FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Marking read messages as unread

Marking read messages as unread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andM3135 OP   Couple  over a year ago

cornwall

Can the site look at removing the function of marking read messages as unread. This feature let's people ghost others and makes it look like they have not read message when in fact they did, and marked it as unread again.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

It can be handy at times though. When you open a message to ready it quickly but haven't got the time to reply properly at that time.You can mark is as unread so it acts as a reminder.

cornwall

I thought that's what the save message function was for. Or one of them.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Ladies use the unread function so they don't get the hassle of being accused of ignoring message from single guys

By *randMrsTeaseCouple  over a year ago

Durham

We mark the message unread untill we know both of us have read it, then we will reply. It's a handy feature but can be frustrating for those that have sent the message.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dont check your sent messages just delete the message after youve sent it then you wont know if its read or not.. if they reply then they read it

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I use this on my couples profile, that way I can read the message, mark as unread until I have spoken to hubby. Stops us getting stroppy messages about ignoring people.

Oh, this explains why all my messages are left unread! Phew, I can sleep easy now

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

"I use this on my couples profile, that way I can read the message, mark as unread until I have spoken to hubby. Stops us getting stroppy messages about ignoring people."

Same here, I'd hate if this feature was removed

By *esires of HertsCouple  over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

a good way to ensure both of us have read it, sometimes at different times

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Generally they're messages I plan to come back to. Stops the "you read my message yes or no" crap.

By *udewhennudeMan  over a year ago

newport

Handy for when you get an abusive message. Read it, mark unread and delete it, keeps them guessing .

Surely it would be better for fab to remove the read/unread flag from sent items?

If you were to send a letter via royal mail, you don't know if it has been read or just thrown on the fire. We don't keep ringing the recipient asking "have you read it yet?"

Don't be a slave to your sent items. If they reply, they read it.

We find it really useful so that we don't have to respond until we've both seen it...

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

It won’t change any outcome however even if they did remove it.

If I couldn’t mark a message unread I’d still just ignore it until It dropped off my inbox if I wasn’t interested in replying.

V x

I sometimes use when i dont have time to reply and want to chat when im free and easier to find in messages

"We mark the message unread untill we know both of us have read it, then we will reply. It's a handy feature but can be frustrating for those that have sent the message."

By *ertnsarahCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

"We mark the message unread untill we know both of us have read it, then we will reply. It's a handy feature but can be frustrating for those that have sent the message.

"

Same here

Removing that feature will just increase the abuse people receive on here. We got abuse just days ago for not replying quick enough. We had not even read the message yet. Great feature and long may it stay

cornwall

OK, well we stand corrected. Didn't realise so many couples use this feature.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"Removing that feature will just increase the abuse people receive on here. We got abuse just days ago for not replying quick enough. We had not even read the message yet. Great feature and long may it stay"

Experienced the same. Read message and was actually interested in the meet, so waited till I'd spoken with Mrs N after work, the torrent of abuse we received in the meantime was totally uncalled for, blocked too. Always mark unread in said situation, no abuse since.

cornwall

[Removed by poster at 24/02/19 07:48:48]

"Removing that feature will just increase the abuse people receive on here. We got abuse just days ago for not replying quick enough. We had not even read the message yet. Great feature and long may it stay

Experienced the same. Read message and was actually interested in the meet, so waited till I'd spoken with Mrs N after work, the torrent of abuse we received in the meantime was totally uncalled for, blocked too. Always mark unread in said situation, no abuse since. "

We had the exact same with a couple who became abusive because we didn't mail back quick enough. Turns out said couple were well known for this. Wished we knew earlier and saved the hassle

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"OK, well we stand corrected. Didn't realise so many couples use this feature. "

Not just couples. I use it as well. Guys get stroppy whether you read their messages or not but if you read it and don’t respond some of them send another message!

By *oupleNeedPlus1Couple  over a year ago

Reading

Use this all the time for messages we both need to read or go back too.

S

Hate this feature with a passion

Its extremely rude, mever know if they have read it and ignored, read it and waiting for partners response or just ignorant.

Would rather they just delete then there's no guessing.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I'm not a couple but I often use it.

Can't believe some people have got such an issue with what's on this thread, they feel the need to pm a barrage of abuse and then block you.. think the OP has hit a nerve with people on this lol

"Removing that feature will just increase the abuse people receive on here. We got abuse just days ago for not replying quick enough. We had not even read the message yet. Great feature and long may it stay

Experienced the same. Read message and was actually interested in the meet, so waited till I'd spoken with Mrs N after work, the torrent of abuse we received in the meantime was totally uncalled for, blocked too. Always mark unread in said situation, no abuse since. "

But then that shows the person in a new light! I got abuse from a guy ages ago for something similar. He'd been all politeness itself prior to this, just showed me what a temper he had when considered himself slighted, a lucky escape for me!

I think it'd be better if the sent box feature was removed. It's the cause of so much apparent suffering and trauma. Just get rid.

» Add a new message to this topic