FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Verifications

Verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can we have it so we get to choose whether we accept a verification or not?

I’ve received ‘fake’ verifications before, from men trying to get my attention. Just received one and the guy hadnt even messaged before (my filters are off) but still verified me.

Obviously reported it and his verification is now gone, but it still changes your numbers.

Yes, I can hide them, but that’s not the point.

Anyone can verify anyone and it’s ridiculous.

Can’t we just accept or decline them? And if we decline, give a reason as to why? For example ‘I’ve never met them and this is a fake verification’ ??

There’s my good idea for the year

(If this post has been done before then apologies. I’m moody).

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Agreed. It seems like such a strange thing that it's not an option. I'm sure it happens by accident too when people have similar usernames and have met in clubs or at socials.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, that'd be good. It's not an issue I've had yet, but I know it's a problem.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Can we have it so we get to choose whether we accept a verification or not?

I’ve received ‘fake’ verifications before, from men trying to get my attention. Just received one and the guy hadnt even messaged before (my filters are off) but still verified me. Wow your tits

Obviously reported it and his verification is now gone, but it still changes your numbers.

Can’t we just accept or decline them? And if we decline, give a reason as to why? For example ‘I’ve never met them and this is a fake verification’ ??

(If this post has been done before then apologies. I’m moody). "

Totally agree

Excellent idea! We get people verify us saying they’ve been to one of our parties in the hope we won’t realise and will verify them back. One guy even kicked off at me as he swore blind he’d chatted to us at the bar.... idiot had little idea our capacity is 20 so I know the name and face of everyone there! He did the same to other couples tho and some fell for it and verified him back it’s a strange system as it stands and open for so much abuse!!

That would be great for the Fab straight guys

If admin delete the verification they should also change the summery

"Excellent idea! We get people verify us saying they’ve been to one of our parties in the hope we won’t realise and will verify them back. One guy even kicked off at me as he swore blind he’d chatted to us at the bar.... idiot had little idea our capacity is 20 so I know the name and face of everyone there! He did the same to other couples tho and some fell for it and verified him back it’s a strange system as it stands and open for so much abuse!!"

God what a nightmare!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If admin delete the verification they should also change the summery"

It does I think

I had the same recently I was veried by cam by a guy who kept messaging me .. I didn’t engage in any chat with him I deleted his messages then a new veri popped up from him I was furious ! I reported to admin and the veri disappeared but yes the numbers still stayed changed which really annoyed me . Be great to have it removed or not accept a veri if it’s fake ! X

"Can we have it so we get to choose whether we accept a verification or not?

I’ve received ‘fake’ verifications before, from men trying to get my attention. Just received one and the guy hadnt even messaged before (my filters are off) but still verified me.

(If this post has been done before then apologies. I’m moody). "

Good idea

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Bloody brilliant idea. "Do you accept this verification as true y/n?"

A lady friend of mine has re verified a guy she had a meet with a number of times.

Three times he deleted his profile and asked her to re varify him, which she did.

Should she be doing this?

"A lady friend of mine has re verified a guy she had a meet with a number of times.

Three times he deleted his profile and asked her to re varify him, which she did.

"

Sure why not?

"A lady friend of mine has re verified a guy she had a meet with a number of times.

Sure why not?"

You’ve got to ask the questions, why would someone delete their profile and immediately start a new one three times?

I met a couple but the verification was written by the lady but from her husband's profile . I'm straight but it now looks like I meet men so I've had to hide it as some people want totally straight. It's bad enough on her for guys as it is without added hassle lol.

Sure why not?

You’ve got to ask the questions, why would someone delete their profile and immediately start a new one three times? "

Boredom? I dunno

Sure why not?

You’ve got to ask the questions, why would someone delete their profile and immediately start a new one three times?

Boredom? I dunno "

You’re very trusting you majesty. X

Actually you can't verify anyone. I had a meeting the other day with a couple, we got on and wanted to verify each other, but because we have no other verifications so far, we can't do it, even though we are both happy to, which is frustrating.

"Actually you can't verify anyone. I had a meeting the other day with a couple, we got on and wanted to verify each other, but because we have no other verifications so far, we can't do it, even though we are both happy to, which is frustrating."

You can verify someone if you are verified.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Actually you can't verify anyone. I had a meeting the other day with a couple, we got on and wanted to verify each other, but because we have no other verifications so far, we can't do it, even though we are both happy to, which is frustrating."

One of you needs to get cam verified then you can.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I've received one before, as case of mistaken identity - since met the lovely lady at a social & we've had a good chuckle about it

I've had one left me, from a complete stranger I've never met.

Yes reported & removed.

I've also had several, from socials, which on reading, do not sound like just a social & I refused to display them.

But obviously these all still show on my summary.

Having the option to accept veris would be great.

It's a good thing I can't verify or recieve them ... I dont support or pay for this site because it's just a waste of money and I'm not bothered about verifications.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's a good thing I can't verify or recieve them ... I dont support or pay for this site because it's just a waste of money and I'm not bothered about verifications.

"

You can receive verifications...

"It's a good thing I can't verify or recieve them ... I dont support or pay for this site because it's just a waste of money and I'm not bothered about verifications.

"

.....you don’t need to pay for this site to send or receive verifications. Think you’re missing the point of my post

Manchester (she/her)

You can receive verifications... "

In fact, I just hit the button. I could verify you if I wanted to (but as we've not met or spoken on live video, I won't).

By *zzy69Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

Sure why not?

You’ve got to ask the questions, why would someone delete their profile and immediately start a new one three times? "

- married - obviously

"I met a couple but the verification was written by the lady but from her husband's profile . I'm straight but it now looks like I meet men so I've had to hide it as some people want totally straight. It's bad enough on her for guys as it is without added hassle lol. "

I'd prefer to see it displayed (if it's clear it's a woman on a man's/couples profile). Reading male to male veris helps identify 'fab straight' people, I personally would avoid. And a genuine male to male, for social or clubs, tends to indicate a good guy if another guy has bothered to verify. Ask her to withdraw it and re-write or post from another profile?

Scoob

By *kblokenorthMan  over a year ago

Any

"I met a couple but the verification was written by the lady but from her husband's profile . I'm straight but it now looks like I meet men so I've had to hide it as some people want totally straight. It's bad enough on her for guys as it is without added hassle lol. "

Same here.

Also, verified by a couple who later split and they (he) changed it to a male profile, making my stats look skewed.

By *kblokenorthMan  over a year ago

Any

"I met a couple but the verification was written by the lady but from her husband's profile . I'm straight but it now looks like I meet men so I've had to hide it as some people want totally straight. It's bad enough on her for guys as it is without added hassle lol.

I'd prefer to see it displayed (if it's clear it's a woman on a man's/couples profile). Reading male to male veris helps identify 'fab straight' people, I personally would avoid. And a genuine male to male, for social or clubs, tends to indicate a good guy if another guy has bothered to verify. Ask her to withdraw it and re-write or post from another profile?

Scoob"

Unfortunately for us guys, many couples on here are like ships in the night.

When they leave, the veri text disappears, but that stats don’t

You can receive verifications... "

Anyone can receive a verification .. I don't understand what he's saying ?

Manchester (she/her)

You can receive verifications...

Anyone can receive a verification .. I don't understand what he's saying ? "

No idea. But I actually went to his profile, wrote a veri, then backed out again because I don't want a ban. The function works.

By *harliebluestockingsCouple  over a year ago

london

Have to agree with this. It’s our profile and we should be able to control the veris. All the reasons above sum it up well. We have one that as the other is a complete random saying we met at an event they can see we attended. Etc. Good point. Hope they listen.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I think this would be a great idea as I've had veris from people I haven't met as well. They have been reported and removed but if we had this option it could save admin time if they don't have to deal with fake veris.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

I second this!! I've received veris both by mistake, and from complete chancers who know I run events and hope I won't remember who was at them and will verify them back. Then, as some have already mentioned, there are the serial Unlosers, who I used to be happy to reverify on their return, but despite being asked not to, will reverify back... Meaning your summary stats includes 5, 6, 7 veris from the same man/couple/woman that you might have only met once, but have verified you from a series of new profiles.

Oh... And I think if you have to block someone, their veri (and the veri you gave them) should be removed from summary stats also. On rare occasion, I've had to block someone I'd previously met and verified because their behaviour later became obsessive/possessive, and I regretted having ever met them. I know blocking removes the veri itself, but summary stats remain, and people will just assume that because someone's been verified at some point, that they're a genuine, decent person... Not the sociopath they turned out to be

If you just chat to someone on here I don’t think it should be a verification unless you met them personally, all mine I have met them privately and the odd few at clubs

Manchester (she/her)

"If you just chat to someone on here I don’t think it should be a verification unless you met them personally, all mine I have met them privately and the odd few at clubs "

Why? A cam verification also verifies identity.

"If you just chat to someone on here I don’t think it should be a verification unless you met them personally, all mine I have met them privately and the odd few at clubs

Why? A cam verification also verifies identity. "

Technically thats not always true.. a guy could ask a female to chat on cam for him or pretend to be his other half and she could be daft enough to do so there instantly verified as a couple or female

Manchester (she/her)

"If you just chat to someone on here I don’t think it should be a verification unless you met them personally, all mine I have met them privately and the odd few at clubs

Technically thats not always true.. a guy could ask a female to chat on cam for him or pretend to be his other half and she could be daft enough to do so there instantly verified as a couple or female"

But same goes for any form of verification. There are ways to fake all of them. (well, you're not likely to fake sex, but there are those who'll just lie)

Nothing is foolproof.

Technically thats not always true.. a guy could ask a female to chat on cam for him or pretend to be his other half and she could be daft enough to do so there instantly verified as a couple or female

But same goes for any form of verification. There are ways to fake all of them. (well, you're not likely to fake sex, but there are those who'll just lie)

Nothing is foolproof. "

It's not an issue I have had yet .. However I do like the idea of it been approved before it's shown on your profile.. Great idea

By *sontopMan  over a year ago

Billericay

I think it would be great if we could remove verifications especially as some people change and you might not want to be associated with them any more.

By *eorge n DragonCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

Can block them and you will not show in their summary

"Can block them and you will not show in their summary"

The number still shows in the summary its just the verification wording is gone

[Removed by poster at 25/02/19 23:33:26]

Just to throw something out there ... splitting the verification to a choice of social or play verification then they can not be misconstrued if they are just social meets etc

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Good idea, I've had some tactical verification I'd rather refuse.

I have contacted admin many months ago asking them to delete a cam veri I received from someone who I was messaging with. They banned him from messaging for something he said (not rude or abusive to me) so he contacted me by giving me a cam veri explaining the situation. I wanted it removed as it's a false veri - I never spoke to him on cam - but no need to block him. I know I can hide it but it still shows in my summary.

Together with about 3-4 meet veris from someone I always had to block after he verified me each time he created a new profile. Veris are gone as he disappears not long after he comes back, but my meet summary reflects this fact. I only met him 2x in the past and don't wish to make that mistake again.

It would be great if unwanted/incorrect meet summary could be deleted or amended.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Just to throw something out there ... splitting the verification to a choice of social or play verification then they can not be misconstrued if they are just social meets etc "

Also a great idea x

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

I feel there are lots of fake verifications here as before I was verified I had men messaging me saying that they would verify me and this was before we'd even had a conversation. So now I'm suspicious of certain peoples verifications.

I think the Verification Summary is fairly pointless, misleading and the fact that some hide the Summary and some do not can be interpreted wrongly.. Better to just have the verifications themselves and if you don't like one just don't show it.

"I met a couple but the verification was written by the lady but from her husband's profile . I'm straight but it now looks like I meet men so I've had to hide it as some people want totally straight. It's bad enough on her for guys as it is without added hassle lol.

Scoob"

thanks for the advice.

» Add a new message to this topic