FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Locked Out Profiles !!!

Locked Out Profiles !!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hope everyone had a good Xmas.

This is a big long winded but bear with it

Recently got chatting to a friend a few weeks ago and she said she had locked herself out of fab (forgotten password and her email to update it) but she was worried because she says she stupidly left her face pics on public display which she didn't want to do. Eventually last week she got access and took the pics off. She was so relived but didn't stop me from giving her a good slagging.

Anyways with this in mind, the other day I started to unfab pics. Over the years I had about 7 pages of about 30 pics a page and now only keep the ones that I think a great pics, so down to 7 or 8 fabbed pics. The thing is, when I was going through unfabbing these pics I noticed that there was a lot of profiles that haven't been assessed by the fabber in over a year, (about 60 and a lot with public pics). One of those profiles, I know the person and contacted her and she told me she hasn't been back on fab as she lost the password and forgot her pics were on show. So right now she is in the process of trying to get access on the account.

This is something that most on here wont bother about but it could easily happen to anyone of us.

So after all the above, longwinded I know, what I was thinking, if a profile hasn't been accessed after 6 months would it be best for fabswingers to automate all pics to go back into the private section of that account, saving any embarrassment if there is to that person who has forgotten about account or cant get access etc....

Anyways folks Merry Xmas and hope you all have a Fantastic New Year

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

P.S.

I'm not saying all those profiles that haven't been accessed are locked out, some maybe just not going back to the profile and quite happy for the profile to stay that way but I'm sure there will be some who cant get access or forgotten password etc... so on the off-chance would it be best to autohide those pictures

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are also people that have passed away and their profiles remain

So I agree that if no access after a certain period, the pics and profile should be automatically removed

"There are also people that have passed away and their profiles remain

So I agree that if no access after a certain period, the pics and profile should be automatically removed"

So true.

I informed fab a few weeks ago of a female who passed away 2 years ago but profile is still active but they sent me a message asking me to show proof like an obituary etc... I have no chance of doing this nor does anyone else

But I told them the profile will never be active and hasn't been accessed in 2 years

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

So I agree that if no access after a certain period, the pics and profile should be automatically removed

So true.

I informed fab a few weeks ago of a female who passed away 2 years ago but profile is still active but they sent me a message asking me to show proof like an obituary etc... I have no chance of doing this nor does anyone else

But I told them the profile will never be active and hasn't been accessed in 2 years"

I'd have thought Admin would have emailed the account in question - no response after a month, move the pics to private

If the account holder does ever log back in, they could choose to display photos again or not themselves.

Simple really

So true.

But I told them the profile will never be active and hasn't been accessed in 2 years

I'd have thought Admin would have emailed the account in question - no response after a month, move the pics to private

If the account holder does ever log back in, they could choose to display photos again or not themselves.

Simple really

"

Yeah it is simple but I know fab do that as there are many profiles that have not been accessed for over a year. Although one month is not long enough as many do disappear quite a lot at a few months at a time.

Coding wise, the way the site is designed I think its a simple coding that will auto cover each profile.

I've been on 11 years and to be honest never thought of this problem until I was chatting to my friend by whatsapp whom I know from fab and thinking of being cut out of your profile then later seeing all the profiles not been accessed

So true.

Simple really

Yeah it is simple but I know fab do that as there are many profiles that have not been accessed for over a year. Although one month is not long enough as many do disappear quite a lot at a few months at a time.

Coding wise, the way the site is designed I think its a simple coding that will auto cover each profile.

I've been on 11 years and to be honest never thought of this problem until I was chatting to my friend by whatsapp whom I know from fab and thinking of being cut out of your profile then later seeing all the profiles not been accessed "

Yeah it is simple but I know fab do NOT do that as there are many profiles that have not been accessed for over a year.

###, sorry forgot the 'NOT'

By *endrix30Man  over a year ago

dudley

I agree that if a profile is not accessed for a year then photo's should be set to private and then if the account is not accessed for 2 years the account should be closed. There are many accounts on here which have not been accessed for over a year and some for more than 2 years so the person has probably lost interest in fab and no longer wants their profile but has forgot to erase it or simply could not be bothered to erase it. There is also the possibility that something has happened to them unfortunately. There are profiles on my hotlist which have not been accessed for a long time, once it gets to a year i erase them and think fab should do likewise after a certain time.

Sometimes people just don't login for ages but want their profile running as they left it. We have sent a wink to someone then realised he's not been on the site for 9 months. Got a message back from him a week later.

Although do agree about profile being hidden or removed after certain time of staying inactive for all the reasons mentioned by others.

Mrs

Loads take a break for work and family reasons and so fab cant be in their lives at that time. I know loads who haven't been on for ages but are coming back. Ppl like that, they been on site for years and have verifications and not having to start from blank profile.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

So true.

But I told them the profile will never be active and hasn't been accessed in 2 years"

They can't just remove profiles because someone said they had died. Normally if someone knows someone has died is because they know how and have access to their personal life.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS if anyone is ever locked out of their profile , if they start a new profile then ask Admin for help from the CONTACT button at the bottom of the page and they will help them get back into it

So true.

They can't just remove profiles because someone said they had died. Normally if someone knows someone has died is because they know how and have access to their personal life."

Remember this is not a whinge, I have supplied an idea as I've came across different situations of this

Two things

Totally agree fab won't delete a profile on the say so and maybe need proof BUT

I didn't have access to her personal life.

The example I've given was of a single mother who kept swinging quiet n discreetly and did not let her family know for personal reasons. Her actual name is different to that on her profile or to the one she gave when she chatted to people so she wanted to be discreet. When she died she left a 12 year old daughter and on the mothers profile is a picture of her sucking my cock. Now the profile hasn't been accessed obviously in a few years so can you imagine her daughter eventually somehow finding fabswingers with friends and join to 'look at nudey pics' and then recognising her mother, well it's something that could have been avoided if at least all pictures were put back to private after a certain time.

I've read all posts on this thread and people saying 'yeah some come back after a year', 'some say they will be back' etc.... but they are not sparing consideration of people with problems that can't get back in, lost passwords, find swinging too embarrassing and don't want to come back but can't gain access. People also don't come back due to their job as being a swinger can have a backlash at their job. Etc...

All I'm saying is I think it best that all pics after a certain time, say 4 month, if a profile is not access should be moved to their private section, nothing wrong with that and it can be coded quite easily to sort out and then if the person does log back eventually they can change their pics to whatever section they want again, easy.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Certainly profiles could switch to only accessible to users and not the public, potentially later on to friends only, before becoming private, could be a good idea

"Certainly profiles could switch to only accessible to users and not the public, potentially later on to friends only, before becoming private, could be a good idea "

I don't think it's harming anyone if this is done. There are many reasons why fab has not been accessed. Quite a lot will go back to fab but there are many who can't get access or can't log in due to other personal reasons, someone's passed away, etc....

I think the death situation is a good enough reason alone but there are many others.

If the pics are removed back to private after a certain time then this will save face for a lot or people, some unsuspecting about it

Forum Mod

O o O oo

So true.

They can't just remove profiles because someone said they had died. Normally if someone knows someone has died is because they know how and have access to their personal life.

Remember this is not a whinge, I have supplied an idea as I've came across different situations of this

Two things

The example I've given was of a single mother who kept swinging quiet n discreetly and did not let her family know for personal reasons. Her actual name is different to that on her profile or to the one she gave when she chatted to people so she wanted to be discreet. When she died she left a 12 year old daughter and on the mothers profile is a picture of her sucking my cock. Now the profile hasn't been accessed obviously in a few years so can you imagine her daughter eventually somehow finding fabswingers with friends and join to 'look at nudey pics' and then recognising her mother, well it's something that could have been avoided if at least all pictures were put back to private after a certain time.

"

I didn't say it was a whinge. I answered that Admin can't take peoples profiles off unless they have proof that a person has sadly died. I would imagine most people would know that a person has died as they have personal information about that person that they can provide, how else would anyone know they have died especially if they are a friend? Admin have to be careful with things like this incase it is a malicious report.

Having said that, Admin have been known to remove any face pics until the proof has been sent , to be on the safe side, so if you contact them again through the contact button they may do this

By *969BewitchedWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I think auto move pics to private after a certain period of time is a great idea

So true.

Two things

I didn't say it was a whinge. I answered that Admin can't take peoples profiles off unless they have proof that a person has sadly died. I would imagine most people would know that a person has died as they have personal information about that person that they can provide, how else would anyone know they have died especially if they are a friend? Admin have to be careful with things like this incase it is a malicious report.

Having said that, Admin have been known to remove any face pics until the proof has been sent , to be on the safe side, so if you contact them again through the contact button they may do this

"

Agreeing with you, especially at malicious report.

I never said you thought I was whinging. It was just a general observation from myself on what I was saying and didn't want anyone to think it was a whinge or rant etc.... I have nothing to gain from this personally, I just seen things like this happen, forgotten passwords, no acces to account, deaths etc...and genuinely think profile pics should be moved to private after a certain amount of time. The coding should be easy to arranged as the site designed allowed simple changes.

I understand fab cannot just move pics or delete a profile if I said a person has passed away but the pics should be moved to private and then if proof is given then even better. I informed fabswingers two years ago at her death, they asked me on email to provide proof of which I could not and yes I was at the funeral. Then two weeks ago, (two years after her death), I asked again about the profile but I received a similar email asking the same and guess what the females face was online in public for two years after her death, so other people might come across her profile and it could lead to an awkward situation for someone, even her daughter

Anyways I've given an idea and reasons fir it pros and cons but think the pros outweigh the cons considerably

Regards

That's a lot of interest in dead people

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Perhaps the whole profile could be switched to private (stealth mode) after six months of zero log-ins.

Easy enough to undo, if and when they return.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I understand fab cannot just move pics or delete a profile if I said a person has passed away but the pics should be moved to private and then if proof is given then even better. I informed fabswingers two years ago at her death, they asked me on email to provide proof of which I could not and yes I was at the funeral.

"

Then I am guessing you would know her personal details so could provide proof. I am not answering about your suggestion of pics being hidden even if those people were happy to show them by the way , I am just answering what the process is for people who can't get into their profile or people who have died

"

I understand fab cannot just move pics or delete a profile if I said a person has passed away but the pics should be moved to private and then if proof is given then even better. I informed fabswingers two years ago at her death, they asked me on email to provide proof of which I could not and yes I was at the funeral.

Then I am guessing you would know her personal details so could provide proof. I am not answering about your suggestion of pics being hidden even if those people were happy to show them by the way , I am just answering what the process is for people who can't get into their profile or people who have died "

Agreed and I get the process

But below is an example why process does not work and I've asked twice.

The name is different to her profile name so I could not provide the proof to prove it was her. All I could supply was details of someone's death but no one could tie it to the female unless they have met her and recognise her face pics n her profile.

Death is only one reason and anyways I get why proof for deaths and proof for lost passwords, proof to get back into accounts and all other reasons etc....

I just think there are genuine problems that if the pic function activated after 6 months or a time set by fabswingers then there is no harm done and if someone got back into their profile after say a year they could reset the pics back to public if they do wanted within seconds

I get all the pros and cons but think it would work easily.

"Perhaps the whole profile could be switched to private (stealth mode) after six months of zero log-ins.

Easy enough to undo, if and when they return. "

Yeah I get that and would cover all bases but reading someone's profile does not give away who they are too much etc... well I hope not or a, fecked loll

I'm probably more thinking just face pics hidden than the whole profile as they can lead to embarrassing situations.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

The name is different to her profile name so I could not provide the proof to prove it was her. All I could supply was details of someone's death but no one could tie it to the female unless they have met her and recognise her face pics n her profile.

."

Most people don't have a real name as a profile name. Once proof is sent to Admin and they do some checks they can deal with it.

I am not sure how many times I can explain but if you are not willing to provide the proof then Admin won't be able to do much

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"That's a lot of interest in dead people

"

It would help if you just ignore each others posts please

"

Most people don't have a real name as a profile name. Once proof is sent to Admin and they do some checks they can deal with it.

I am not sure how many times I can explain but if you are not willing to provide the proof then Admin won't be able to do much

"

Please I didn't say I'm not willing I just do not have the details so no proof can be given so her profile and face picture will remain in public

It's fine I feel this post is focussing too much on profiles or one specific profile of someone who have passed away when that's only one of the reasons why I think pictures should be back to private after a certain time of no access.

Everyone now knows what to do if they comes across a profile of someone who has passed away, which is good.

I've given an idea and the reasons behind it, given examples of profiles still active with public face on show and also pros and cons

If fabswingers think it's a great idea then they can do something about it which it easy to implement if the site had a good database design if fabswingers don't think it's a good idea then they won't..

As a designer myself I've had many folk come in with ideas to improve some of my sites which I always welcome, not always actioned but some I do when it improves the site and even offers a trusting feel good factor to my clients and their users

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

It's fine I feel this post is focussing too much on profiles or one specific profile of someone who have passed away when that's only one of the reasons why I think pictures should be back to private after a certain time of no access.

Everyone now knows what to do if they comes across a profile of someone who has passed away, which is good.

users

"

Because you keep bringing the deceased person up.

As explained many times, I am giving advice about what to with the two issues you raised in your OP and not your suggestion.

Your suggestion is being overlooked at the moment so maybe it is best just to talk about that instead

» Add a new message to this topic