FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Omitting blocked profiles from search results

Omitting blocked profiles from search results

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was wondering if it was possible from a programming view if this was possible?

For example if i block someone for various reasons, im not going to want to click on their profile and view it, even if i did i'd get the 'This profile is unable to view' message

This is problematic if someone changes their profile pic and/or username or i just forget! (I can't remember them all off hand!)

This is A) a waste of time for the user

and B) creates alot more unnecessary data traffic on the site slowing down for other users.

Just wondering if it can be done as it would be beneficial for everyone

Richy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We plan to do this, this year.

Admin x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fantastic, thanks for the swift answer

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any particular New Year? I only ask as you said we would have message filters in the summer but never said which summer

dam, was just about to post this idea.

thought I had a really good idea, for a moment.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Any particular New Year? I only ask as you said we would have message filters in the summer but never said which summer "

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

"Any particular New Year? I only ask as you said we would have message filters in the summer but never said which summer

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters"

Its okay Rugby I know they are sorted, its just on a Forum post, someone asked if it was possible to have a filter to block certain age groups and Admin said they were looking at this for the summer. Come early September, we still didn't have them so I commented something on the lines of "well you didn't say which summer did you?" hence my comment above ie Any particular New Year?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ah I see.

Hmmm maybe it was an Indian summer that year

"Any particular New Year? I only ask as you said we would have message filters in the summer but never said which summer

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

Its okay Rugby I know they are sorted, its just on a Forum post, someone asked if it was possible to have a filter to block certain age groups and Admin said they were looking at this for the summer. Come early September, we still didn't have them so I commented something on the lines of "well you didn't say which summer did you?" hence my comment above ie Any particular New Year? "

They said this year (2012) seeing there post was made in 2012.

So sometime by 1st Jan 2013 it will be implemented

By *nteressanteMan  over a year ago

Manchester

just wondered if we were anywhere nearer to this, find it ridiculous really that you can't have a system that removes blocked profiles from your search

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"just wondered if we were anywhere nearer to this, find it ridiculous really that you can't have a system that removes blocked profiles from your search"

Use the advanced search and they don't show.

Why would it solve the internet traffic?..its a blocked profile ffs..u click it uve wasted a 1sec of ur life..

now if Fab has to sorted out our searches for us, individually by omitting blocked users..is that helping the website system?And theres probably thousands upon thousands blocked..

Must admit it would be a benefit...if I search for single guys there are pages and pages, regardless of what filters I set, so it can be annoying when I click on a few profiles and a fair few are blocked or have blocked me. End up losing interest in looking!

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Must admit it would be a benefit...if I search for single guys there are pages and pages, regardless of what filters I set, so it can be annoying when I click on a few profiles and a fair few are blocked or have blocked me. End up losing interest in looking!"

Use advanced search:

http://www.fabswingers.com/browse/advanced_geo

Admin x

» Add a new message to this topic