FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Control over who is able to view your profile

Control over who is able to view your profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am considering removing myself from this site,I want to have control over who can view my profile and photos, Access being given a specific criteria of men and women

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What's the harm in having people look at your profile?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You do have control in the settings

People look, what’s the issue? We have many people that we aren’t interested in meeting, viewing us. If you’re that bothered you could just block the people who view you.

L.

I also think your status is really uncalled for.

Just no need.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You do have control in the settings "

That's only over who can message.

Manchester (she/her)

"I also think your status is really uncalled for.

Just no need. "

Yeah, that's... something alright.

Just no need.

Yeah, that's... something alright. "

I don’t see why people can’t just block and move on. Not make an attention seeking status by putting many men down.

Manchester (she/her)

Just no need.

I don’t see why people can’t just block and move on. Not make an attention seeking status by putting many men down. "

Quite. And I still don't see the harm in people looking. Even people you might not like.

Just no need.

I don’t see why people can’t just block and move on. Not make an attention seeking status by putting many men down.

Quite. And I still don't see the harm in people looking. Even people you might not like. "

Neither do we. If someone views us like 10 times an hour then we just block cause we find it a little stalker like, but that’s not very often.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

At the moment op the only way to control who sees your images is to put them all to private you could also take your profile text off. If you search for people you feel you'd like to meet you could send the text along with a friend invite.

Manchester (she/her)

Just no need.

Quite. And I still don't see the harm in people looking. Even people you might not like.

Neither do we. If someone views us like 10 times an hour then we just block cause we find it a little stalker like, but that’s not very often. "

Yeah, I do the same, but I don't announce it and it's one person's specific behaviour rather than a class of people.

Just no need.

Neither do we. If someone views us like 10 times an hour then we just block cause we find it a little stalker like, but that’s not very often.

Yeah, I do the same, but I don't announce it and it's one person's specific behaviour rather than a class of people. "

I don’t want to have to go through over 50 + profiles most day to block people, I would just prefer to be in control on who views my profile, This is an open forum on site suggestions I am not shouting about it

You were shouting about it on your status though.

Just hide your pictures or maybe even your profile...

People have made suggestions. You put an absolutely uncalled for status up about ‘fat old men’. Literally no need. So you can’t say you’re not shouting about it when you literally did.

Manchester (she/her)

"You were shouting about it on your status though.

Just hide your pictures or maybe even your profile...

People have made suggestions. You put an absolutely uncalled for status up about ‘fat old men’. Literally no need. So you can’t say you’re not shouting about it when you literally did. "

Quite. And you don't have to block them. If they're just looking, so what?

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

There is an option to stop people looking at your profile. If you go to "My Account", the very last item, at the bottom of the Menu list on the left hand side will prevent people from viewing your profile

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I'm not fat... I looked and fabbed your picture ..but having seen your status I'm now trying to pile on the pounds to cheese you off a bit more..

If the folk were all in mode you'd never know who viewed you or how many times.

P.S.

If a single guy had posted "I'm considering leaving " he'd likely hear don't let the door smack your backside on the way out.

"I am considering removing myself from this site,I want to have control over who can view my profile and photos, Access being given a specific criteria of men and women

"

Would I be correct in thinking you also don't like it when certain people look at you when you are out and about .

"I'm not fat... I looked and fabbed your picture ..but having seen your status I'm now trying to pile on the pounds to cheese you off a bit more..

If the folk were all in mode you'd never know who viewed you or how many times.

P.S.

If a single guy had posted "I'm considering leaving " he'd likely hear don't let the door smack your backside on the way out.

"

Let me know when you get up to 20 stone

I’d imagine by posting this forum post you’ll have had loads of “unsuitable” people looking at your profile.......

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

sometimes i think is this a swingers site..

"sometimes i think is this a swingers site.. "

Now now, what on Earth gave you that idea?

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

You have one public profile picture

I didn’t see the status you posted, but have seemed to have gotten the gist from the comments, your reasonings for wanting to restrict who views your profile (you can block them if it’s that much of an issue y’know) come across as shallow.

How dare unattractive, overweight men (people?) dare look at your profile...

By *agic hands 81Man  over a year ago

Loughborough

What can you say... I'm straight and a large part of my "who's looked at me" is guys and tv's. Now I have mates I've met at clubs so I'm not blocking them, you just deal with it.

It's one of those things on here. What happens if you block a whole section from seeing your profile? How wany chance encounters and conversations or meets would you miss if someone's slightly mislabelled themselves, or have changed since the profile was set up?

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’d be interested in how you can filter out the men you don’t like. Would someone have to classify body type independently? How do you define body size?

I’d have missed some great meets and friends if I was as picky!

"What can you say... I'm straight and a large part of my "who's looked at me" is guys and tv's. Now I have mates I've met at clubs so I'm not blocking them, you just deal with it.

It's one of those things on here. What happens if you block a whole section from seeing your profile? How wany chance encounters and conversations or meets would you miss if someone's slightly mislabelled themselves, or have changed since the profile was set up? "

You make a valid point

I had in my public gallery 10-15 photos of me having sex with men and women without showing my face,Face photos remained in the private gallery, I was regularly geting views by over 100 men per day without a single photo on their profile and it’s gone on for months,Is it too much to ask that I can select who can actually view my profile and photos ? I have met dozens of women on here who feel exactly the same

Manchester (she/her)

The way to filter that is to put photos you don't want just anyone viewing in friends only or private. Which you've done.

I don't want random people seeing photos of me in various ways. So I don't make them public.

"The way to filter that is to put photos you don't want just anyone viewing in friends only or private. Which you've done.

I don't want random people seeing photos of me in various ways. So I don't make them public. "

I shouldn’t have too, I should be able to

Filter who sees my profile to stream line directly to reach the specific people that I am interested in, Having so many men on here without any profile photos at all

Strongly suggests that there not really interested in meeting women it’s an easy way just to get photos of women

And the site owners are happy to take their money

"I’d be interested in how you can filter out the men you don’t like. Would someone have to classify body type independently? How do you define body size?

I’d have missed some great meets and friends if I was as picky! "

Aren’t I entitled to be “ Picky” if a mans going to fuck me ?

First world problems....

"The way to filter that is to put photos you don't want just anyone viewing in friends only or private. Which you've done.

I don't want random people seeing photos of me in various ways. So I don't make them public.

Filter who sees my profile to stream line directly to reach the specific people that I am interested in, Having so many men on here without any profile photos at all

Strongly suggests that there not really interested in meeting women it’s an easy way just to get photos of women

And the site owners are happy to take their money "

I'm not sure how you can prevent picture collectors.. let's say the site did put that gender viewing filter on the site.. the picture collectors or for whatever reason (and it's sometimes claimed singles create couples profiles ) could just create the relevant profile to bypass the filter..

I don't see how it's feasible or workablee..

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

If it helps, OP, I've voluntarily blocked myself from your profile.

I know it's not much, especially as I'm only a little overweight, but at least it's a start.

And the site owners are happy to take their money

I'm not sure how you can prevent picture collectors.. let's say the site did put that gender viewing filter on the site.. the picture collectors or for whatever reason (and it's sometimes claimed singles create couples profiles ) could just create the relevant profile to bypass the filter..

I don't see how it's feasible or workablee.."

There are always ways round filters if you can be bothered true,I have been on and off this site since it started and it’s become much worse this year,It’s the shear number of people viewing your photos, Most of these profiles have zero written discription about themselves and no images

"If it helps, OP, I've voluntarily blocked myself from your profile.

I know it's not much, especially as I'm only a little overweight, but at least it's a start. "

most considerate of you,Thank you

By *ightboy69Man  over a year ago

Torquay

How about just leaving fab !

"How about just leaving fab !"

Wow how long did it take you to think of that one liner ? I bet longer than I took you to block me from viewing your profile as you posted your reply lol

"How about just leaving fab !

Wow how long did it take you to think of that one liner ? I bet longer than I took you to block me from viewing your profile as you posted your reply lol "

To be fair, it took you 15 hours to respond to a one liner

[Removed by poster at 20/08/18 17:36:31]

"sometimes i think is this a swingers site..

Now now, what on Earth gave you that idea? "

Maybe something to do with those sticking their two penneth in not having any veris and a profile that states they aren’t meeting lol

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

I don’t get why people make a forum post to moan about something then add the ‘I might leave’ line like one person leaving the site will guarantee the site owners overhaul the entire site to suit one person. It’s laughable. If you don’t like people looking at your profile either have no public pics and avatar or hide your profile. No big deal really

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

If people can stop jumping on the OP please.

They have posted in the correct room, this is the Site Feedback section after all.

So no more 'just leave' or 'why are you so bothered' please.

[Removed by poster at 20/08/18 19:03:30]

Maybe something to do with those sticking their two penneth in not having any veris and a profile that states they aren’t meeting lol "

Presume that’s aimed at us? We are veri’d and have a very good reason why we’re not meeting. Didn’t realise that precludes us from commenting in forums, so sorry.,

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

You can just hide your pics or your profile and do your own searching. Nothing wrong with people looking as you can set mail filters so you can only be contacted by people you may want to meet.

[Removed by poster at 20/08/18 19:39:02]

Maybe something to do with those sticking their two penneth in not having any veris and a profile that states they aren’t meeting lol

Presume that’s aimed at us? We are veri’d and have a very good reason why we’re not meeting. Didn’t realise that precludes us from commenting in forums, so sorry.,"

Doesn’t preclude you at all. Merely making reference to your remarks to someone’s comment relating to the overall validity of this site, and pointing out that your profile would suggest that they’re right. Your reasons for either not publishing your veris and not meeting, are your business and no one elses. Just stating how it looks that’s all. As for apologising, no need, own your comments and stick by them

Presume that’s aimed at us? We are veri’d and have a very good reason why we’re not meeting. Didn’t realise that precludes us from commenting in forums, so sorry.,

Doesn’t preclude you at all. Merely making reference to your remarks to someone’s comment relating to the overall validity of this site, and pointing out that your profile would suggest that they’re right. Your reasons for either not publishing your veris and not meeting, are your business and no one elses. Just stating how it looks that’s all. As for apologising, no need, own your comments and stick by them "

The apology was purely sarcastic

Doesn’t preclude you at all. Merely making reference to your remarks to someone’s comment relating to the overall validity of this site, and pointing out that your profile would suggest that they’re right. Your reasons for either not publishing your veris and not meeting, are your business and no one elses. Just stating how it looks that’s all. As for apologising, no need, own your comments and stick by them

The apology was purely sarcastic "

As opposed to partly sarcastic? Just teasing, yes we know it wasn’t a sincere one and we’ll do our best to get our 8 hours in tonight.

OP - the filters are good for reducing messages but I hide my profile when needing a break. It’s not ideal but it’s the tool the site provides.

It would be nice to hide from everyone BUT friends instead, especially when I’m not looking for new meets / massages but still want invites / communication from ‘friends’.

Maybe admin would consider this

Btw I know you can still communicate with friends when hidden; just prefer to leave profile open to them. If you get that

I do find it irritating when couples look at my profile and then I find I can't communicate because they "have blocked everyone of your sex"

However, I don't lose sleep over it. Their loss....

[Removed by poster at 21/08/18 05:53:25]

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I do find it irritating when couples look at my profile and then I find I can't communicate because they "have blocked everyone of your sex"

However, I don't lose sleep over it. Their loss.... "

No, not really. It saves them from being bombarded with messages they haven't asked for. They are obviously doing their own searching. Just because they looked, it doesn't mean they are interested in meeting or want you to message them.

"I do find it irritating when couples look at my profile and then I find I can't communicate because they "have blocked everyone of your sex"

However, I don't lose sleep over it. Their loss.... "

Why is it their loss?

There are probably 1000 men just like you on here and 1000 men better than you so I can’t see how it’s a loss for them to block people they aren’t interested in, or use it as a way to stop themselves being bombarded by hundreds of horny single men.

They probably either don’t want to meet single men, and are browsing as people do, or maybe they block all single males so they can find the ones they like themselves. Good idea IMO.

Why is it their loss?

There are probably 1000 men just like you on here and 1000 men better than you so I can’t see how it’s a loss for them to block people they aren’t interested in, or use it as a way to stop themselves being bombarded by hundreds of horny single men.

They probably either don’t want to meet single men, and are browsing as people do, or maybe they block all single males so they can find the ones they like themselves. Good idea IMO.

"

Their loss is often used by folk including single ladies often when they've been let down.... I'd be surprised if a lady had said this it'.d be followed by the statement a 1000 better than ...as for the other bit yep totally agree they're doing the searching and that gives the guy the choice if contacted to say yes or no thanks.

I said it further up there it's totally unworkable as folk of whatever gender or demographic could create a profile that by passes the filter, what happens when the filter doesn't apply and those that can view aren't what you seek more filters more filters and more..

I've two suggestion ..don't look at your looked at me page then you don't know .., from memory if you block guys from messaging it precludes them from that list anyway

Two hide your profile and search yourself I always put the rationale of "you know better than any text description in your profile can provide who you're looking for"

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

Why is it their loss?

"

Exactly this!

» Add a new message to this topic