FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Exclude specific users from search results

Exclude specific users from search results

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *our_lloyd OP   Couple  over a year ago

Swindon

When we're looking to find people to meet with, we'd like people we've previously discounted, for one reason or another (distance, lack of verifications, etc.), to not show up in the search results.

At the moment we have to keep a list of people, and check them against the search results, so that we don't click on their profile and start another round of message ping pong, ending again in a no thanks message.

We don't want to block people, as this seems to be a bit of an extreme way of solving the problem, we just want to exclude them from the results of a search.

J

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"When we're looking to find people to meet with, we'd like people we've previously discounted, for one reason or another (distance, lack of verifications, etc.), to not show up in the search results.

At the moment we have to keep a list of people, and check them against the search results, so that we don't click on their profile and start another round of message ping pong, ending again in a no thanks message.

We don't want to block people, as this seems to be a bit of an extreme way of solving the problem, we just want to exclude them from the results of a search.

J "

You’re making extreme work for yourselves. If you aren’t interested in them just block, I’m sure they’ll get over it

Swindon

I guess so but maybe something simpler would be to allow you to search against your Hotlist.

J

By *tockton GentMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"I guess so but maybe something simpler would be to allow you to search against your Hotlist.

J"

I agree, it would be useful to have a hotlist tick box in the Advanced Search.

I have previously suggested another feature to help reduce the number of people matching your search. I find it frustrating that someone who hasn't set a preferred age range always matches "I'm the age they're looking for" because it's 18-99.

"When we're looking to find people to meet with, we'd like people we've previously discounted, for one reason or another (distance, lack of verifications, etc.), to not show up in the search results.

J "

The block is just a filtering tool

J

The block is just a filtering tool "

It is. And to the poster above it does seem extreme but until additional features like a watch folder or avoid folder is added then the hotlist folder is often used for that or just use the block button.

Swindon

The main problem with blocking someone is the loss of their verification.

We meet people we may want to meet again, but not straight away, and are happy to give and receive verifications from them, and then there are those we want to actually block.

Blocking the first group of people to keep them out of our search results, has unwanted side effects, so we don't do that.

We currently have a way of handling this, but as I said it's inconvenient, so anything that could make things simpler would be nice.

J

» Add a new message to this topic