FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Rate people out of ten

Rate people out of ten

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *UNISHR23 OP   Man  over a year ago

hillingdon

I think people should have a rating out of five or ten x and also be able to block people and not see them on your feed

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

How do propose people are rated? What criteria would you use?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And how would you rate yourself OP, or for that matter, us?

By *oufouCouple  over a year ago

Somerset

There should definitely be a means to accurately rate other users on Fab.

Many people have bad experiences and feel powerless to warn others. But there is no social consequence for bad behaviour.

For example... on Saturday we were stood-up by a guy with whom we had corresponded over three months. We sent photos, our Kik ID, our phone number (with an invitation for him to call to confirm our authenticity) etc. He also had our GPS via the Fab mobile app. He agreed to meet weeks ago, we booked a hotel, but as we arrived he messaged us to voiced concerns we weren’t authentic! We sent photos of us st the pub, plus a dated bar receipt. He said he would arrive in a couple of hours... but he never showed up. This guy has 25 glowing verifications, which is why we approached him. And our experience isn’t uncommon on Fab.

There needs to be a way of leaving negative feedback.

"There should definitely be a means to accurately rate other users on Fab.

Many people have bad experiences and feel powerless to warn others. But there is no social consequence for bad behaviour.

Wow he's mad,you look hot

For example... on Saturday we were stood-up by a guy with whom we had corresponded over three months. We sent photos, our Kik ID, our phone number (with an invitation for him to call to confirm our authenticity) etc. He also had our GPS via the Fab mobile app. He agreed to meet weeks ago, we booked a hotel, but as we arrived he messaged us to voiced concerns we weren’t authentic! We sent photos of us st the pub, plus a dated bar receipt. He said he would arrive in a couple of hours... but he never showed up. This guy has 25 glowing verifications, which is why we approached him. And our experience isn’t uncommon on Fab.

There needs to be a way of leaving negative feedback."

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Nope. Next.........

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Nobody has come up with one that's foolproof yet

Somerset

It would be fairly easy, actually. But perhaps if the fakes and flakes were clear to see this site wouldn’t generate so much money for the owners.

"It would be fairly easy, actually. But perhaps if the fakes and flakes were clear to see this site wouldn’t generate so much money for the owners. "

Come on then, enlighten us as to how easy it would be...........

By *ill-alisonCouple  over a year ago

kirkby

Having held quite a few partys in the past with the view of always including single guys we found on average 4 out of 5 would not turn up after virtually begging to come and saying they would not let us down and having verifications out of there ears we have come to accept this as a fact as having tried to shame these people we got into trouble with Fab

So yes there should be some sort of strike system used by Fab if someone can prove they were let down a first strike should be shown on the offenders profile and maybe after 3 strikes they can be suspend from Fab

I now they can just start up a new profile but as a single guy it is hard to get verifications so alot would be unwilling to lose them

Somerset

I think we all have similar experiences here...

But would you bother to arrange to meet someone who has 8/10 for communication, but only 1/10 for meeting?

Somerset

We posted a status update about our meet that was deleted twice by the admin... so we appreciate your candour.

kirkby

I don't wish to harm single males chances of a meeting heaven knows its hard enough for them but if a points or strike system is in place maybe it would deter people from arranging a meeting if they knew they couldn't make it or at the very least let you know in plenty of time that thy cannot come we all have life's outside of swinging and things happen you can't control

By *herealdavidjonesMan  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"And how would you rate yourself OP, or for that matter, us?"

Your ass would get a 10 from me

By *herealdavidjonesMan  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

A rating is subjective we all like different people and shapes and sizes. Is a van better than a sports car? Not if you have a bunch of tools to cart around.

Somerset

Perhaps a points system would increase their chances of a meeting? It would mean guys who show-up get approached again. And those who don’t show-up repeatedly won’t suffer much of a loss... lol

Somerset

"A rating is subjective we all like different people and shapes and sizes. Is a van better than a sports car? Not if you have a bunch of tools to cart around.

"

And your blatant objectification gets 10/10 from me. But I’m talking about something else here... yes?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Suppose I turn up to meet someone and they are already there. We chat and at the end of a brief discussion I say I'd rather not meet again. The other person gets miffed and reports me as a no show/ time waster. How do I prove I was there without another elaborate points system where both parties check in somewhere.

"I think people should have a rating out of five or ten x and also be able to block people and not see them on your feed "

This aint Tinder, rating people seriously? And if this became a thing people that are new or trying to get veris/meets will be doomed because of ratings... And ratings based on what?? Have you even thought thoroughly about this? Put yourself in others shoes and think about from their perspective.

Somerset

"Suppose I turn up to meet someone and they are already there. We chat and at the end of a brief discussion I say I'd rather not meet again. The other person gets miffed and reports me as a no show/ time waster. How do I prove I was there without another elaborate points system where both parties check in somewhere. "

There are different kinds of meets with different expectations. Providing all parties know what to expect, this shouldn’t be an issue.

A social meet should be just that. Alternatively if you meet with an expectation of sex and occasionally say no, that’s not a problem. But if you meet with the expectation of sex and regularly say no... well, guys might want to know that beforehand.

LOOL. FUCKED for real. See. There are people like that scumbag. I would never do something like this. That's absolutely horrible

Somerset

"This aint Tinder, rating people seriously? And if this became a thing people that are new or trying to get veris/meets will be doomed because of ratings... And ratings based on what?? Have you even thought thoroughly about this? Put yourself in others shoes and think about from their perspective."

You’ve been here seven weeks and don’t yet have verification. Consider that those of us who have been here years may have a fuller understanding of the site.

We are not talking about physical attractiveness or sexual performance. We are talking about rating communication, authenticity and follow-through to meetings.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Suppose I turn up to meet someone and they are already there. We chat and at the end of a brief discussion I say I'd rather not meet again. The other person gets miffed and reports me as a no show/ time waster. How do I prove I was there without another elaborate points system where both parties check in somewhere.

There are different kinds of meets with different expectations. Providing all parties know what to expect, this shouldn’t be an issue.

A social meet should be just that. Alternatively if you meet with an expectation of sex and occasionally say no, that’s not a problem. But if you meet with the expectation of sex and regularly say no... well, guys might want to know that beforehand. "

What I'm asking is how do you propose to prove that someone is a time waster, doesn't turn up, refuses sex regularly ?

Somerset

"

What I'm asking is how do you propose to prove that someone is a time waster, doesn't turn up, refuses sex regularly ?"

The same way Uber, AirBnB and all the other c2c sites do it... there is a mutual expectation. If it isn’t met, you rate accordingly. The more ratings, the more strength it has.

By *antasticMrFucksMan  over a year ago

Taunton

It's not trip adviser lol

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I think people should have a rating out of five or ten x and also be able to block people and not see them on your feed "

Met the OP. Rating as 1/10.

See how easily this could be abused??

Somerset

"

See how easily this could be abused?? "

The rating system works for the vast majority of consumer to consumer websites. That’s why eBay, etc use them. It would also work here.

"

See how easily this could be abused??

The rating system works for the vast majority of consumer to consumer websites. That’s why eBay, etc use them. It would also work here."

It just wouldn’t work OP. eBay etc employ I’d guess, hundreds of people to manage their verications, FAB is run by volunteers. It would be so open to abuse.

Surely a better way would be for people to realise that this is the real world and sometimes the real world sucks

Somerset

" It just wouldn’t work OP. eBay etc employ I’d guess, hundreds of people to manage their verications, FAB is run by volunteers. It would be so open to abuse.

Surely a better way would be for people to realise that this is the real world and sometimes the real world sucks"

Fab isn’t the real world. That’s the problem. It presents a distorted view of users because you can’t report what is really happening. And any criticism is silenced, as has been attested above. I also think there are a large number of single women who are put off by these issues...

" It just wouldn’t work OP. eBay etc employ I’d guess, hundreds of people to manage their verications, FAB is run by volunteers. It would be so open to abuse.

Surely a better way would be for people to realise that this is the real world and sometimes the real world sucks

Fab isn’t the real world. That’s the problem. It presents a distorted view of users because you can’t report what is really happening. And any criticism is silenced, as has been attested above. I also think there are a large number of single women who are put off by these issues... "

You failed to address our point as to who would be tasked to manage the rating as per eBay etc.,

Somerset

" You failed to address our point as to who would be tasked to manage the rating as per eBay etc.,"

It depends what you mean by manage. Most eBay ratings require no management. But in the occasional event of a dispute, there is arbitration from eBay. I guess you mean that?

Arbitration could work in several ways, but peer review would be our preference.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

What I'm asking is how do you propose to prove that someone is a time waster, doesn't turn up, refuses sex regularly ?

The same way Uber, AirBnB and all the other c2c sites do it... there is a mutual expectation. If it isn’t met, you rate accordingly. The more ratings, the more strength it has."

My problem with that is that expectations aren't always mutual. You said earlier that men might want to know if I met socially often without moving on to sex. They might award me 1/10 if that was the case. Whereas I would award a man who expected women to have sex even if a social didn't go well a 1/10.

Somerset

" My problem with that is that expectations aren't always mutual. You said earlier that men might want to know if I met socially often without moving on to sex. They might award me 1/10 if that was the case. Whereas I would award a man who expected women to have sex even if a social didn't go well a 1/10."

We agree. The solution is to only have specific rating options available by mutual consent. In other words, if you both agree to a social meet on the site, you can rate that experience on the site. That way you wouldn’t be subject to a review for something you hadn’t agreed to.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

" My problem with that is that expectations aren't always mutual. You said earlier that men might want to know if I met socially often without moving on to sex. They might award me 1/10 if that was the case. Whereas I would award a man who expected women to have sex even if a social didn't go well a 1/10.

We agree. The solution is to only have specific rating options available by mutual consent. In other words, if you both agree to a social meet on the site, you can rate that experience on the site. That way you wouldn’t be subject to a review for something you hadn’t agreed to. "

We agree in part. I don't think it would work fairly in practice. However I would happily be proved wrong

Somerset

" We agree in part. I don't think it would work fairly in practice. However I would happily be proved wrong "

Everything is open to abuse, of course. But as things stand there is some terrible behaviour here that goes completely unchecked...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

" We agree in part. I don't think it would work fairly in practice. However I would happily be proved wrong

Everything is open to abuse, of course. But as things stand there is some terrible behaviour here that goes completely unchecked... "

So I understand. Touch wood we've been fortunate enough to avoid that.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

" You failed to address our point as to who would be tasked to manage the rating as per eBay etc.,

It depends what you mean by manage. Most eBay ratings require no management. But in the occasional event of a dispute, there is arbitration from eBay. I guess you mean that?

Arbitration could work in several ways, but peer review would be our preference.

"

Would you like to expand on the arbitration process and who would do it?

"Suppose I turn up to meet someone and they are already there. We chat and at the end of a brief discussion I say I'd rather not meet again. The other person gets miffed and reports me as a no show/ time waster. How do I prove I was there without another elaborate points system where both parties check in somewhere.

A social meet should be just that. Alternatively if you meet with an expectation of sex and occasionally say no, that’s not a problem. But if you meet with the expectation of sex and regularly say no... well, guys might want to know that beforehand.

What I'm asking is how do you propose to prove that someone is a time waster, doesn't turn up, refuses sex regularly ?"

You can't simple as it's subjective. A good example is right here in the OP. He had 25 veris, I'm assuming been around about 9 months to a year, all looks great but decides not to show for whatever reason. His 25 veris seem to say he'll show, he's been here a good while, he's communicated well.....But last minute he didn't show for whatever reason. So he gets 1 bad mark. Then he arranges a meet with a regular who gives him a glowing veri.

If I were looking at that I'd ask was it him or did the precious people just not like him.

Another thing to add is what about repeat meets. I've had loads of meets that I've not given nor received veris for because it's with the same few people. If I had a veris for every meet I had I could be looking at over 100 in the 3 years I've been here as I've a few regulars go back years. The reality is that I may have only met 5 or 6 different people in the time, again this would give some false ideas about how reliable I would be in meeting a 'new' person.

There are many more reason why this rating suggestion wouldn't work too.

Somerset

"You can't simple as it's subjective. A good example is right here in the OP. He had 25 veris, I'm assuming been around about 9 months to a year, all looks great but decides not to show for whatever reason. His 25 veris seem to say he'll show, he's been here a good while, he's communicated well.....But last minute he didn't show for whatever reason. So he gets 1 bad mark. Then he arranges a meet with a regular who gives him a glowing veri.

If I were looking at that I'd ask was it him or did the precious people just not like him.

Another thing to add is what about repeat meets. I've had loads of meets that I've not given nor received veris for because it's with the same few people. If I had a veris for every meet I had I could be looking at over 100 in the 3 years I've been here as I've a few regulars go back years. The reality is that I may have only met 5 or 6 different people in the time, again this would give some false ideas about how reliable I would be in meeting a 'new' person.

There are many more reason why this rating suggestion wouldn't work too."

Whether someone shows up or not isn’t subjective. And if he gets 100 people giving him 1/10 for meets then you might assume it’s not because someone is being precious, as you put it. Currently he only publishes verifications that put him in a good light... who wouldn’t?

As for repeat meets... that could easily be dealt with, perhaps with a special status of Fabber. In other words, if you received ratings from the same people multiple times you get recognised as that rare thing... a dependable, capable, sexy stud-muffin (or whatever). A little badge could mark your profile pic.

kirkby

Due to our experience of holding partys we have found that there are a lot of single guys who have the attitude that cples that swing are for want of a better word freakish and can treat them as they like which damages the genuine ones so as I believe a three strike system with mods overseeing it and the right of appeal would make things alot easier for everyone involved cples and singles alike as there are cples who let people down and I only think it should be about weather or not they turned up not about there appearance or manner

As I have spoken to alot of people cples and singles who are very disappointed in Fab not even trying to resolve this issue

After all isn't that what happened to Facebook though a lack of action

Somerset

"As I have spoken to alot of people cples and singles who are very disappointed in Fab not even trying to resolve this issue "

We’ve been here two years. We have a young family, so need to plan meets in advance. Of the 60+ guys we’ve engaged with, most have dropped out when you suggest a meet. Of the 11 guys who agreed to meet, only 2 actually showed up. It makes no difference if we video chat beforehand. It makes no difference if we provide continual confirmations. They usually bail a few minutes before the agreed time, via txt. When we send a pic of us at the venue, a few have said they will be a couple of hours late. They never show. One kept us waiting for four hours...

Our experience chimes with yours: 80% of guys here (even those with verifications) never show, despite the promises. Perhaps guys might say the same of couples... but we always show. Our time for Fabbing is too precious to mess about.

Had a few no shows in my first year of joining. Changed my filtering and added a few more, my approach in scrutiny and meet preparation changed too. Not had any no shows the past 2 years since. I've a block list that could rebuild the twin towers though so maybe that's helped a lot.

Somerset

"Had a few no shows in my first year of joining. Changed my filtering and added a few more, my approach in scrutiny and meet preparation changed too. Not had any no shows the past 2 years since. I've a block list that could rebuild the twin towers though so maybe that's helped a lot."

We’ve changed our approach too, but there must be thousands of users who just give up. Wouldn’t it be better if the site supported the community, rather than leaving you to navigate for yourself?

kirkby

Well as I said I have spoken with a lot of people who are disappointed in the people that set the meeting with but more so Fab as there have been plenty of threads in past forms and as I see not one reply from so called moderators or Fab owners to address this issue I myself have joined another site and have spoken to people on that site who were so disappointed with Fab that they moved and I think though total inaction I fear alot of others will to its nice that Fab offers a free site but if all that site offers is letdowns and disappointment them the site will fail more and more will leave and I for one don't want that as we have been on here for a long time and made many friends

Somerset

"Well as I said I have spoken with a lot of people who are disappointed in the people that set the meeting with but more so Fab as there have been plenty of threads in past forms and as I see not one reply from so called moderators or Fab owners to address this issue I myself have joined another site and have spoken to people on that site who were so disappointed with Fab that they moved and I think though total inaction I fear alot of others will to its nice that Fab offers a free site but if all that site offers is letdowns and disappointment them the site will fail more and more will leave and I for one don't want that as we have been on here for a long time and made many friends "

It’s not difficult to see why the admin do nothing. Single guys are the largest source of revenue for the site. And 80% don’t meet, for whatever reason. Holding them accountable would seriously affect profits.

By *ormalguy71Man  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"Had a few no shows in my first year of joining. Changed my filtering and added a few more, my approach in scrutiny and meet preparation changed too. Not had any no shows the past 2 years since. I've a block list that could rebuild the twin towers though so maybe that's helped a lot.

We’ve changed our approach too, but there must be thousands of users who just give up. Wouldn’t it be better if the site supported the community, rather than leaving you to navigate for yourself?

"

Whilst I agree in part to ratings it would be open to abuse and I feel that is where it would fail. Currently you have the option to display verification so are you suggesting all veris are automatically shown?

I’ve been on the site a few years but not had a meet in a long while due to personal reasons, that alone makes it very hard to get females/couples to engage with me. Adding a rating would only make that even harder.

I do however feel more could be done to get rid of the time wasters.

And for the record the guy who stood you up must have been mental lol x

Why don't those who don't like the way FAB run their site just leave and go elsewhere rather than moan constantly that their £5.00 doesn't get them to Nirvana!

kirkby

"Why don't those who don't like the way FAB run their site just leave and go elsewhere rather than moan constantly that their £5.00 doesn't get them to Nirvana! "

I'm sorry you feel this way but as you clearly say you are not meeting at the moment and from your profile never have so if you have never suffered from a total time waster I don't see your point

Somerset

"Why don't those who don't like the way FAB run their site just leave and go elsewhere rather than moan constantly that their £5.00 doesn't get them to Nirvana! "

We haven’t moaned constantly. We’ve been here two years without complaint, dutifully paying for a site that promotes itself as being run by swingers, for swingers.

This thread is about improving something. If that doesn’t interest you, don’t read it. But there are hundreds of other users who share our views.

kirkby

If people don't air there views nothing gets done

Worse if those views are continuely ignored well just like face book that revenue will diminish and if the cples go the singles will follow as there will be nothing for them

"Well as I said I have spoken with a lot of people who are disappointed in the people that set the meeting with but more so Fab as there have been plenty of threads in past forms and as I see not one reply from so called moderators or Fab owners to address this issue I myself have joined another site and have spoken to people on that site who were so disappointed with Fab that they moved and I think though total inaction I fear alot of others will to its nice that Fab offers a free site but if all that site offers is letdowns and disappointment them the site will fail more and more will leave and I for one don't want that as we have been on here for a long time and made many friends

It’s not difficult to see why the admin do nothing. Single guys are the largest source of revenue for the site. And 80% don’t meet, for whatever reason. Holding them accountable would seriously affect profits. "

You have a good point. I'm not sure though how many of that 80% become site supporters tbh.

I have proposed time after time to admin to help especially with those that come on and abuse they system and people in it and disappear again for whatever reason like being removed, blanked, or just only to reapear to abuse; they should have a 72hrs minimum restriction to use any of the facilities on fab including contacting others.

I've never in 3 yrs had a reply from Admin on this proposal.

Like you say it may restrict traffic and revenue so it won't happen.

Somerset

"Whilst I agree in part to ratings it would be open to abuse and I feel that is where it would fail. Currently you have the option to display verification so are you suggesting all veris are automatically shown?

I’ve been on the site a few years but not had a meet in a long while due to personal reasons, that alone makes it very hard to get females/couples to engage with me. Adding a rating would only make that even harder.

I do however feel more could be done to get rid of the time wasters.

And for the record the guy who stood you up must have been mental lol x"

We are proposing something additional to verifications. And ratings would significantly improve your chances of meeting because the time-wasters would be visible. We think that’s 80% of guys. So couples would just be looking at the 20%...

And yes, we thought he was an idiot too... lol

"Why don't those who don't like the way FAB run their site just leave and go elsewhere rather than moan constantly that their £5.00 doesn't get them to Nirvana!

I'm sorry you feel this way but as you clearly say you are not meeting at the moment and from your profile never have so if you have never suffered from a total time waster I don't see your point "

We’ve met in the past and are verified as so

kirkby

"Well as I said I have spoken with a lot of people who are disappointed in the people that set the meeting with but more so Fab as there have been plenty of threads in past forms and as I see not one reply from so called moderators or Fab owners to address this issue I myself have joined another site and have spoken to people on that site who were so disappointed with Fab that they moved and I think though total inaction I fear alot of others will to its nice that Fab offers a free site but if all that site offers is letdowns and disappointment them the site will fail more and more will leave and I for one don't want that as we have been on here for a long time and made many friends

It’s not difficult to see why the admin do nothing. Single guys are the largest source of revenue for the site. And 80% don’t meet, for whatever reason. Holding them accountable would seriously affect profits.

You have a good point. I'm not sure though how many of that 80% become site supporters tbh.

I have proposed time after time to admin to help especially with those that come on and abuse they system and people in it and disappear again for whatever reason like being removed, blanked, or just only to reapear to abuse; they should have a 72hrs minimum restriction to use any of the facilities on fab including contacting others.

I've never in 3 yrs had a reply from Admin on this proposal.

Like you say it may restrict traffic and revenue so it won't happen. "

I feel for all the genuine singles on this site as we always include single guys in our partys and treat every one equal

But if admin and the mods ignore the complaints over profits it really is very sad we have been on this site a long time now and it was set up for genuine people with swinging in common to contact each other without being ripped off by so called dating sites

But it has changed and even from this thread alone you can see so many people who have concerns but again not one mod or a admin to be seen

As far as I can see moderators just seem to be there to collect pics and close down threads that admin may not like

Somerset

"You have a good point. I'm not sure though how many of that 80% become site supporters tbh."

It’s impossible to say for sure, but from our experience every one of the 60+ guys we’ve had exchanges with were site supporters. And they frequently renew.

We like your suspension idea too.

» Add a new message to this topic