FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Control Your Forum Post

Control Your Forum Post

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Been quite a few problems lately in some forums where trolls/jealous people etc.. being nasty to people and trying to get a rise and taking a post off track.

With this in mind, Why can't fab make it easier for the original OP when he/she makes a post he can stop certain people from commenting as the post would go on swimmingly.

Not the list of people whom you have blocked, just certain people from the posts whom you find argumentative.

Yes it would be easier to code it that all blocked on your profile cannot comment on your post but if an Op might only have a 3 or 4 who are constant who ruin a post and yes, if the trolls etc.. start a post they can obviously block me from commenting.

I've been contacted by a few who don't want to comment on the forums because they are worried that the same people might be nasty or windup to them.

So fab, I know you maybe have important stuff on your plates but consider and look into it and it will truly make the forum a much safer place to post

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

You mean something like a WhatsApp group messaging type thing. Where only your selected friends can post. It is an idea but i always thought forums were places where everyone could put their views across in a respectable way. The moderators do a great job of controlling the forums and any untoward misbehaving usually ends in forum bans for those individuals you are speaking of. Just report them and move on . I also think you would quadruple the number of threads as everyone would set up their own wee forums excluding other users from participating.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What I've found is that certain people follow my post and other's posts and actually say things that are lies or untrue or trying to make out you meant something else when its known it was not intended that way. Basically trying to ruin the post and not even comment on the OP's question

Those individuals would not then allowed to post on that thread, so out of 10,000 fab users I could select 3 whom I think are shit stirrers and they can post on it etc...

Then if any personal vendetta or an 'id profile' known for shit stirring could be blocked then the forums would be a better place.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Sounds like you have a problem with a person / people...avoid their posts and report if needed is the best option.

» Add a new message to this topic