FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Profile categories - TV/TS/CD

Profile categories - TV/TS/CD

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Been fliwing a post in lounge and finally gave my penarth worth

( https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/838340#last )

Got me thinking about profile categories - Personally speaking I am female. Fact that my gonads are external is coincidental. My gonads do not define me.

I believe I should sign up ss female but I have utmost respect for others that I can see how my saying I am female on FAB would ruffle a few feathers - at least until after surgery.

So rightly or wrongly I went with the TV/TS/CD label.But I am not a crossdresser nor am I a transvestite. I am a female who is transitioning.

I personally would welcome thd ability to say female - transgender.

What are peoples thoughts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rkeb3Man  over a year ago

east Lancashire road

Well u saying u not tv/ts/CD n u are not fully transitioned what are u ? Can we call u cw lol

By *unlovers70Couple  over a year ago

Overseas

I think if you sign up as a woman as long as your profile makes it clear you are in fact transgender upfront then you are not deceiving anyone, especially once you are post op. Even pre op if you state you are transitioning I don’t see a problem.

However looking at your profile as it is now and looking at your sexual orientation are you defining yourself as gay as a woman or man? As you are looking for MF or FF couples this throws confusion as usually gay are looking for their own gender. So if looking for both wouldn’t it be best to put bi?

I think as long as people can see up front who you are and exactly what you’re looking for then surely there shouldn’t be any issues.

PS Hope all goes well with your lady garden

Mrs Blue

"However looking at your profile as it is now and looking at your sexual orientation are you defining yourself as gay as a woman or man? As you are looking for MF or FF couples this throws confusion as usually gay are looking for their own gender. So if looking for both wouldn’t it be best to put bi? "

I think that is part of the issue with the labelling.

I am a woman who is sexually attracted to other woman - so gay female is "my label".

But yes since I am looking for MF couples also then bi is more accurate.

Thank you

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do think the category is out of date with modern Times. Tv/cd are very similar. TS is out of touch and should be separated as a new category of transgender at least.

We could have a mass of categories but at least you would define the "those who dress for fun" from "those who are sexually changing".

I think this little change would go a long way to reducing confusion and missguidance.

The I know that a certain fet site has a simple demonintation of mtoF or ftoM.

Not rocket science and pretty sure implementation be fairly seemless.

By *eedawanjandsuckMan  over a year ago

Westcliff

You could put T/G.

Which I imagine it means transgender.

Even though I have never seen not heard of T/G. On a profile.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I want to start dressing. Is there a way i can change the gender on my profile once I've started?

Maybe I'm being dumb here but aren't Trans-sexual (TS) and Trans-Gender essentially the same thing?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Maybe I'm being dumb here but aren't Trans-sexual (TS) and Trans-Gender essentially the same thing?"

Yes

"I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I want to start dressing. Is there a way i can change the gender on my profile once I've started?"

Message admin they will change your category for you.

"Maybe I'm being dumb here but aren't Trans-sexual (TS) and Trans-Gender essentially the same thing?

Yes"

Technically Yes. However the terminology is out dated and TS or Transgender certainly should not be lumped with CD/TV.

They are completely different beings and I think that is were most of the confusion stems from.

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Different categories have been asked for thousands of times and always seems to fall in deaf ears

I totally agree that with the whole TG/TS/TV/CD issue. They should be separate and should never have been grouped together in the first place. TG MtF and TG FtM should also be part of the whole categorisation classes. Not just TG on its own.

I'm a programmer for a living, and there is one big problem I can see with this. Technically, separating these categories out should be quite easy. After all, it's a drop down list with options. You can take out options and add in new options, right? No problem.

BUT. This is the issue I see. If the categories were to change, what would happen to All of the people currently using FAB listed as TS/TV/CD? If what they class themselves as currently disappeared or changed to something they were not happy with (which would be the case for many) they would have to have some way of changing their gender, which, as far as I know, can only be done by site admins. So, let's say that currently there are at least 5000 TS/TV/CD folk on here. Half of them, 2500, lose their current category and want to choose a new one. That leads to either:

a) Those 2500 people messaging the admins to change their gender to a new category, one that they are happy with OR

b) A new method of changing your gender has to be created, which might be a little tricky. The initial method of choosing your gender could be re-used, but that would require time and money (which the owners may or may not have, who knows).

TL/DR: Basically, there would be a whole LOAD of admin involved with implementing such a change to the site. In terms of adding a few more gender categories to the list, not a problem. In terms of updating everyone's genders, admin nightmare!

Of course, this is just the problem I see. Perhaps it's something else. But every problem like this can be solved. Surely if the problem was money/time there are many FAB members who would do the work for free. Or maybe a permanent Gold Membership

"I totally agree that with the whole TG/TS/TV/CD issue. They should be separate and should never have been grouped together in the first place. TG MtF and TG FtM should also be part of the whole categorisation classes. Not just TG on its own.

I'm a programmer for a living, and there is one big problem I can see with this. Technically, separating these categories out should be quite easy. After all, it's a drop down list with options. You can take out options and add in new options, right? No problem.

BUT. This is the issue I see. If the categories were to change, what would happen to All of the people currently using FAB listed as TS/TV/CD? If what they class themselves as currently disappeared or changed to something they were not happy with (which would be the case for many) they would have to have some way of changing their gender, which, as far as I know, can only be done by site admins. So, let's say that currently there are at least 5000 TS/TV/CD folk on here. Half of them, 2500, lose their current category and want to choose a new one. That leads to either:

a) Those 2500 people messaging the admins to change their gender to a new category, one that they are happy with OR

b) A new method of changing your gender has to be created, which might be a little tricky. The initial method of choosing your gender could be re-used, but that would require time and money (which the owners may or may not have, who knows).

TL/DR: Basically, there would be a whole LOAD of admin involved with implementing such a change to the site. In terms of adding a few more gender categories to the list, not a problem. In terms of updating everyone's genders, admin nightmare!

Of course, this is just the problem I see. Perhaps it's something else. But every problem like this can be solved. Surely if the problem was money/time there are many FAB members who would do the work for free. Or maybe a permanent Gold Membership"

A very good point raised regarding the admin which is more than likely the reason why the catergory has never been changed.

I would presume that the site supporter fee is not just purely for bandwith cost.

I maybe wrong but we are not part of a non profit organisation.

As a site grows and develops it adapts to changes.

Picture categories were added. New mobile chat added.

The tv/ts catergory could in theory be handled reasonable smoothly if managed correctly.

Inform all of the change. Global email to all in tv/ts catergories.

Change catergories;

Change current cat to new a name tv/cd.

Add two new catergories to drop down. As suggested TG MtoF / TG FtoM.

Those who choose to change inform admin. I don't believe it would be to much of a headache as we think it would be.

But unless a site mod or admin comments on this thread we will never know truely if it is possible.

Yep, I've not seen an admin comment on this topic so far, and I've been on and off this site for a while.

Would be nice to get feedback. Maybe the lack of a reply means they're working on something already?

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

There really is no need to split what is a minority group any further. Its worked fine all these years so why change it now. You can't please everyone it's a fact of life

Well I messaged admin asking to change my profile to female because that is who i am. And they did that.

Now in every day life gender is protected by law - when dealing with banks or NHS or whatever no-one should be made to out themselves. Just like sexuality and religion/faith are protected.

But since this is a swinging site where genitalia is - lets face it - important, I totally get the need to be open hence my profile wording makes it clear.

I mean it would be wrong on so many levels for me (female) to arrange a meet and then - woah what the hell.

On the transexual (TS) point its generally seen as outdated - gender is the person/the spirit/the very essence whereas sexual is concerned with boobs dicks n fannies.

But gstting back to programmers points i agree that with any tables based system it has no be managed properly. A change here can screw a relationship elsewhere.

Its easy to add table entries and amend but deleting is never a good idea.

So i suggest add TG categories M2F

and F2M and and TV/CD category and change existing

TV/TS/CD category to say "obsolete"

Fire out One group message to site users flagging the additions and leave it to site user to change a d give a grace period of say 6 months or year for users to change to the new categories.

By *prilprincessTV/TS  over a year ago

Swindon

I agree with you I had exact same thoughts Legally Im a woman, obviously I feel like one, I use ladies toilets and dressing rooms I was in hospital two years ago and NHS stuff sent me to female Ward with asking, even though I am pre op and would have understood if they had asked

So for a page like this one, de facto promoting sexual liberation they should introduce some other category

I understand human's need for labelling Only with every message I have to explain peeps who am I

Swindon

"Maybe I'm being dumb here but aren't Trans-sexual (TS) and Trans-Gender essentially the same thing?"

You're not dumb Transgender is an umbrella term for all people having problems with sexual identity, it includes a lot of different types of folks: CD/TV, TS etc

Transexual however is a person born into a certain sex but feels like he/she is the other one i.e. I was born a male, have all physically caracteristics of one, but I feel I am a woman, so I live as one, I like to have sex as one, my social relations are feminine etc

Swindon

"I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I want to start dressing. Is there a way i can change the gender on my profile once I've started?

Message admin they will change your category for you. "

Thanks

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Just a thought not particularly to OP but anyone that feels they would like to state they are infact transgender (to get it out there so it’s obvious) you can update your username (maybe put TG or MtF in it somehow) as I reckon tons of folk don’t read profiles anyhow. x

"Just a thought not particularly to OP but anyone that feels they would like to state they are infact transgender (to get it out there so it’s obvious) you can update your username (maybe put TG or MtF in it somehow) as I reckon tons of folk don’t read profiles anyhow. x"

Too true _oodnitegirl, 90% of people don't read profiles anyway. I think 80% of people just randomly mash keys on their computers and hope that this will somehow get them a meet.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

"Yep, I've not seen an admin comment on this topic so far, and I've been on and off this site for a while.

Would be nice to get feedback. Maybe the lack of a reply means they're working on something already? "

No it means they're ignoring the situation as usual.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think the current system is most appropriate, as gender is such a personal aspect and it's often not the case that the journey we start on, ultimately leads us to the place that we expected to get to. Sometimes we may pause, reconsider, have negative reactions to our experiences and a lot more. Sharing multiple details of such a highly personal journal is difficult and a choice that we can make, or not - expecting that people should do, to the extent that they are pushed to do so, is coercive and intrusive. People can individually share those details that want to, with those others that they decide to do this with. Profile text can also be used in any way, to expland. As a protected characteristic, by law, it is really important that people are not made to fit other peoples' requirements - we're each unique and require services that are sensitive to our needs, that also reflect the legal environment.

PDI Gran Canaria

"I think the current system is most appropriate, as gender is such a personal aspect and it's often not the case that the journey we start on, ultimately leads us to the place that we expected to get to. Sometimes we may pause, reconsider, have negative reactions to our experiences and a lot more. Sharing multiple details of such a highly personal journal is difficult and a choice that we can make, or not - expecting that people should do, to the extent that they are pushed to do so, is coercive and intrusive. People can individually share those details that want to, with those others that they decide to do this with. Profile text can also be used in any way, to expland. As a protected characteristic, by law, it is really important that people are not made to fit other peoples' requirements - we're each unique and require services that are sensitive to our needs, that also reflect the legal environment."

Exactly we're unique that's why we need different categories like other sites, your obviously a cd so probably suits you.

By *ensual69ersCouple  over a year ago

Penzance

We can't even get orally bi added, do you think this is going to happen any time soon?

PDI Gran Canaria

"We can't even get orally bi added, do you think this is going to happen any time soon? "

Err no, your right of course not.

Male, female, other. How's that?

PDI Gran Canaria

"Male, female, other. How's that?"

I can only assume you have been living in a cave or perhaps a hermit maybe.

"Male, female, other. How's that?

I can only assume you have been living in a cave or perhaps a hermit maybe. "

No, i haven't. The reason i say other is this. We do not know enough about the subject, right across the board, to accurately pigeon hole anyone. It could be 'other' and a drop down box or a blank space for the user to fill in their own identifier. How's that?

PDI Gran Canaria

No, i haven't. The reason i say other is this. We do not know enough about the subject, right across the board, to accurately pigeon hole anyone. It could be 'other' and a drop down box or a blank space for the user to fill in their own identifier. How's that?"

Fair comment, now you have explained yourself fully.

No, i haven't. The reason i say other is this. We do not know enough about the subject, right across the board, to accurately pigeon hole anyone. It could be 'other' and a drop down box or a blank space for the user to fill in their own identifier. How's that?

Fair comment, now you have explained yourself fully."

It dosnt matter what you are huni or what you put on your profile people will an should like who you are xx

It’s pretty easy to just code a separate option on the ‘edit profile’ section. Real easy actually.

Don’t see why the runners of the site don’t just do that, as I’m sure this must be the 100th time this thread has come up.

» Add a new message to this topic