FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Why is Photo-Verification not mandatory?

Why is Photo-Verification not mandatory?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just don’t see why, sure it may scare off some people making it required on sign up. But those are people likely to not be meeting anyway (as they’re not verified).

Is there a reason behind this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin like most people to have the choice

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Admin like most people to have the choice"

I get that.

But to me, and I think most users that have been here a while, just immediately question anyone who messages who isn’t verified anyway.

I don’t know many who’d visit someone without seeing their face, so at that point why not do the verification?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think people mostly question meet verification tbh, not photo verification.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some they are made to photo verify, we were on our couples profile!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Some they are made to photo verify, we were on our couples profile! "

I was made to, too.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Admin like most people to have the choice

I get that.

But to me, and I think most users that have been here a while, just immediately question anyone who messages who isn’t verified anyway.

I don’t know many who’d visit someone without seeing their face, so at that point why not do the verification? "

Doing a PV doesn't mean they will have a face pic to show anyway. the PV pic always stays private

They may show their face another way,we don't have face pics and used to show face on cam instead.

If you don't want unverified people to mail you, you can block those people on your filter page and then the site will work for you how you want it to

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

I think if people aren't photoverifed it's an alarm bell right away, I can understand being concerned about how that photo is stored or it if it deleted once it is sent in.

"I just don’t see why, sure it may scare off some people making it required on sign up. But those are people likely to not be meeting anyway (as they’re not verified).

Is there a reason behind this? "

If it concerns you. Then the answer is not to meet unverified people

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"I think if people aren't photoverifed it's an alarm bell right away, I can understand being concerned about how that photo is stored or it if it deleted once it is sent in. "

So... we might be fake then?

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I might be fake if you take PV as the only method of proving people are who they say ….. (or I could fake one if I wanted).

But then I have a number of real verifications from real people; which are a damned sight harder to fake !

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"I think if people aren't photoverifed it's an alarm bell right away, I can understand being concerned about how that photo is stored or it if it deleted once it is sent in.

So... we might be fake then? "

I was thinking more along the lines of if a profile is relatively new, not active on the forums or behaves oddly towards you when interacting, I think I left a few words out or something!

I get that.

I don’t know many who’d visit someone without seeing their face, so at that point why not do the verification? "

We never even look to see if anyone is photoverified

I ignore photo verification. I only look for meet verifications.

By *ayandellenCouple  over a year ago

Newport, South Wales.

Our photo verification picture was

a A4 sheet of paper with

'Fabswingers.com and Ray and Ellen'

on it, and her B(.)(.)Bs

By *ayandellenCouple  over a year ago

Newport, South Wales.

But meeting verifications count for a lot more, couples that have been on here for three years plus and still not verified.

Swingers, I don't think so...….

or are they waiting to meet Mr and Mrs Right.

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

We must be fake with fake verifications.

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

"I just don’t see why, sure it may scare off some people making it required on sign up. But those are people likely to not be meeting anyway (as they’re not verified).

Is there a reason behind this? "

It would have stopped us joining.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"I think if people aren't photoverifed it's an alarm bell right away, I can understand being concerned about how that photo is stored or it if it deleted once it is sent in.

So... we might be fake then?

I was thinking more along the lines of if a profile is relatively new, not active on the forums or behaves oddly towards you when interacting, I think I left a few words out or something! "

We are only interested in meet veries, but we wouldn't avoid meeting someone if they didn't have any, if they proved themselves to be genuine in some other way.

By *asteregg01Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I've been off and on this site for nearly 10 years now. Never has any of my profiles been PV.

I have plenty of verifications that prove I'm real.

My filters are set to be only contacted by verified users.

Unfortunately, that means people who are PV only can message me. I'll only meet people who are Meet Verified.

Perhaps there should be a filter to only allow meet verified profiles to contact you.

"I've been off and on this site for nearly 10 years now. Never has any of my profiles been PV.

Unfortunately, that means people who are PV only can message me. I'll only meet people who are Meet Verified.

Perhaps there should be a filter to only allow meet verified profiles to contact you."

Couldn't agree more

Money, no other reason

"I've been off and on this site for nearly 10 years now. Never has any of my profiles been PV.

Perhaps there should be a filter to only allow meet verified profiles to contact you.

Couldn't agree more "

totally...

Perhaps there should be a filter to only allow meet verified profiles to contact you."

That mail filter already exists.

That mail filter already exists."

does it? I thought it covered both meet and photo verification? I know you can specify meet veris in searches

By *asteregg01Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

That mail filter already exists."

I've checked...it doesn't.

Verified shows as both green flag and green tick.

So only PV can message you.

[Removed by poster at 22/03/19 10:05:26]

For a single male of a certain age it opens doors that would otherwise be firmly closed but in terms of usefulness thats about it. I know the site like it because it gives them some idea that you might be a real person but you could still be a fantasist, liar or damaged and I dont think there would be much they could do about that. I didnt really like having to do it because fabswingers is no longer a private company but the EU regulations re internet privacy make that less of a worry these days!

Good idea OP.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think new women and couples do now need to photo verify...unfortunately.

I've recently set up a profile as a single lady (yes hubby knows) and had to photo verify. I very nearly didn't bother and whoever did verify me got a very grumpy crap photo that included a rant.... so sorry whoever picked it up

Nita

I get that.

Ive been here since fab opened so why after all those years would i still want to be photo verified like other members i really dont want my face splattered over fab . if i wanted it id of done it and before fab changed hands it was not on the choice . I still would not have done it . As like others we all came over from 2 other sites and everybody new everybody . We were also on cams in old chat too so if you use chat and go on cam you are proving who you are . maybe it should be just for those who use forums or just mail ???

By *iyuWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I get that.

Ive found the easiest way to get around that is by simply video calling them prior to a meet to verify they are real and have a likeness to their pictures

By *eynard_ArgentMan  over a year ago

Witham

Agree ... I am very cautious of ladies or couples who don’t PV.

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

Pv is a waste of time and proves nothing.

I know of pv profiles that have fake pics on them. Yes, reported....

Because ..... none of the fakes would become site supporters then and think of the loss of revenue that would cause for this site if photo verification was mandatory.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

I think some people don’t understand the intention behind the photo verification option.

Its supposed to give a level of assurance that the person in the picture is the same gender as the person’s profile.

What it’s not, is a cast iron guarantee that this process is 100% fool proof. Photo verifications can be and probably are faked.

What they are not is a nailed on guarantee that the person is genuine, the profile is genuine, that they won’t waste your time, that they will find you attractive, that they will want to meet you or that they will fuck you.

Enjoying the site is about using your common sense, regrettably a skill many seem to lack.

I even saw someone a while back suggesting that a photo verification was a better barometer than a meet verification.

That really did make me want to give my head a wobble.

I think some people are in too much of a hurry to meet, too desperate, and in their haste they forget to carry out any due diligence.

After which they want the site to remedy their mistakes by introducing a whole raft of unworkable and impractical processes.

If any other form of verification system provided a 100% guarantee I think the site would have implemented it by now.

Two pence spent.

Not 100 per cent, add in common sense and gut feeling, it will help, but still a good idea.

"I think some people don’t understand the intention behind the photo verification option.

Its supposed to give a level of assurance that the person in the picture is the same gender as the person’s profile.

What it’s not, is a cast iron guarantee that this process is 100% fool proof. Photo verifications can be and probably are faked.

What they are not is a nailed on guarantee that the person is genuine, the profile is genuine, that they won’t waste your time, that they will find you attractive, that they will want to meet you or that they will fuck you.

Enjoying the site is about using your common sense, regrettably a skill many seem to lack.

I even saw someone a while back suggesting that a photo verification was a better barometer than a meet verification.

I think some people are in too much of a hurry to meet, too desperate, and in their haste they forget to carry out any due diligence.

After which they want the site to remedy their mistakes by introducing a whole raft of unworkable and impractical processes.

If any other form of verification system provided a 100% guarantee I think the site would have implemented it by now.

Two pence spent.

"

Some people need babysitting.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I think some people don’t understand the intention behind the photo verification option.

Two pence spent.

Some people need babysitting. "

Uh huh

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

Agree totally with you, we have been on here for over 10 years and it is the verifications that we look for.

» Add a new message to this topic