FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fake badge of shame

Fake badge of shame

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Over a year on the site, unverified, no pics deserves the “Fake Badge of Shame” from fab dont you think? And they should be proud to wear it online...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just as you assume no meets why are they fake.

They could meet just not need veris

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What exactly have they to be ashamed of?

By *he shaggersCouple  over a year ago

vancouver island

"Over a year on the site, unverified, no pics deserves the “Fake Badge of Shame” from fab dont you think? And they should be proud to wear it online.

was going to say, nobody verified, or rarely.

But then again we went out for the fun, not the verification

.. "

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Why not just avoid those profiles and let people do what they do.

Miss

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

If no veris we'd assume not sociable or fake so wouldn't interact

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

Use the filters on the site op, works really well much more appropriate than people being shamed

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Just ignore the profiles you aren't interested in and move on to the next.

People can meet outside of fab....

I've been on here, on and off for the best part of 3 years, and never had a meet.It doesn't make me a fake or a timewaster, just a sad pathetic loser probably!

By *ilbearniMan  over a year ago

peninsula

"Over a year on the site, unverified, no pics deserves the “Fake Badge of Shame” from fab dont you think? And they should be proud to wear it online... "

Maybe they don't feel the need to advertise their veries.

"Over a year on the site, unverified, no pics deserves the “Fake Badge of Shame” from fab dont you think? And they should be proud to wear it online... "

Why do you presume they’re fake ? And why does it seem to wind you up so much?

"Over a year on the site, unverified, no pics deserves the “Fake Badge of Shame” from fab dont you think? And they should be proud to wear it online...

Why do you presume they’re fake ? And why does it seem to wind you up so much?"

Because we have been victims before 3 times from couples who arranged a meet on the phone (!!!!!) then decided not to turn up and block us (phone and fab)

I know there are genuine people amongst the unverified, but the likes of what we’ve experienced before, deserve the badge...?

"Over a year on the site, unverified, no pics deserves the “Fake Badge of Shame” from fab dont you think? And they should be proud to wear it online...

Because we have been victims before 3 times from couples who arranged a meet on the phone (!!!!!) then decided not to turn up and block us (phone and fab)

I know there are genuine people amongst the unverified, but the likes of what we’ve experienced before, deserve the badge...?"

Then that's a lesson learned. Filter out unverified people and/or those without pictures, choose not to interact with them...that way they just can't bother you

They are just rude and ignorant if they don't turn up, not fake as such.

The "real" profiles/people are just as timewasters as a profile without veris, they contact you then never responed again. There is alot of fake site generated profiles as well to generate "traffic", the whole point of the host site is to earn money, the busier it is the more chance of someone becoming a site supporter and making some money off them.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"They are just rude and ignorant if they don't turn up, not fake as such.

The "real" profiles/people are just as timewasters as a profile without veris, they contact you then never responed again. There is alot of fake site generated profiles as well to generate "traffic", the whole point of the host site is to earn money, the busier it is the more chance of someone becoming a site supporter and making some money off them."

Id disagree about site generated profiles... this is one site where that does not happen. There is no need for the site to create profiles. Its a busy well run site.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

OP. Your idea of a Badge of Shame would not work.

Some people choose not to have their Veris listed. Some don't wish to put up Pics for personal reasons.

As for me, I'd no veris for 18 months, from early 2016-July last year. A): I'd a job in a fairly remote part of Scotland & no car; meets were impossible. B): When I left there, I spent 9 months freelancing across the UK via an agency. Time at each site could be days to a few weeks. Getting to know people or was tough going.

Thus, if we followed your ideology, you'd effectively cast me aside due to no veris simply down to my circumstances.

Hence why the idea is flawed.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

No

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"They are just rude and ignorant if they don't turn up, not fake as such.

The "real" profiles/people are just as timewasters as a profile without veris, they contact you then never responed again. There is alot of fake site generated profiles as well to generate "traffic", the whole point of the host site is to earn money, the busier it is the more chance of someone becoming a site supporter and making some money off them."

Fab doesn't run site generated profiles/bots. If you are referring to profiles that have the same profile text - I am a xx* year old straight* woman* and I'm looking to meet couples*.

*can change , age,gender, sexuality and looking for

That is the generic text for a new profile if they don't change it and write their own profile.

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

"Use the filters on the site op, works really well much more appropriate than people being shamed "

"I've been on here, on and off for the best part of 3 years, and never had a meet.It doesn't make me a fake or a timewaster, just a sad pathetic loser probably!"

Just out of interest, why are you on here?

"I've been on here, on and off for the best part of 3 years, and never had a meet.It doesn't make me a fake or a timewaster, just a sad pathetic loser probably!

Just out of interest, why are you on here?"

Eternally optimistic maybe?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I've been on here, on and off for the best part of 3 years, and never had a meet.It doesn't make me a fake or a timewaster, just a sad pathetic loser probably!

Eternally optimistic maybe?"

Enjoying the forums, cam rooms and staying in touch with friends I expect, the same as a lot do, including myself.

Enjoying the forums, cam rooms and staying in touch with friends I expect, the same as a lot do, including myself. "

Well said

Enjoying the forums, cam rooms and staying in touch with friends I expect, the same as a lot do, including myself. "

There’s an exciting thing called facebook for that, have you heard of it? Its brilliant and people dont mistake you for someone who might be looking for nsa sexy fun.

By *rettyLittleThingWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

Personally I think it's a funny idea, maybe it would encourage people to get verified? Or atleast photo verified?

Is that a bad thing even if you prefer to "lurk" on here.

Enjoying the forums, cam rooms and staying in touch with friends I expect, the same as a lot do, including myself.

There’s an exciting thing called facebook for that, have you heard of it? Its brilliant and people dont mistake you for someone who might be looking for nsa sexy fun."

Who said I wasn't looking for sexy fun? I just haven't managed to get any!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

There’s an exciting thing called facebook for that, have you heard of it? Its brilliant and people dont mistake you for someone who might be looking for nsa sexy fun."

A lot of us prefer to keep fab friends separate from our real lives on Facebook and have a good, regular group of people we've met on here we use fab to keep in touch with. We all use fab how we choose to. It's not for you or anybody else to judge how the rest of us use the site.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I know there are genuine people amongst the unverified, but the likes of what we’ve experienced before, deserve the badge...?"

Then as previously suggested, change your vetting process. Effort in = rewards out.

Why are you arranging to meet such people if you think they are fakers?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I know there are genuine people amongst the unverified, but the likes of what we’ve experienced before, deserve the badge...?

Why are you arranging to meet such people if you think they are fakers?"

Good point.

By *hingy2Woman  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Use the filters on the site op, works really well much more appropriate than people being shamed "

Just to mix things up a bit. What about Veri collectors? They can be just as annoying. 5 second "Hi there" and boom seeking a veri.

Personaly neither get to me. We either arrange meets or we dont. We are just as happy with the social side and banter.

Also...

There is actually a hidden group on Faceb for fab members.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Just to mix things up a bit. What about Veri collectors? They can be just as annoying. 5 second "Hi there" and boom seeking a veri.

Personaly neither get to me. We either arrange meets or we dont. We are just as happy with the social side and banter.

Also...

There is actually a hidden group on Faceb for fab members. "

And with FB being recently hacked and details stolen I certainly wouldn't join that group.

By *sagent81Man  over a year ago

leeds

It would be pretty easy for a genuine single guy to be unverified after a year.

If a woman was unverified after a year I’d assume they aren’t really looking to meet.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I haven't met anyone in over a year, not through lack of trying just no one can interest my mind and body.

Just as well I've been here for 10 years and have already been verified, it's not that easy to meet people you know

"Just to mix things up a bit. What about Veri collectors? They can be just as annoying. 5 second "Hi there" and boom seeking a veri.

Also...

There is actually a hidden group on Faceb for fab members. "

Is that like the kik and whatsapp groups where people bitch about people who don't swing the way they feel they ought to and get away with saying the sort of shit about people that would get them a forum ban?

Also...

There is actually a hidden group on Faceb for fab members.

Is that like the kik and whatsapp groups where people bitch about people who don't swing the way they feel they ought to and get away with saying the sort of shit about people that would get them a forum ban? "

Do those groups really exist?

» Add a new message to this topic