FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Forum

Forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rs kemea OP   Couple  over a year ago

angus

I regularly use other forums and when I come back to Fab, it always strikes me at how basic this one is. One major thing is that on other forums you have a User CP page where you can see all the threads you're subscribed to that have new posts, so can easily keep up with them. I think most have the option of email notifications, which you can turn on and off, depending on your preference.

Other improvements would be being able to edit/delete a post you've written whenever you want, not just for a restricted time. It would save all the "post deleted by user" posts.

Being able to go straight to the first unread post on a thread rather than start at the beginning / end and scroll for ages to find it.

Making the "find other posts by this user" button more obvious would be good too - I didn't realise what the green arrow was until someone pointed it out.

Having a link on people's profiles to their posts would be good too. It'd make it easy to see how people present themselves and see if they're the sort of person you want to meet. Another example would be that if someone in chat says they've posted a thread about a social, you just got to their profile and then look at their post history. Rather than searching or having to ask which forum it is.

Anyway that's my list for the Fab Santa

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is the facility on the left of the forums page to go back and look at the last 35 threads you have posted on also if you click on the arrow beside the name of anyone who has posted on a thread it will then bring up the last few not sure how many of the threads they have posted on.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can also go straight to newest post by clicking on the go to newest post bit at the start of thread.

By *rs kemea OP   Couple  over a year ago

angus

"There is the facility on the left of the forums page to go back and look at the last 35 threads you have posted on also if you click on the arrow beside the name of anyone who has posted on a thread it will then bring up the last few not sure how many of the threads they have posted on. "

I'd never noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out. I think the forum could be better laid out so that features like that are easier to find.

You're right about the green arrow but you have you search for a thread they've posted on first then click the green arrow, rather than being able to look up their profile and see what they've written. Someone might have a great profile but be argumentative and unpleasant in the forums which might give you a better idea of whether you want to meet them or not.

» Add a new message to this topic