FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Stopping fake accounts

Stopping fake accounts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atandKie OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chichester

Something needs to be done about the all the fake accounts it’s flooding out the site and really ruining the experience.

Users should have to verify their identity with ID, like image verification but can’t be faked with photoshop or anything like that.

This will increase enjoyment for users imo

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

If I had to upload ID such as passport or driving license I wouldn’t bother joining this site. It doesn’t mean we aren’t real, but I wouldn’t want to put such personal documents online for scrutiny.

Fakes will ALWAYS find a way, you just need to use common sense and a decent screening process.

Sassy

South East Wales

Also, I’ve not really noticed fakes that much and it certainly hasn’t hindered our enjoyment of, or ability to use, the site at all.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There’s no way on earth that we’d ever upload any form of official ID to this or any other site for that matter.

By *insbury Park FabberMan  over a year ago

London

"There’s no way on earth that we’d ever upload any form of official ID to this or any other site for that matter.

"

It needn't be uploaded as such. A copy could be sent to admin, and it then be shown on the profile that it had been seen and was satisfactory, using something similiar to the green tick or green flag which we currently have.

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"There’s no way on earth that we’d ever upload any form of official ID to this or any other site for that matter.

It needn't be uploaded as such. A copy could be sent to admin, and it then be shown on the profile that it had been seen and was satisfactory, using something similiar to the green tick or green flag which we currently have."

It would still be in the FAB system though.

I'm sure it could be stored securely, but it would need someone to manually verify them.

Do you really want a complete stranger to have your home address (if you send in a photo driving licence?), real date of birth, place of birth etc?

London

It needn't be uploaded as such. A copy could be sent to admin, and it then be shown on the profile that it had been seen and was satisfactory, using something similiar to the green tick or green flag which we currently have.

It would still be in the FAB system though.

I'm sure it could be stored securely, but it would need someone to manually verify them.

Do you really want a complete stranger to have your home address (if you send in a photo driving licence?), real date of birth, place of birth etc?"

Fab is well-established and I'd consider its admin people trustworthy. I had to supply proof of identity including home address to the swingers' club I'm a member of...where is the difference?

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

They should just implement i.p bans, that way they cant access the site from their home

It needn't be uploaded as such. A copy could be sent to admin, and it then be shown on the profile that it had been seen and was satisfactory, using something similiar to the green tick or green flag which we currently have."

It would produce a mass exodus of people from the site.

Keep profiles from being active or in use until user has verified by picture.....job done.

London

"

Only if made mandatory! I don't think that would be a good idea. But it could be done as a voluntary add-on, an additional optional layer of verification for those who wanted it.

Rather than having to use official documents like passport or driving license (which I wouldn't do tbh) if only photo verified users could send emails that would surely eliminate a large number of the fake profiles on here.

South Oxfordshire

"Rather than having to use official documents like passport or driving license (which I wouldn't do tbh) if only photo verified users could send emails that would surely eliminate a large number of the fake profiles on here."

I've been reliably informed (everytime this subject comes up) that it is easy to fake pictures to get the photo verification tick.

If that was mandatory, then there would be a mass exodus again.

I'm not photo verified, but am meet verified.

London

"Rather than having to use official documents like passport or driving license (which I wouldn't do tbh) if only photo verified users could send emails that would surely eliminate a large number of the fake profiles on here."

I think the problem with that is, as the OP suggests, there are photos getting through as verified that have been faked...

I appreciate not everybody would feel comfortable sending in copies of official ID but I know of at least one other swingers' site that does this on a voluntary basis, and some people would do so, I'm sure. I think it might help some single guys who are new or not well-verified demonstrate that they're genuine, to their benefit. In addition, it might help a little with one of the banes of this site - guys providing fake verifications to fake single girl or couple profiles to gain equally fake veris back to make themselves look good. Apart from anything else, the sheer quantity of some of these false veris on the single girl & couple profiles can make them look genuine unless you really follow the veri trail through carefully and closely. Anybody verified by official ID would be very stupid to give a fake veri as their actual identity would be known if the fakery came to light, so it might cut down on these shenanigans a little a least; in addition, when checking veris seeing whether any are from somebody who has confirmed their ID would then help in making a judgement about whether it's a genuine profile.

With the current GDPR laws Fab couldn't insist on uploading documents

By *hree DMan  over a year ago

Buckshaw Village

Why don’t Fab delete profiles that don’t get photo verified ( say if they don’t get verified within 24 hours ) they are loads that have joined over a year some of them & not verified!!!

South Oxfordshire

"Why don’t Fab delete profiles that don’t get photo verified ( say if they don’t get verified within 24 hours ) they are loads that have joined over a year some of them & not verified!!!"

I'm not photo verified and I don't want to be. I got a meet without being photo verified.

Why should my profile be deleted because I don't want to upload a photo (which can be faked?)

"Why don’t Fab delete profiles that don’t get photo verified ( say if they don’t get verified within 24 hours ) they are loads that have joined over a year some of them & not verified!!!"

We have been on here a while and have a number of meet verifications. Why would we bother with photo verification now?? And as previously mentioned this can be faked!

London

"With the current GDPR laws Fab couldn't insist on uploading documents"

Where does this idea about uploading documents come from?! Actually uploading copies of original documents onto the Fab website would, obviously, not be a good idea for many reasons. E-mailing them to Fab admin for verification purposes, to be seen solely by Fab admin, is a very different thing.

South Oxfordshire

"With the current GDPR laws Fab couldn't insist on uploading documents

Where does this idea about uploading documents come from?! Actually uploading copies of original documents onto the Fab website would, obviously, not be a good idea for many reasons. E-mailing them to Fab admin for verification purposes, to be seen solely by Fab admin, is a very different thing."

It's exactly the same. It's going onto the same server which could be hacked.

London

"With the current GDPR laws Fab couldn't insist on uploading documents

Where does this idea about uploading documents come from?! Actually uploading copies of original documents onto the Fab website would, obviously, not be a good idea for many reasons. E-mailing them to Fab admin for verification purposes, to be seen solely by Fab admin, is a very different thing.

It's exactly the same. It's going onto the same server which could be hacked."

Ah - well, yes, electronically transferring copies of documents to Fab admin would involve uploading them. The point I was trying to make is that they wouldn't be uploaded onto the website, in the way that photos we choose to attach to our profile are. As a non-techie person I'd have said that's how the phrase 'upload' was generally understood, but I may be wrong about that and anyway should have expressed myself more clearly. Sorry about that.

Apologies too about the point made about GDPR which looking at again I think I might have misunderstood. Yes, I think you're right, in as much as I think it would need explicit consent for the copy of the document, or personal info taken from it, to be kept at least beyond immediate processing needs (ie for verification) which you'd want for the kind of detection of fake verifying I was going on about. However, it would at least be perfectly possible to opt-in to consent for this to be the case when sending a document for verification. It's a good point though, I don't think it could be insisted upon and it does rather weaken my argument. Damn...

As to hacking! Aaargh. I shall leave it others more qualified than I am to comment on how much of a risk that is...

Totally agree. Too easy to just sign up and all the accounts are the same. Cock loving cum sluts who look amazing but never actually meet. All new users should have to be pic verified within 24 hours or account suspended and the admin would know the IP address the user signed up from and can block it. Would rather have 10000 genuine members than 30000 time wasters etc. Better experience for everyone. Been harping on about this for years now and seems no interest from the site owners to take action which is a shame as the site was set up by genuine people to meet genuine people. Totally got lost along the way

Here here

South Oxfordshire

"Totally agree. Too easy to just sign up and all the accounts are the same. Cock loving cum sluts who look amazing but never actually meet. All new users should have to be pic verified within 24 hours or account suspended and the admin would know the IP address the user signed up from and can block it. Would rather have 10000 genuine members than 30000 time wasters etc. Better experience for everyone. Been harping on about this for years now and seems no interest from the site owners to take action which is a shame as the site was set up by genuine people to meet genuine people. Totally got lost along the way "

I'm a genuine person, I've met people. I'm not photo verified.

So why should I be forced to upload a picture?

By *orny andy yorkMan  over a year ago

york

Fake are easy to spot and are actually a minority use common sense when contacting people instead of moaning about it

"Totally agree. Too easy to just sign up and all the accounts are the same. Cock loving cum sluts who look amazing but never actually meet. All new users should have to be pic verified within 24 hours or account suspended and the admin would know the IP address the user signed up from and can block it. Would rather have 10000 genuine members than 30000 time wasters etc. Better experience for everyone. Been harping on about this for years now and seems no interest from the site owners to take action which is a shame as the site was set up by genuine people to meet genuine people. Totally got lost along the way

That’s totaly fine. I think the original point was that it is too easy to open an account whereas getting photo verified within 24 hours saves a lot of people wasting time. I am sure you receive messages from people who have just signed up And are genuine etc but also you have probably had messages off people who really have no interest in meeting. You know the ones who all of a sudden after however long chatting that an hour before meeting them their kids get sent home from school etc

So why should I be forced to upload a picture?"

I have also noticed that on some new profiles. Not all, that there is a link to report the profile. That’s being driven by something in the sites background such as a known IP address that has created multiple profiles previously and these are removed quickly

London

"Fake are easy to spot and are actually a minority use common sense when contacting people instead of moaning about it "

*Some* fakes are easy to spot, indeed. Those will be the ones you've spotted

By *octor TCMan  over a year ago

manchester

Reported a fake trying to arrange meets with another girls pics. Somehow her pic came up on Instagram. I contacted the real girl and we figured out who the faker was. Both reported the fake to admin and nothing is done. Well I got a forum ban for addressing the issue. The fake is still on here so............ even got the neck to try and get mobile numbers vids and then I guess the skank would attempt to ekstort . But her English is straight out of an ash tray so she smells of fake a million miles away

South Oxfordshire

"I have also noticed that on some new profiles. Not all, that there is a link to report the profile. That’s being driven by something in the sites background such as a known IP address that has created multiple profiles previously and these are removed quickly "

You can report all profiles as fakes, regardless of how long they have been on the site.

South Oxfordshire

"Totally agree. Too easy to just sign up and all the accounts are the same. Cock loving cum sluts who look amazing but never actually meet. All new users should have to be pic verified within 24 hours or account suspended and the admin would know the IP address the user signed up from and can block it. Would rather have 10000 genuine members than 30000 time wasters etc. Better experience for everyone. Been harping on about this for years now and seems no interest from the site owners to take action which is a shame as the site was set up by genuine people to meet genuine people. Totally got lost along the way

That’s totaly fine. I think the original point was that it is too easy to open an account whereas getting photo verified within 24 hours saves a lot of people wasting time. I am sure you receive messages from people who have just signed up And are genuine etc but also you have probably had messages off people who really have no interest in meeting. You know the ones who all of a sudden after however long chatting that an hour before meeting them their kids get sent home from school etc

So why should I be forced to upload a picture?"

But you are missing the point. It won't stop anything.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

I think there should be some verification system, and if people don't well good it's makes it a smaller site but stops the all fakes. At least people will actually start meeting.

Not having a photo verification does not mean your photo cant be used inappropriatley. Photos that get sent in a pm can be screen shot cropped and used just as well as any that are on a profile. So unless you dont have photos on your profile and dont send pics prior to a meet your images can still be used in a nasty manner.

Just throwing another veiw point in.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"They should just implement i.p bans, that way they cant access the site from their home"

IP addys are dynamic, they change.

South East Wales

We didn’t get photo verified until after a few weeks of joining, looking around and deciding that we wanted to actively meet.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin have said before that they won't make PV compulsory for all. If you set your filters to not accept mails from unverified profiles the site will work for you how you want it to.

South Oxfordshire

"Admin have said before that they won't make PV compulsory for all. If you set your filters to not accept mails from unverified profiles the site will work for you how you want it to."

It's pretty standard in the USA to include not only a gvmnt issued I'd but also a signed document to confirm age.

As a very "techie" person who works in the realm of ISP back office, I'm going to give some clarity to the whole upload vs email and IP address misinformation.

Uploading means any information sent from your connection towards the Internet. Doesn't matter where that information goes or in what form. Even just clicking on a user's profile "uploads" your request to the fab servers to allow you to "download" the relevant information. Your upload is stored in the server's log files and the requested page is (from the server's view) "uploaded" from fab to your connection. It is purely the direction of information based on your specific end.

Email. Email is inherently completely insecure. In other words ANYTHING you send by email is NOT SECURE. When you "upload" the text and attachments from your connection to your provider's email server the connection 'might' be secure but then the email is "uploaded" in turn to the recipients email server and that connection will not be and you have no idea who can intercept it along the way. When the recipient "downloads" your email it again 'might' be secure but not always. The information you have sent to the recipient is stored locally on their computer or indefinitely on the server in the case of the big cloud providers.

"Uploading" documents to the fab servers is inherently more secure than any email would be as you can ensure they are using a valid SSL certificate - the green padlock type affair thing in your browser or URL bar. Either way of "uploading" your personal documents is irrelevant as it does not tell you who is viewing or potentially saving your information.

For residential and most business connections IP addresses are not like you might see in film and TV. While ISPs log what IP your connection used at any one point -this is primarily used for internal billing and to a lesser extent law and copyright infringement reasons- connections are assigned a random IP from a provider's pool of available addresses at the time you connect. The only exception to this is some ISPs allow you to rent a semi static IP. If fab was to block by IP the offender only need reconnect or they just connect by a VPN. The result is anyone else who connects and gets that IP will be unable to use fab and they didn't do anything wrong.

The ways to proactively stop fake profiles are things like: for each profile to be approved before it is visible or the user is able to send messages, to be more strict about usernames, automatic testing of email addresses to confirm they are able to receive email, requiring new members to have a minimum word count in their profiles, require sms validation and a timeout on when that number can be used again, have a timeout/block on how quickly an email address can be reused, check for similar/sequential email addresses being used, and a huge list of other stupid little things.

Basically plug one hole and the fakes will find more. At the end of the day it comes down to manhours and the sheer work involved in outsmarting them without causing additional cost and disruption to people using the site.

.... Sorry for the novel

By *orny andy yorkMan  over a year ago

york

I don’t find fake profiles the probelm on here as they are easy to spot it’s the time wasters

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Treat EVERY approach as its from a fake profile, until they prove otherwise.

Multiple veries from different profiles who also have multiple veries is about the only fool-proof way of saying a profile is real, but beware, the lower the veri count from the initial contact, and the lower the veri count for each of their veries, means you need to do more digging for proof of their veracity (or otherwise).

Bottom line, a profile with one or two veries, each of whom has one or two, isn't necessarily a bona-fide person.

Use other methods to satisfy yourself, asking them to go on cam is one, a phone call is another.

If you rush into a meet, and are left sitting in a pub nursing a drink because they didn't turn up, you only have yourself to blame.

We have never been stood up or let down in 10 years swinging.

"They should just implement i.p bans, that way they cant access the site from their home"

Wouldn't work at all, IP address can be masked with a VPN. Plus smartphones generate new IP addresses, turn off and on generates another IP address.

By *ittle DancerWoman  over a year ago

Leslie, Glenrothes

Once someone’s been on for a while and been verified a few times - it’s pretty easy to see they are genuine.

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

london

I think fabguys has compulsory photo verification before a new account is active - might be good to have that here too

Ask them for a phone call, Or meet them in a club.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

You have any idea how much paperwork that would create for a site that has no employees to handle it?

Who do you think is going to process it all?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's important that Fab has a high volume of users, so that we all have greater choice of partners. The responsibility lies on the site and users, to maintain and improve site quality and standards.

It's probably near impossible to prevent 100% of fake accounts being created, when you accept that government security agencies etc have their site's security breached by illegal actors. That said, Fab run's a 24/7 operation to ensure that standards are high. As a free to use site - which again helps attract more visitors than a paid site - there isn't an unlimited fund to pay for ever improved features and security, so users can also take some responsibility, by reporting suspect users as well as following good common sense and advice from others, when interacting and meeting others.

If a profile is obviously suspect, the first thing to do is to report it to admin. I suggest that you delay interaction with such a user, as they may get removed and banned from the site. It's worthwhile using cams, such as in the cam chat room, to help you in your validation of the user, as well as phone conversations. A profile that's not genuine would resist attempts to show their face and provide other contact details; if they do, it's still not fail-safe.

Don't rush into anything or someone else's pressure to do so, follow your own pace and plans. Ignore new users, as these are likely to be less certain of longevity on Fab too.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't think that users should be required to upload official IDs etc. as it would reduce the number of users here and would degrade the quality of the site in this way.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think fabguys has compulsory photo verification before a new account is active - might be good to have that here too "

It doesn't

I don't have no photo ID as I don't drive and my passport has expired so I'd be fucked wouldn't I if we had to show photo iD on here

By *abrielleroselaceyTV/TS  over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 18/08/18 22:21:45]

Manchester

Wouldn't work with dynamic IPs and VPNs

Manchester

and just a thought, whilst there are fake profiles what about those people who only want one to one meets? Are they not fake swingers

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

COME ON GUYS ITS THE INTERNET ITS FULL OF FAKES AND TIMEWASTERS JUST LIVE WITH IT

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

It's not a good idea to ever share your ID on sites like these.

Site could get hacked and your details published for the world to see.

Human beings are very judgemental and struggle to understand how like minded people enjoy places like this and will have you down as some pervert or worse yet, sex offender.

It is also why I am reluctant to send face pics to members on here who have it as a prerequisite for contacting them.

You never know who is on the other side.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

Fab does have a photo id just look for the flag

london

"I think fabguys has compulsory photo verification before a new account is active - might be good to have that here too

It doesn't "

When I recently had to recreate my accounts - it wouldn’t let me proceed until I had it photo verified

In a town Fab forgot

I think some people don’t understand the intention behind the photo verification option.

Its supposed to give a level of assurance that the person in the picture is the same gender as the person’s profile.

What it’s not, is a cast iron guarantee that this process is 100% fool proof. Photo verifications can be and probably are faked.

What they are not is a nailed on guarantee that the person is genuine, the profile is genuine, that they won’t waste your time, that they will find you attractive, that they will want to meet you or that they will fuck you.

Enjoying the site is about using your common sense, regrettably a skill many seem to lack.

I even saw someone a while back suggesting that a photo verification was a better barometer than a meet verification.

That really did make me want to give my head a wobble.

I think some people are in too much of a hurry to meet, too desperate, and in their haste they forget to carry out any due diligence.

After which they want the site to remedy their mistakes by introducing a whole raft of unworkable and impractical processes.

If any other form of verification system provided a 100% guarantee, don’t you think the site would have implemented it by now?

South Oxfordshire

"I think some people don’t understand the intention behind the photo verification option.

Its supposed to give a level of assurance that the person in the picture is the same gender as the person’s profile.

What it’s not, is a cast iron guarantee that this process is 100% fool proof. Photo verifications can be and probably are faked.

What they are not is a nailed on guarantee that the person is genuine, the profile is genuine, that they won’t waste your time, that they will find you attractive, that they will want to meet you or that they will fuck you.

Enjoying the site is about using your common sense, regrettably a skill many seem to lack.

I even saw someone a while back suggesting that a photo verification was a better barometer than a meet verification.

I think some people are in too much of a hurry to meet, too desperate, and in their haste they forget to carry out any due diligence.

After which they want the site to remedy their mistakes by introducing a whole raft of unworkable and impractical processes.

If any other form of verification system provided a 100% guarantee, don’t you think the site would have implemented it by now?

"

In a town Fab forgot

"I think some people don’t understand the intention behind the photo verification option.

"

Seems obvious doesn't it.....

South Oxfordshire

Seems obvious doesn't it..... "

Very much so.

In a town Fab forgot

Seems obvious doesn't it.....

Very much so. "

Then why don't people get it?

Maybe is should be written in the site FAQ's.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think fabguys has compulsory photo verification before a new account is active - might be good to have that here too

It doesn't

When I recently had to recreate my accounts - it wouldn’t let me proceed until I had it photo verified "

It doesn't have "compulsory" PV

In a town Fab forgot

It doesn't

When I recently had to recreate my accounts - it wouldn’t let me proceed until I had it photo verified

It doesn't have "compulsory" PV"

A friend of mine couldn't proceed with opening her account until she had sent in a PV pic.

The system wouldn't let her proceed any further with completing her account by PV.

If it's not compulsory by definition, it is by process.

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

There isn’t any way to stop the fakes or timewasters joining fab.

There’s tools on site to help you deal with them but ultimately it’s down to each persons selection process to pick them up and deal with them.

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

"

Excellent post

In a town Fab forgot

Excellent post "

Thank you.

I've copied into my notes so I can copy and paste it into every one of these threads.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

If it's not compulsory by definition, it is by process."

It doesn't have "compulsory" PV" for all

( added two words )

By *orny6669Couple  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

You need verifying again by me

We now only meet people with a few verifications that way we know they are genuine so change of criteria may help you sort out the problem

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Oddly, I don't have a problem with fake accounts, which while undoubtedly widespread, impact on my fab experience not one iota.

I do have a theory on why that might be, but would be unable to express it without upsetting others, so am keeping quiet.

Admin have no responsibiity for who you choose to make private arrangements with. They simply provide an outlet whereby like-minded folks can share their interests. It is not up to Admin to police your choices of potential playfriends - that's YOUR job.

If you are getting repeated issues with no-shows etc - then you need to look at your own filtering system.

Most folks make a profile here purely to see who else is using the site - and to get a feel for whether the site/lifestyle has something to offer them. A very large percentage leave almost immediately - they don't always delete their profile. A good chunk of those folks return at a later date, taking up their profile once again, after becoming better informed of what it's all about.

Whether they stay or go, they need to 'test the water' before committing themselves.

Any form of forced enrolment/early removal would give a very bad first impression of the site.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Something that anyone who can do a quick Google search could circumvent in seconds. Bout as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

We're having a great time winding up a sad pathetic single guy at the moment with a fake couples profile. But tomorrow shall name and shame

"We're having a great time winding up a sad pathetic single guy at the moment with a fake couples profile. But tomorrow shall name and shame "

Don’t name and shame, it’s against site rules

In a town Fab forgot

"We're having a great time winding up a sad pathetic single guy at the moment with a fake couples profile. But tomorrow shall name and shame

Don’t name and shame, it’s against site rules "

This. ^

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We're having a great time winding up a sad pathetic single guy at the moment with a fake couples profile. But tomorrow shall name and shame "

Having more than one profile is allowed but not if you're using it to wind someone else up or trick them. Admin take a dim view of that.

"We're having a great time winding up a sad pathetic single guy at the moment with a fake couples profile. But tomorrow shall name and shame

Having more than one profile is allowed but not if you're using it to wind someone else up or trick them. Admin take a dim view of that."

I think they’re saying that the bloke has a fake couples account?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Having more than one profile is allowed but not if you're using it to wind someone else up or trick them. Admin take a dim view of that.

I think they’re saying that the bloke has a fake couples account?"

Doh! You're right

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Having more than one profile is allowed but not if you're using it to wind someone else up or trick them. Admin take a dim view of that."

Rewind.

Report him, don't name and shame. Got the wrong end of the stick.

Having been on this site going on nearly 10 yrs now,I can honestly say it’s gone down the pan,fake accounts being a big problem,also women with twitter accounts adultwork accounts basically advertising on her to pay for sex,not to mention the drugs posts also,it needs sorting fab swingers your quick to take the £5 lets get the site back to the way it was and the way it should be

By *DSM - CUCKOLD - COUPLECouple  over a year ago

manchester

Simply ask for a live direct photo holding a random object of your choice I.e spoon if you suspect they are fake. If they are genuine and have experienced fake profiles themselves they will understand and gladly put you at ease and do your request

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Simply ask for a live direct photo holding a random object of your choice I.e spoon if you suspect they are fake. If they are genuine and have experienced fake profiles themselves they will understand and gladly put you at ease and do your request "

Exactly this

The shoe on the head works well lol

Gloucester

Don’t name and shame, it’s against site rules "

will name and shame . Fab needs gen people not wasters

Gloucester

"Simply ask for a live direct photo holding a random object of your choice I.e spoon if you suspect they are fake. If they are genuine and have experienced fake profiles themselves they will understand and gladly put you at ease and do your request

Exactly this

The shoe on the head works well lol "

Love this idea

Don’t name and shame, it’s against site rules will name and shame . Fab needs gen people not wasters "

You will then probably have your account suspended, but your call.

In a town Fab forgot

Don’t name and shame, it’s against site rules will name and shame . Fab needs gen people not wasters

You will then probably have your account suspended, but your call. "

Wise words.

Oddly enough the same advice offered by a forum moderator.

"Simply ask for a live direct photo holding a random object of your choice I.e spoon if you suspect they are fake. If they are genuine and have experienced fake profiles themselves they will understand and gladly put you at ease and do your request

Exactly this

The shoe on the head works well lol "

Ah a sensible comment at last!

Does everyone not have to get photo verified ? I know I did !!

By *DSM - CUCKOLD - COUPLECouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Does everyone not have to get photo verified ? I know I did !! "
no but it helps

unless there is a good response from a newbie that all makes sense we usually wait untill they have a veri off somone we know.

so many couples have a veri off a single man .the so call 3 people are usually just the one saddo.

"unless there is a good response from a newbie that all makes sense we usually wait untill they have a veri off somone we know.

so many couples have a veri off a single man .the so call 3 people are usually just the one saddo."

There’s some blatant ones like that on here, I’ve reported a few but they never get taken down

Gloucester

"unless there is a good response from a newbie that all makes sense we usually wait untill they have a veri off somone we know.

so many couples have a veri off a single man .the so call 3 people are usually just the one saddo.

There’s some blatant ones like that on here, I’ve reported a few but they never get taken down "

Well I reported mine lol yesterday

He is still there and we had an exchange of messages again on meets but still can't speak to them on the phone .

I’m going to share something with everyone.....

This is the internet.... every site on the internet has spam profiles...

Either you learn to live with this fact or don’t use the internet....

london

It doesn't

It doesn't have "compulsory" PV"

Well I assure you, it took 2 days to verify my profile and no user could see it until then. When I would log in, I could only go to the upload a pic to verify page. I thought that’s how the admin controlled the daily new accounts being created and closed.

"Something needs to be done about the all the fake accounts it’s flooding out the site and really ruining the experience.

Users should have to verify their identity with ID, like image verification but can’t be faked with photoshop or anything like that.

This will increase enjoyment for users imo"

I've never come across a fake account yet

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It doesn't

Well I assure you, it took 2 days to verify my profile and no user could see it until then. When I would log in, I could only go to the upload a pic to verify page. I thought that’s how the admin controlled the daily new accounts being created and closed. "

If you read my next post is says "It doesn't have "compulsory" PV for all"

london

It doesn't

Well I assure you, it took 2 days to verify my profile and no user could see it until then. When I would log in, I could only go to the upload a pic to verify page. I thought that’s how the admin controlled the daily new accounts being created and closed.

If you read my next post is says "It doesn't have "compulsory" PV for all""

Thanks - I did read your comment - you have since amended by adding “for all”.

I was explaining my experience which was not an illusion in my mind - perhaps it was a blip in the system - nevertheless it occurred and it formed an assumption that PV was compulsory for all - now I know it’s just “for some”.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

"Something needs to be done about the all the fake accounts it’s flooding out the site and really ruining the experience.

This will increase enjoyment for users imo"

If you've figured out who the fakes are you must have to know the site is flooding with them, why worry you've sussed them so shouldn't affect your experience.

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple  over a year ago

chester

"

I take it all those who feel it is somehow more secure to send personal documentation (even if only copies) directly to be verified by someone else (even if allegedly as reliable as Fab) have never heard of either burglary or insider-staff problems in the real world? With the advent of good quality cameras on phones copying your personal data is just a tap away.

Many Fabbers value and guard their discretion to avoid conflict in their real lives.

We agree with you 100% no way would we place such documentation out in the web or in the hands of any swinger site associated with the web.

Just keep watching how often our elders and "betters" in Parliament for instance keep pushing for access to who is a member of these sites.

Why do they want to know? Knowledge is power.

As for the constant reappearance of this "sort out the fakes" thread it would appear that many such posters just want Fab to be a bigger version of a sex club with guaranteed meat (that is not a typo) on the menu.

If they don't like Fab the way it is why are they here?

Most of the old hands can spot a fake a mile off and just move on to the next conversation without wasting time.

why not create a cam room for verification and all newbee should get cam verified by the cam room mods for three times in a month to get a gree flag, i know the mods are not always there but can set certain time in a day.

So many fake couple its becoming drowning. Or the male of couple doing all the messaging. Getting so boring

Gloucester

"So many fake couple its becoming drowning. Or the male of couple doing all the messaging. Getting so boring "
so true . Yet admin removed our status saying warning fake couple alert in Gloucester. It just pisses us off as the spoil the site for others

"Rather than having to use official documents like passport or driving license (which I wouldn't do tbh) if only photo verified users could send emails that would surely eliminate a large number of the fake profiles on here.

I've been reliably informed (everytime this subject comes up) that it is easy to fake pictures to get the photo verification tick.

If that was mandatory, then there would be a mass exodus again.

I'm not photo verified, but am meet verified."

Anything is easily faked. And yes a mass exodus would indeed happen; by the genuine fabbers.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"So many fake couple its becoming drowning. Or the male of couple doing all the messaging. Getting so boring so true . Yet admin removed our status saying warning fake couple alert in Gloucester. It just pisses us off as the spoil the site for others "

Because you should report instead of name and shame

By *lueEyedBoyo69Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

Reported several profiles for being fake. Single guys posing as couples or women I would assume. Quick Google search of their pics and the photos are easily found on various adult sites. All the profiles I reported were guilty of this. No veris from meets or pics. I even sent a few of them messages to tell them I have reported them for being fake. The replies were usually "so what".

Not sure fake profiles are much of a priority for admin sadly.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Having pics on other adult sites is not a crime and doesn't make the person fake, we have pics on other sites as well as this site, including sharing sites.

Once you report a profile it can take up to 48 hours for it to be checked

Admin work very hard behind the scenes to rid the site of fakes/ scammers.

I am going to paste how they deal with reports onto the next post

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******