FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Abusive members

Abusive members

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Recently a friend of mine on here was banned because she retaliated after being verbally abused by a member. Why does not Admin ban and remove them? Why ban the person who complains??? My friend is now no longer paying the site for membership after 5 years.

I saw a great pic posted of the abuse someone received. They posted it in the pics and the person left... seems more effective. Can we at least agree that members should be allowed to do this and send it to Admin. If no action is taken then the member should have the right to post the pic.

Whilst we should not name and shame we should at least have an action plan within the site for members to complain to, and they will communicate with the complainant as to what action is being taken. Admin and the complainant should then come to a reasonable agreement then as what action to be taken.

If we adopt this positive action then it will reassure the genuine members and get rid of the abusive members.

If people can recommend this post and support it we may be able to improve the reputation of the site too. Alternatively we could all refuse to pay for the site until action is taken by Admin. I would prefer action to be taken otherwise the reputation of the site could be severely affected.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sadly they’ll always be trolls that take pleasure in being a keyboard warrior.

You just gotta take it with a pinch of salt and move on. I get horrible nasty nasty messages on a daily basis

For me any abusive behaviour should be reported .... obviously admin aren't online and available every second of every day, so we do have to accept that they get to issues when they can. If a user retaliates then generally the are as guilty of breaking the rules as the person that created the issue.

My head works on the basis that 2 wrongs don't make a right ......

Whilst you are right K, it is frustrating when there are profiles on here who’s main purpose is to troll. I’ve had trolling messages relating to forum threads twice from a female account. I’m pretty sure I don’t know her, so suspect she does this to others, and possibly has a forum ban, but reporting seems to have had no effect. There should be some recourse for people who send unsolicited nasty messages even if Fab admin are reluctant to ban them from the site.

I've seen actions taken when I've raised issues .... I believe a large amount of the mods / admin are volunteers and I know they react to the facts that they see I heard they get lots of reports every day, and it's not reasonable to reply to them individually.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Admin always take action on any report.

It is against forum rules to post private messages and against photo rules to post photos without the profile holder in them.

Breaking site rules because someone else has is not the way forward.

Always report abuse.

My next post will detail how admin deal with reports.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I will close this now as reporting is the way to deal with these issues