FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Reporting Profiles

Reporting Profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok we know there is a lot said about reporting profiles.

We have had to sadly report a few profiles now (not something we like doing) ie abusive mail, fake profile, children in pictures ect ect, and we only report a profile when we really think its right to do so, there are a few options to choose when reporting and once sent a page displays report sent.

But thats the end of it from what we see, would it not be an good idea to maybe let members that reported a profile know whats happening, ie admin mailing you back and letting us know

something like member has been warned for sending abusive mail or the picture in question has now been removed stuff like that, this way at least the people that have reported a profile will know that it has mattered and steps have been taken... just a thought lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi there

this week ive had a fair few idiots off this site

it seems its idiot central on fabs this week

Ninaxx

totally agree with you guys. Reported what I'm sure are false profiles this week for the first time. Felt like the school clipe for doing it but it's false accounts that are mucking this site up.

I'd be interested to have found out the result of the complaint.

Hi there

yes cant believe the amount of guys think its ok to have a pic on there profile with a child in the background

so wrong

children should be protected and its face shots too

something should be done about it

this is a sex site

Its not approppriate to have a child in the photo on a sex site

Why dont some people think its wrong

I disgusted that some people have children in their pics!!!

cant they see its sooo wrong

Ninaxx

"Ok we know there is a lot said about reporting profiles.

We have had to sadly report a few profiles now (not something we like doing) "

Loll, sorry to carve up your post, but don't be ashamed of reporting profiles -we love doing it and there's nothing wrong with it.

At the end of the day if there are assholes spoiling the fun for us genuine folks then they need to be reported and those who report them and have them removed should be proud of themselves .... in fact there should be a badge of honour - "I reported a profile and had it removed'

Seriously though, if it's suspect - report it

We have had to sadly report a few profiles now (not something we like doing)

Loll, sorry to carve up your post, but don't be ashamed of reporting profiles -we love doing it and there's nothing wrong with it.

At the end of the day if there are assholes spoiling the fun for us genuine folks then they need to be reported and those who report them and have them removed should be proud of themselves .... in fact there should be a badge of honour - "I reported a profile and had it removed'

Seriously though, if it's suspect - report it "

we agree some things do need reported, but can often seem like nothing has happened and reporting it doesnt make a difference... we had one new single guy who was very abusive with too many swear words to count in his mail, we did block and report but seems he carries on regardless.....

would help if admin responded to the person reporting with an outcome instead of left feeling that we have wasted our time

How are these pictures getting past admin with children on? It's disgusting.

"How are these pictures getting past admin with children on? It's disgusting."

Unfortunately Roy, some of the pictures do slip through the net and Admin rely on you and I to be their eyes and ears. If you see a profile containing children, report it immediately. We recently looked at a profile containing a guy proudly holding his very young baby - it was reported and promptly removed ...

If it ain't reported, it ain't gauranteed to be removed

"Hi there

yes cant believe the amount of guys think its ok to have a pic on there profile with a child in the background

so wrong

this is a sex site

Ninaxx "

I thought each pic was checked before being approved ??? So how do pics with kids in get through !!!!! Not good at all

it happens tho...

The point is to help people know they aint wasting time reporting it, some feedback from admin to the report......

as we and many others feel we are wasting our time

By *teveTamNWCouple  over a year ago

north liverpool

we feel that u should get a reply or people will stop reporting coz they dont know if its being done/looked at

"Hi there

so wrong

this is a sex site

Ninaxx

I thought each pic was checked before being approved ??? So how do pics with kids in get through !!!!! Not good at all "

Some pics were there b4 the new owners took over the site .......... then again we've uploaded pics, and within 20 secs they've been approved, which leads me to think that pics are approved by default if you're an old 'trusted' site member, and if anyone complains - they are investigated.

Could be wrong but it's safe to say that not ALL pics are vetted before going live ..

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We have had to sadly report a few profiles now (not something we like doing) ie abusive mail, fake profile, children in pictures ect ect, and we only report a profile when we really think its right to do so, there are a few options to choose when reporting and once sent a page displays report sent.

But thats the end of it from what we see, would it not be an good idea to maybe let members that reported a profile know whats happening, ie admin mailing you back and letting us know

something like member has been warned for sending abusive mail or the picture in question has now been removed stuff like that, this way at least the people that have reported a profile will know that it has mattered and steps have been taken... just a thought lol"

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/scotland/6589

There is an answer from the site owners on this thread lemon.....there is another thread with another detailed answer from SJ on but I can't seem to find it, but I will keep trying

"we feel that u should get a reply or people will stop reporting coz they dont know if its being done/looked at "

Do as we do - add the profile to your Hotlist and keep checking to see if the pic has been deleted ... we've never had a response, but we've been responsible for a good few folks having their pics taken off ..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

This was what was actually said from Admin on the above threa that I have pasted.

"We don't have the resources to update people on each individual report we receive (we get hundreds each day and if we replied to each one then dealt with the follow up mails, we would never get through them or get anything else done). But an admin does read and deal with every single report and take the appropriate action.

Admin x "

"we feel that u should get a reply or people will stop reporting coz they dont know if its being done/looked at "

Thank u our point exactly

I also reported a profile this morning for having a small child in one of the photos, I felt like a tell tale but also felt strongly about the photo, 10 mins later the photo had been removed.

Wel done admin x

north liverpool

"it happens tho...

The point is to help people know they aint wasting time reporting it, some feedback from admin to the report......

as we and many others feel we are wasting our time "

well they will never reply to people/persons that reported members but its a great idea just wait for a response/excuse why they dont reply to this post

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"it happens tho...

as we and many others feel we are wasting our time

well they will never reply to people/persons that reported members but its a great idea just wait for a response/excuse why they dont reply to this post "

See above for Admins response on another thread

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I also reported a profile this morning for having a small child in one of the photos, I felt like a tell tale but also felt strongly about the photo, 10 mins later the photo had been removed.

Wel done admin x"

Never be scared to report anything especially kids in pics, and at least you know it gets dealt with.

"we feel that u should get a reply or people will stop reporting coz they dont know if its being done/looked at

Thank u our point exactly"

As much as we love your carton avatar, we feel compelled to go against the grain and kind of disagree ....

It is not possible to reply personally to every single complaint so do your bit, watch the profile see if things change, if not then message Admin again. if it still doesn't change,assume that there is no problem with the profile ......

thanks ruby i did read ur replies, we still think if members take the time to repot these things that admin can take the time to respond.

there are times when members can see the outcome ie pics being removed ect.

But wot about the abusive mails ect, why have reported such and still the culprit continues on site... ok we have blocked him but it wasnt a nice expeirence and dont think others should be exposed, and we are not the only ones that have had hassle from such members

[Removed by poster at 29/08/09 22:17:49]

north liverpool

"thanks ruby i did read ur replies, we still think if members take the time to repot these things that admin can take the time to respond.

But wot about the abusive mails ect, why have reported such and still the culprit continues on site... ok we have blocked him but it wasnt a nice expeirence and dont think others should be exposed, and we are not the only ones that have had hassle from such members "

yes we have had a very similar but did not feel we could report as it all started by text and phone calls after contact of here when we did a fem to fem call to prove gen and asked them if they had pic of them both they said did not have any so we said well with young family don't get much time off so meet to see if there's an attraction both ways and would not meet until then then the abuse started for days and days by text phone call abuse about r kids who they had never met so theres loads of it going on

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"thanks ruby i did read ur replies, we still think if members take the time to repot these things that admin can take the time to respond.

But wot about the abusive mails ect, why have reported such and still the culprit continues on site... ok we have blocked him but it wasnt a nice expeirence and dont think others should be exposed, and we are not the only ones that have had hassle from such members "

I wasn't in any way trying to answer for Admin, but as Admin were not logged in at the time I posted what had been said by them on a previous thread.

They have posted a more detailed reply that answered exactly the questions you are asking but sadly their history doesn't go back any further than 3 weeks so I can't find it.

Obviously you don't have to agree with how they do things, but you can maybe understand their answer from the post that was pasted about time and rescources.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Just a quick note on this.

Our policy is never to provide feedback on abuse reports, but to deal with each report appropriately. Every single report gets looked at in detail by an Admin, and where an account needs action taking, that action is taken.

We get literally hundreds of reports a day on images, users, forum posts, private messages, events and club reviews. If each one was provided with feedback we a) wouldn't have time to do anything else and b) we'd generate a load of replies to that feedback.

If people want feedback to abuse reports, there are other sites that charge much more than us and I'm sure that they employ people to give feedback on reports. But we don't.

Admin x

The more profiles that are reported the better the site will become and if profiles are reported by several people then im assuming more chance of action.

Still find it amazing that pics with kids in even get submitted... Wtf are the parents thinking off?

Regards to abuse in chat, if you see anything going on that shouldnt, double click on the screen (where the chat text is) the screen flashes a pale green which means the chat text is copied to clipboard. Report persons profile and paste the chat log into the box, maybe removing the innocent text so that admin can see whats occurred. Also state the room and time.

Steve

By *ARAHJANE and GrahamCouple  over a year ago

leeds

yes that is a good idea as we too have had to report people and it would be nice to know what is happening with that profile, it would be nice to stop these idiots spoiling it for everyone else.

We have reported profiles before for people openly promoting clubs etc on there profiles which is something that is not allowed, a whole week later the reported profile is still there with no alterations being made.

So do admin really look at all complaints, do they have no consistency when dealing with reports??

Perhaps a larger moderation team and a bit more responsibility given to them may help.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"We have reported profiles before for people openly promoting clubs etc on there profiles which is something that is not allowed, a whole week later the reported profile is still there with no alterations being made."

We're clarifying the rules on this shortly but at the moment we're tolerating it. Which is why it hasn't resulted in any action taken.

Admin x

Thanks for the update admin.

But if this is the case why have I seen chatroom mods ban people for mentioning clubs????

My personal view is that clubs have the reviews section and also the events section, People do not need it ramming down ther enecks on profiles and in the chatroom all the time.

Many clubs websites now have there own forums and some even sponsor new and upcoming sites!!! So much exposure could have a negative effect on the site which I must say we feel has improved greatly since you took over so a thumbs up on that front.

» Add a new message to this topic