’ve searched for myself (and you) using your suggestion but cannot find anything

I’ve searched for myself (and you) using your suggestion but cannot find anything "

You obviously have no search skills then, hence perhaps why you are comfortable!If you google a full username with the first letter replaced by a star plus fabswinger forums then you can see everything.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I’ve searched for myself (and you) using your suggestion but cannot find anything

You obviously have no search skills then, hence perhaps why you are comfortable!If you google a full username with the first letter replaced by a star plus fabswinger forums then you can see everything. "

Anyone willing to go to that trouble would probably set up a free account and browse the site at leisure.

"I’ve done a search on google for us on this site. It appears that you just replace the first letter of our user name with a star. I dont think that’s acceptable and the whole username should be obscured. "

There’s a very simple solution if it bothers you so much...

"I’ve done a search on google for us on this site. It appears that you just replace the first letter of our user name with a star. I dont think that’s acceptable and the whole username should be obscured.

There’s a very simple solution if it bothers you so much...

"

The simple solution is for them to do the job properly and obscure profile name searches. That’s not to much to ask!

Someone would have to know your full username to Google it. If they aren't on the site you would have to have told them, or let them see it somehow.

"Someone would have to know your full username to Google it. If they aren't on the site you would have to have told them, or let them see it somehow. "

The user name is available to anyone who chooses to browse the forums via google. Just replacing the first letter with a star is no protection which is the current practice by fab swingers.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

They would still need to know your username and what sites you are on

"They would still need to know your username and what sites you are on"

It would be much better if Fabs just properly obscure the Usernames for those people that ticked the box to hide their profiles from google. In this day and age of computer power it is relatively easy to trawl the internet and find links.

Surely you putting info on the forums about when you are going to a club or someting could only be a threat if someone you know very well reads it and surely they would need to be on here too, unless you tell everyone you know, your username??

"Surely you putting info on the forums about when you are going to a club or someting could only be a threat if someone you know very well reads it and surely they would need to be on here too, unless you tell everyone you know, your username?? "

Some people on here give away lots of personal information. Regardless of their recklessness Fabs shouldn’t make it easy to track user names and what they get up to on google.

By *ustme6Man  over a year ago

tamworth

What happens when u do a picture search??

"Surely you putting info on the forums about when you are going to a club or someting could only be a threat if someone you know very well reads it and surely they would need to be on here too, unless you tell everyone you know, your username??

Some people on here give away lots of personal information. Regardless of their recklessness Fabs shouldn’t make it easy to track user names and what they get up to on google. "

People would still need to know your username though! Unless ya use the same one for everything then I still can't see that much of a problem

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

"Surely you putting info on the forums about when you are going to a club or someting could only be a threat if someone you know very well reads it and surely they would need to be on here too, unless you tell everyone you know, your username??

Some people on here give away lots of personal information. Regardless of their recklessness Fabs shouldn’t make it easy to track user names and what they get up to on google. "

Altermativly you could leave the site op then you’d be much safer.

If you go into your privacy settings and turn off the search engine then I thought you wouldn't show up anywhere?

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

Or you replace the first letter with a star and search on google with the above.

"

Who outside fab would know your name and how would they know to replace the first letter with a star?. Think you're safe ha

Who outside fab would know your name and how would they know to replace the first letter with a star?. Think you're safe ha"

The usernames come up on google showing with a star. It doesn’t take much intelligence to guess the first letter.

Glad your so blasé

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"

All their posts?

Strange. Because when I do as you suggested, googled my name with a star n Fab, I only got 7 results. And I've been posting on these forums for 6-7 years now, so there should be a hell of a lot more then 7 results.

You obviously have no search skills then, hence perhaps why you are comfortable!If you google a full username with the first letter replaced by a star plus fabswinger forums then you can see everything.

Anyone willing to go to that trouble would probably set up a free account and browse the site at leisure.

"

How many people would know your user name and that you’re on fab swingers who are not actually on fab themselves? Even if they did know that information, how many of them would know your real names? I think you believe more people want to look for you than actually can or do!

» Add a new message to this topic