FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Who's near (or far)

Who's near (or far)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otlovefun42 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

We don't use the mobile app and the only (searchable) location details we give are for a UK postcode.

So why do we keep getting messages from all over the place, mostly Tenerife but also Portugal and even one from Jamaica, who think we are close by?

Only this morning we've had one from the Algarve who thought we were only 5 miles away. We are in Germany FFS and even our Spanish address (that we don't publish) is around 500 miles from the Algarve.

Is "who's near" fit for purpose?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

myself and tullula have a joint profile called dirtydaytimers2nd that we both use

sometimes when im nowhere near her I show up as being near

anyone any idea why that may be ?

"We don't use the mobile app and the only (searchable) location details we give are for a UK postcode.

So why do we keep getting messages from all over the place, mostly Tenerife but also Portugal and even one from Jamaica, who think we are close by?

Only this morning we've had one from the Algarve who thought we were only 5 miles away. We are in Germany FFS and even our Spanish address (that we don't publish) is around 500 miles from the Algarve.

Is "who's near" fit for purpose? "

you're linked up to sputnik 1

Costa Blanca Spain...

"We don't use the mobile app and the only (searchable) location details we give are for a UK postcode.

Is "who's near" fit for purpose? you're linked up to sputnik 1 "

Methinks Sputnik 1 is more accurate and up to date than who's near.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Methinks Sputnik 1 is more accurate and up to date than who's near. "
You've commented on Who's near twice, but your OP says you don't use it!

It keeps telling me people on the UK mainland and the Isle of Man are near.And I seem to get men all over the UK asking for a quick meeting. I mean come on some guy in York asked if I wanted a coffee this morning. He could meet me in an HR.?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Methinks Sputnik 1 is more accurate and up to date than who's near. You've commented on Who's near twice, but your OP says you don't use it! "

Read the OP properly.

Just because we don't use it ourselves doesn't mean that we are not on the receiving end of its screw ups.

» Add a new message to this topic