FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > "EDIT" Facility

"EDIT" Facility

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondered if there's ever going to be an EDIT facility for the forums ??

It would be quite usefull if you want to correct a typo or add a little bit extra to something you've posted ...

The forum mods appear to have the facility to edit their posts, so just wondered if we will ever be able to do the same ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

I'm afraid that the mods "edit" function as it stands is a little too powerful to open to the general users .... could you imagine the misuse some people could put a mods "edit" function to?

" I'm afraid that the mods "edit" function as it stands is a little too powerful to open to the general users .... could you imagine the misuse some people could put a mods "edit" function to?

"

No one is suggesting that users have the same edit facilities as a mod, however the facility needs to be available for a poster to correct an error, add or subtract from a post that they have made - all within a given time frame, eg 5 minutes, after which the post cannot be altered

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think it is just a normal edit button the OP means x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Sorry Red, I answered then and you already had x

"Sorry Red, I answered then and you already had x"

Forgiven - lolll

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Sorry Red, I answered then and you already had x

Forgiven - lolll"

I'm not hopeful we will get one.

The forum's seem to come at the very bottom of a long list of things that this site requires.

We've been asking for smilies since day one. We've been asking for edits since day one. We';ve been asking for a easier to operate system since day one. We've been asking for latest posts to be at the top of the threads from day one.

Apart from a quote button...... we've been left at the bottom of the heap.

The chat room seems to come before everything. Maybe we should all join the chat rooms and forget about the forums.

Have to agree with Madchick - the forums, although better than nothing, leave a lot to be desired.

It is nothing more than an old fashioned bulletin board - very drab, very bland with a massive amount of room for improvement. Scrap 'em and replace with the Phphb, or whatever the Hell the old ones were called - at least they were easy to navigate and user friendly ...

I don't think anyone can deny that SJ and Mark have worked wonders with the site, and I for one certainly would not wish to take that credit away from them, but the forums, perhaps should be renamed The Borums

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am not quite sure what Edit button people are talking about here, because we certainly do not have one of any sort to edit posts.

I am having to let people break rules because I cant edit them, but we all just have to make do with what we have right now, we are as you rightly say at the bottom of the heap, because the forums have the least members of the site involved,..and if you look at the whole site and how it has to be run, then its not hard to understand that chat rooms come first.

....and before anyone says anything, I am on your side, the people at the top, I am sure are fed up of me `badgering them` for Edit buttons and the like,.. but like everyone else, we have to wait

S&A

@ Stuart ... (BTW, I still cannot quote you)

A couple of days ago, you posted on a thread. About 10 minutes later, a notification appeared stating that another post had been made 'just this minute'. When I looked, the last posting was made by you and it was the same one that had been made 10minutes prior, however upon careful scrutiny, the post had slightly changed, ie you had corrected a spelling mistake and added a couple of extra words, otherwise the post was unchanged.

Given the above, it was probably fair to assume one of two things.

1) Mods have the facility to edit their posts

2) You copied the post, deleted it from the thread then reposted it making the alterations - It had to be one or the other

Either way it proves that mods have the facility to either edit or delete their posts after they have been made

We, the forum users have the facility to do neither

"@ Stuart ... (BTW, I still cannot quote you)

A couple of days ago, you posted on a thread. About 10 minutes later, a notification appeared stating that another post had been made 'just this minute'. When I looked, the last posting was made by you and it was the same one that had been made 10minutes prior, however upon careful scrutiny, the post had slightly changed, ie you had corrected a spelling mistake and added a couple of extra words, otherwise the post was unchanged.

Given the above, it was probably fair to assume one of two things.

1) Mods have the facility to edit their posts

2) You copied the post, deleted it from the thread then reposted it making the alterations - It had to be one or the other

Either way it proves that mods have the facility to either edit or delete their posts after they have been made

We, the forum users have the facility to do neither"

Not strictly right, I cant edit posts,..as in edit your posts, all I am able to do untill `edit` buttons come along is delete post and threads.

I do remember that post I made, and yes I wanted to change what I wrote so I deleted it and re-wrote it, but still without an edit button.

S&A

Cyprus

All I want to be able to do is to edit my appaling typing!

"All I want to be able to do is to edit my appaling typing!"

Spell check it before posting!

;-)

By *atch66Woman  over a year ago

bolton

when i delete someone of my friends list i want me taken of theres

"when i delete someone of my friends list i want me taken of theres "

If I'm not mistaken, that's how it happens now ....

Cyprus

"All I want to be able to do is to edit my appaling typing!

Spell check it before posting!

;-) "

Thats far too logical and complicated for a mere technotwit like me.

"when i delete someone of my friends list i want me taken of theres

If I'm not mistaken, that's how it happens now ...."

Thats correct

just noticed this thread I appear to have started a new thread about the same subject.

Re the chatrooms being better how many people have managed to discuss anything other than how nice their cam is or who wants a meet, at least here we can discuss films / fruit names / etc, etc.

I have more input here than anywhere else.

and at least people read what i write without deleting it... lol

» Add a new message to this topic