FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Seperating out TS from CD/TV

Seperating out TS from CD/TV

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

They're a loooot different, and leads to a great deal of confusion for people.

As a trans girl if one more person asks if I'm 'dressed' at 5pm, I'm going to move to a naked commune.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Agreed, it's weirdly naive of the site to group all those people together. And unhelpful to everyone.

Unfortunately this has been raised several times and there has been no response as far as I know.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yeah, I only looked at the first page or two before posting. I see the many requests now.

Poo. I guess we can't expect that changed then.

By *allyCD123TV/TS  over a year ago

Wexford

I think some guys are obsessed with someone being 'dressed' I understand. I am a CD/TV and can understand the frustration I do think its time for the site to recognise the difference and stop lumping us all in together

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

Yeah, definitely agree it seems remiss if not downright insensitive that the site lumps it all into one. Really not the same thing at all.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"They're a loooot different, and leads to a great deal of confusion for people.

As a trans girl if one more person asks if I'm 'dressed' at 5pm, I'm going to move to a naked commune."

I agree, it definitely needs a separate classification.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As a trans girl if one more person asks if I'm 'dressed' at 5pm, I'm going to move to a naked commune."

Yes I totally agree they are very different, however in the modern trans movement they are arguing that differentiating between a CD and a post op trans is trans phobic as you shouldn't judge someone based on their level of transition. They argue that you don't even need to make an effort but can simply identify as another gender and that this may change from day to day. Maybe fab is trying to avoid being accused of transphobia?

By *.A.MGUY55Man  over a year ago

littleborough

The whole site needs sorting out new things added an few things dismissed

"The whole site needs sorting out new things added an few things dismissed "

Yes I agree, hairy guys dressed in underwear who describe themselves as a TS abound on this site and fab guys

"The whole site needs sorting out new things added an few things dismissed

Yes I agree, hairy guys dressed in underwear who describe themselves as a TS abound on this site and fab guys "

I imagine it would be a difficult thing to police. As you say; there are lots of wannabe trans women on here who ‘dress’, and claim they are ts when in actual fact they aren’t full time or even beginning to transition.

You could ask for id but then you’d need to ask everyone for id if you want to do that.

Personally, I asked to be listed as my correct gender once I was under the doc, full time, and had my name changed.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Yes I agree, hairy guys dressed in underwear who describe themselves as a TS abound on this site and fab guys

I imagine it would be a difficult thing to police. As you say; there are lots of wannabe trans women on here who ‘dress’, and claim they are ts when in actual fact they aren’t full time or even beginning to transition.

You could ask for id but then you’d need to ask everyone for id if you want to do that.

Personally, I asked to be listed as my correct gender once I was under the doc, full time, and had my name changed. "

Agree with this policing would be impossible. I mean how far down the transitioning route do have to go before you go from tv to ts and who decides that.

Personally, I asked to be listed as my correct gender once I was under the doc, full time, and had my name changed.

Agree with this policing would be impossible. I mean how far down the transitioning route do have to go before you go from tv to ts and who decides that."

Exactly.

If you have simply had a referral or decided to ask for one you have in effect decided to transition..... not easy to prove though!

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

I agree

It’s a bit cold for that in Scotland

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

It's been asked God knows how many times and every single time its ignored I'm afraid

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

My two pennorth.

This is a site about sex and not personal identity. For sex purposes ts /TV indicates someone with a male body who present for sex in a feminine way and the people who want to meet such people will be little concerned as to how committed (or at all) they are to transition.

Hence it seems to me fine as it is.

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

Some really good points raised here. And i so agree that transsexuals should be shown the respect that they deserve as the difference between tv and ts is MASSIVE .

I'm a TV, just love to feel as girly as is possible for short periods of time. But to go full time with the social ,medical ,phisical challenges must be challenging to say the least.

I'm sure admin will never read these posts but it is so wrong to even consider tv and ts as the same category.

I could never look as good as these girls , they are just amazing.

Xxx Chloe xxx

"My two pennorth.

This is a site about sex and not personal identity. For sex purposes ts /TV indicates someone with a male body who present for sex in a feminine way and the people who want to meet such people will be little concerned as to how committed (or at all) they are to transition.

Hence it seems to me fine as it is. "

I’m sure it would seem fine to you as you seem to just see it as a list to select from.

However, transitioning people may see it somewhat differently and rather the people who show an interest in them have some level of respect for them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There are a lot of issues that trans women face and the less added, the better imo. This topic has been discussed hundreds of times here, over the years. The most important thing is for the user to self-identify, however they feel comfortable, communicating this with others: needs of others are way, way down the priority list, such as helping others to find the 'right' person for them.

It's what is known in law as a 'protected characteristic', so services in particular must be especially careful to ensure that they don't create inappropriate conditions for this group of people. This would include not pressuring people to self-disclose in ways/extents that they aren't comfortable with and that aren't essential. People may experience medical or other problems during their journey, potentially also altering their course: this reason as well means that forcing them to have to relate what may be incredibly troubling and highly personal details to others, is not at all appropriate.

It's still a really difficult time for many people who are trans in the various ways that suit them - they may be 'out' in fab, perhaps as one of their first steps in the wider world. Mental health problems, including suicide rates, are higher than for others in the wider population. We're also vulnerable to abuse, violence and worse - our profile settings may allow others to target us for the wrong reasons and so it should only be us who selects the style in which we communicate who we are to the world. By sustaining Fab's wider categorisation, this does provide some degree of safety to us, so that we retain the power to pick and choose just what we tell and to whom. It's also possible that we can use the alternative gender categories, should we wish to, if this category no longer serves our needs.

For now, aim to reduce your pressure on to people who may not have the level of comfort and confidence that you may have, in your life. This site is also used by people from other countries, where you may also not be so familiar with the culture in those localities, as your are in the UK (which is also highly diverse).

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

I really can't see what the problem is. This is a minority group anyway. Why would you want to fragment it even more. Is it too much effort to put details into a profile. For some I guess it is. I'm happy to share this small group with any CD, TV TS etc. But as you usual it's the people who are, transitioning or have transition who seem to kick up a fuss. Why.. Do you think you are something special or do you look down on cds and tvs. And don't tell me it doesn't happen because I know full well it does. I've had 3 friends transition and their attitudes change big style. We are, what we are. Is it such a big deal to share this group or should we go the whole gender neutral issue and have 76 different groups. Put some effort into your profiles. It's not hard to state facts now is it.

London

"My two pennorth.

Hence it seems to me fine as it is.

I’m sure it would seem fine to you as you seem to just see it as a list to select from.

However, transitioning people may see it somewhat differently and rather the people who show an interest in them have some level of respect for them.

"

The categories are broad categories giving a basic idea as to someone's physicality so you know if you have a basic attraction to that type of person.

You can work out in personal discussion with someone whether you think they have sufficient respect.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

Of course we should have different categories, there is a huge difference between CD and TS emotionally and physically.

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Totally agree. Have mailed about this before. It's unfair for trans men and women and creates confusion in people who don't understand the difference.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Of course we should have different categories, there is a huge difference between CD and TS emotionally and physically."

Agreed

Surprised by the judgement in this thread as to what constitutes a ‘proper’ TS and what doesn’t. I know people who are ‘part-time’ TS and have spent over a decade working with TS support groups and church groups. Partly as a result of that work they have chosen not to transition. I’m not at all sure that makes them less of a real trans-sexual. They identify very clearly as a woman.

And I totally support the suggestion to split TS and TV/CD. I think it would help educate the wider population, and make it easier for people to find like-minded others.

Personally I’ve found that a lot of the issues lie with some of the people who message me, I make clear that I am a cross dresser but yet I get asked pretty much on a daily basis if I’ve got a pussy, a set of tits or I’m expected to be dressed and ready to meet at any time day or night, from personal experience some guys on here treat tv/ts with zero respect and that’s not something that the site can particularly control but that is what the block and report options are for x

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

"There are a lot of issues that trans women face and the less added, the better imo. This topic has been discussed hundreds of times here, over the years. The most important thing is for the user to self-identify, however they feel comfortable, communicating this with others: needs of others are way, way down the priority list, such as helping others to find the 'right' person for them.

It's what is known in law as a 'protected characteristic', so services in particular must be especially careful to ensure that they don't create inappropriate conditions for this group of people. This would include not pressuring people to self-disclose in ways/extents that they aren't comfortable with and that aren't essential. People may experience medical or other problems during their journey, potentially also altering their course: this reason as well means that forcing them to have to relate what may be incredibly troubling and highly personal details to others, is not at all appropriate.

It's still a really difficult time for many people who are trans in the various ways that suit them - they may be 'out' in fab, perhaps as one of their first steps in the wider world. Mental health problems, including suicide rates, are higher than for others in the wider population. We're also vulnerable to abuse, violence and worse - our profile settings may allow others to target us for the wrong reasons and so it should only be us who selects the style in which we communicate who we are to the world. By sustaining Fab's wider categorisation, this does provide some degree of safety to us, so that we retain the power to pick and choose just what we tell and to whom. It's also possible that we can use the alternative gender categories, should we wish to, if this category no longer serves our needs.

For now, aim to reduce your pressure on to people who may not have the level of comfort and confidence that you may have, in your life. This site is also used by people from other countries, where you may also not be so familiar with the culture in those localities, as your are in the UK (which is also highly diverse).

"

London

"There are a lot of issues that trans women face and the less added, the better imo. This topic has been discussed hundreds of times here, over the years. The most important thing is for the user to self-identify, however they feel comfortable, communicating this with others: needs of others are way, way down the priority list, such as helping others to find the 'right' person for them.

"

As a matter of law only people who have a gender reassignment certificate have a protected characteristic. A trans person without a grc is legally their biological sex and their gender identity is not a protected characteristic.

This site has the bi curious and bisexual preference for example, showing they do understand the there are differences between people. Why not differentiate like you and many others are asking for?

London&Dublin

I'm contented with the way it is now.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

TS people as I understand it even after transition if they were male, still do not have as lower testosterone levels as women.

I would rather TS people were called people not TS women or men.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I've met over the years TS who are rude and obnoxious especially about Transvestites and occasional crossdressers (my view Transvestite, wig makeup fully shaved and attempt to look as close to a woman as possible, crossdressers wearing the clothing perceived to be for the opposite gender) but I think they're like that anyway their transition doesn't totally change a personality.

I have also met TS who just wish to be accepted in their transitional state pre or post op nice people just wanting a quiet life.

So as this is a site for strangers to meet each other even just for friendship as well as sex, we should do as much as we can to differentiate between the genders, if you are transitioning and fully seen as the opposite sex TS, TV/CD for others.

"TS people as I understand it even after transition if they were male, still do not have as lower testosterone levels as women."

You understand wrong, I’m afraid. Cis women typically are in the range between 0.7 and 2.8 nmol/L I’m pre op and mine sits between 0.8 and 1.3 (it does vary a bit)

barnstaple

"TS people as I understand it even after transition if they were male, still do not have as lower testosterone levels as women.

You understand wrong, I’m afraid. Cis women typically are in the range between 0.7 and 2.8 nmol/L I’m pre op and mine sits between 0.8 and 1.3 (it does vary a bit)

"

I had read some research but, stand corrected. Fascinating subject though. I still find it difficult when guys say they have always felt like a woman. As a woman I feel like a person.

I believe we are all people/humankind.

"TS people as I understand it even after transition if they were male, still do not have as lower testosterone levels as women.

I had read some research but, stand corrected. Fascinating subject though. I still find it difficult when guys say they have always felt like a woman. As a woman I feel like a person.

I believe we are all people/humankind.

"

I guess a cis woman would feel comfortable as she is.

When your gender doesn’t match what everyone tells you it is.... well then there’s conflict in your mind.

I've got to say I go against the flow on this thread on many levels, regardless of CD, TV, transitioning, post up, pre op we all fit under the same broad banner of girls on the trans spectrum. This is a social site, expend your efforts on explaining yourselves on your profile, let people know your outlook and individual desires and enjoy the site. Simple as that.

As a girl who ventured out in public in the 1990s and suffered all the hate surrounding our community back then I'd also say lets not talk about 'hairy knicker wearers', 'blokes in dresses' in such a derogatory or superior manner. I know plenty of them who have suffered ridiculous levels of abuse going public in past decades which has contributed fully to the state of acceptance we have today which thank god, younger girls can now call their reality.

Every member of the trans community has a high value, we'd do well to remember that.

"I really can't see what the problem is. This is a minority group anyway. Why would you want to fragment it even more. Is it too much effort to put details into a profile. For some I guess it is. I'm happy to share this small group with any CD, TV TS etc. But as you usual it's the people who are, transitioning or have transition who seem to kick up a fuss. Why.. Do you think you are something special or do you look down on cds and tvs. And don't tell me it doesn't happen because I know full well it does. I've had 3 friends transition and their attitudes change big style. We are, what we are. Is it such a big deal to share this group or should we go the whole gender neutral issue and have 76 different groups. Put some effort into your profiles. It's not hard to state facts now is it. "

#absolutely x

London&Dublin

"I've got to say I go against the flow on this thread on many levels, regardless of CD, TV, transitioning, post up, pre op we all fit under the same broad banner of girls on the trans spectrum. This is a social site, expend your efforts on explaining yourselves on your profile, let people know your outlook and individual desires and enjoy the site. Simple as that.

As a girl who ventured out in public in the 1990s and suffered all the hate surrounding our community back then I'd also say lets not talk about 'hairy knicker wearers', 'blokes in dresses' in such a derogatory or superior manner. I know plenty of them who have suffered ridiculous levels of abuse going public in past decades which has contributed fully to the state of acceptance we have today which thank god, younger girls can now call their reality.

Every member of the trans community has a high value, we'd do well to remember that."

I agree with you totally.

"I've got to say I go against the flow on this thread on many levels, regardless of CD, TV, transitioning, post up, pre op we all fit under the same broad banner of girls on the trans spectrum. This is a social site, expend your efforts on explaining yourselves on your profile, let people know your outlook and individual desires and enjoy the site. Simple as that.

Every member of the trans community has a high value, we'd do well to remember that."

Beautifully put.

"

I agree with you totally.

"

#fistbumpmesister x

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

The wheels of the arguement go round and round, same old arguement as it was in the early days of the internet and the first trans presence on it.

For the sake of the arguement, who would define who comes under what label and how it would be moderated.

For example ...

It would be illegal to ask anyone to show a GRS certificate as proof that they are in a particular label.

A lot of women who can lay claim to a certificate do not do so.

Basically read a profile and if the info is not there then ask.

There is no gaurantee that any new labelling system would be less abused than the countless amount of singular guys here who have a couple profile.

By *he Cheeky GirlsCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Dover

Jeez you only have to look at the photos of some to know what catagorie they belong to.

"Jeez you only have to look at the photos of some to know what catagorie they belong to. "

What category am I then my dear? #justcurious

Whitstable

"Jeez you only have to look at the photos of some to know what catagorie they belong to. "

So someone who has had GRS and breast enhancement, has a GRC and yet still works as a guy in their job because they do not want to loose that job (for various reasons), they would be?

Someone living as female 24/7 and yet has had no transitional consultation no hormones and no surgery or hair removal procedures. They would be?

I have met hundreds of trans folk over the years and communicated with several thousand via the different media available and i have found that there is not a large number of any particular label and what most seem to like to say is "i am not like you" rather than focus on any commonalities or similarities and that is the biggest weakness of the so called trans community.

Dover

"Jeez you only have to look at the photos of some to know what catagorie they belong to.

So someone who has had GRS and breast enhancement, has a GRC and yet still works as a guy in their job because they do not want to loose that job (for various reasons), they would be?

Someone living as female 24/7 and yet has had no transitional consultation no hormones and no surgery or hair removal procedures. They would be?

I have met hundreds of trans folk over the years and communicated with several thousand via the different media available and i have found that there is not a large number of any particular label and what most seem to like to say is "i am not like you" rather than focus on any commonalities or similarities and that is the biggest weakness of the so called trans community."

You forgot a mention a sense of humour.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I've known of a few post op trans girls had thier category changed to woman by admin on here and rightly so

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Eloquent and very well said

PDI Gran Canaria

Seriously how can you justify a hairy guy who just puts a pair of women's knickers on and then calls themselves a Tv.

"Seriously how can you justify a hairy guy who just puts a pair of women's knickers on and then calls themselves a Tv. "

The more appropriate question is why as a girl on the trans spectrum would you be so bothered about classification or more specifically segregation, why does the appearance of a person with your 'gender grouping' have to be made into an issue?

You don't see women saying we need to separate out into 3 groupings of hound, average and the beautiful based on their ability to preen, clothe and apply makeup so why should we?

On a complete trans journey anyone will pass through all stages from early cross dressing onwards, why do we need to classify them from group to group.

The sad reality is its used as almost a confirmation of worth by many in trans society and they will happily knock, insult others in order to convince themselves that their journey somehow makes them better, from my experience its a smoke screen to deflect for their own insecurities or indeed inability to find happiness at the end of their journey.

We'd all do well to go back and watch Paris is burning, think about that age where we where all in constant risk of physical attack, jail, humiliation etc and look at the wide spectrum of looks bought to the runway... Physical appearance made zero difference in regards to those girls courage and bravery and I am certain those who lost their lives would shake their head at a scenario in which 'sisters' choose to belittle one another.

PDI Gran Canaria

"Seriously how can you justify a hairy guy who just puts a pair of women's knickers on and then calls themselves a Tv.

The more appropriate question is why as a girl on the trans spectrum would you be so bothered about classification or more specifically segregation, why does the appearance of a person with your 'gender grouping' have to be made into an issue?

You don't see women saying we need to separate out into 3 groupings of hound, average and the beautiful based on their ability to preen, clothe and apply makeup so why should we?

On a complete trans journey anyone will pass through all stages from early cross dressing onwards, why do we need to classify them from group to group.

The sad reality is its used as almost a confirmation of worth by many in trans society and they will happily knock, insult others in order to convince themselves that their journey somehow makes them better, from my experience its a smoke screen to deflect for their own insecurities or indeed inability to find happiness at the end of their journey.

We'd all do well to go back and watch Paris is burning, think about that age where we where all in constant risk of physical attack, jail, humiliation etc and look at the wide spectrum of looks bought to the runway... Physical appearance made zero difference in regards to those girls courage and bravery and I am certain those who lost their lives would shake their head at a scenario in which 'sisters' choose to belittle one another."

I'm not on a crusade darling, just stating obvious facts so get over it. No need to take things and make things personal even if you are a little insecure.

PDI Gran Canaria

Anyway the forums are for opinions and discussion, your welcome to yours as I am to mine. So stop trying to preach and lighten up.

"Seriously how can you justify a hairy guy who just puts a pair of women's knickers on and then calls themselves a Tv.

We'd all do well to go back and watch Paris is burning, think about that age where we where all in constant risk of physical attack, jail, humiliation etc and look at the wide spectrum of looks bought to the runway... Physical appearance made zero difference in regards to those girls courage and bravery and I am certain those who lost their lives would shake their head at a scenario in which 'sisters' choose to belittle one another.

I'm not on a crusade darling, just stating obvious facts so get over it. No need to take things and make things personal even if you are a little insecure."

Charli - Insecure? Well that’s a new one on me. I’ll preach quite happily that seeing things like this make me think “not this shit again” where professional Trans “don’t talk to me, you’re not transitioning” try and mock those further behind them on their journey or just happy being what they are. Yes, a guy happy in a pair of knickers is not exactly ready to fly a rainbow flag just yet, but having seen the sneers at events or trans friendly venues of TS’s or Trans girls to those just starting to find their feet, that opinion makes me want to vomit, no matter how entitled you think you are to it. Anyway, carry on in your Ivory tower love, I’m sure you’re feeling far superior to all us “men in dresses”.

London&Dublin

We fight for others to accept us and yet it is clear that we don't accept each other and want to steer ourselves away from one another just because some think they are not of similar standard than others.

Many forget that they were once a guy trying a dress too.

" We fight for others to accept us and yet it is clear that we don't accept each other and want to steer ourselves away from one another just because some think they are not of similar standard than others.

"

Well said

" We fight for others to accept us and yet it is clear that we don't accept each other and want to steer ourselves away from one another just because some think they are not of similar standard than others.

"

Absolutely on point.

PDI Gran Canaria

Drama queens come to mind, life is good for me for sure. Luck or possibly hard work and just a desire to get on with life. I have an opinion and if you don't like it, tough, as I speak my mind.

"

Absolutely x

"Drama queens come to mind, life is good for me for sure. Luck or possibly hard work and just a desire to get on with life. I have an opinion and if you don't like it, tough, as I speak my mind."

Of course we are... Good luck with the MacBeth audition. Plus side, one casting... Three possible roles.

I wish you the very best of luck x

Dover

"Drama queens come to mind, life is good for me for sure. Luck or possibly hard work and just a desire to get on with life. I have an opinion and if you don't like it, tough, as I speak my mind.

Of course we are... Good luck with the MacBeth audition. Plus side, one casting... Three possible roles.

I wish you the very best of luck x"

Ha ha funny, so why the long face.

"Drama queens come to mind, life is good for me for sure. Luck or possibly hard work and just a desire to get on with life. I have an opinion and if you don't like it, tough, as I speak my mind."

I think you have the role of “drama queen” all sown up. The incessant “I’m different and special” bullshit wears a little thin. There’s nothing more different or special about you than anyone else in this thread so perhaps you should put a bit more effort into the personality side of your transition and show a bit more compassion. Saying “I speak my mind” isn’t Carte Blanche for being a Princess or a bellend. We can all speak our mind sweet cheeks.

Dover

I have no idea what your problem is, I guess you lot have issues with your looks or something. Pick on someone who gives a shit.

"I have no idea what your problem is, I guess you lot have issues with your looks or something. Pick on someone who gives a shit."

Sorry, are you still here Gabrielle?

Yes I have TERRIBLE trouble with my look, utter hound, cant hold my own in public, socially, or indeed articulate my views in a public forum. I just hope one day I can make a good enough impression on somebody to pick up a veri or heaven forbid a fabbed photo on this site. Until then I'll just bask in the glory of being able to share a category with a goddess like yourself. X

PDI Gran Canaria

I see your all terribly rattled now, have I hit a nerve. Anyway this is very tedious and so boring so I shall feed the trolls no longer.

"I see your all terribly rattled now, have I hit a nerve. Anyway this is very tedious and so boring so I shall feed the trolls no longer."

Indeed, go sit back under your bridge and let us rattle x

From reading it sounds like the thread got a touch heated (oh dear) I'd tend to agree it would be nice not to lump every trans person together. Not sure how that would ever work though!

But personally I'd settle for guys to just read my profile. I've toyed with the idea of just rejoining as female, I've heard a few post op girls have done this. Feels a bit deceptive though?? X

"From reading it sounds like the thread got a touch heated (oh dear) I'd tend to agree it would be nice not to lump every trans person together. Not sure how that would ever work though!

But personally I'd settle for guys to just read my profile. I've toyed with the idea of just rejoining as female, I've heard a few post op girls have done this. Feels a bit deceptive though?? X"

Not really deceptive hon and if it’s right for you, personally, it’s what’s appropriate for you as an individual. Only issue is that you open yourself up to the “you aren’t a real woman though” brigade. We face numerous issues, regardless of whether we’re all lumped together or whether you have a TS option. I’m not adverse to that, in truth, but it’ll just be the same within that category. Just irks me that some people think they’re better than someone else. You’ll still get those asking how convincing or feminine you are, even as a Transexual. I echo your sentiment on reading the profile. If everyone did that, regardless of who we are on Fab, life would be a hell of a lot easier.

"From reading it sounds like the thread got a touch heated (oh dear) I'd tend to agree it would be nice not to lump every trans person together. Not sure how that would ever work though!

But personally I'd settle for guys to just read my profile. I've toyed with the idea of just rejoining as female, I've heard a few post op girls have done this. Feels a bit deceptive though?? X

Not really deceptive hon and if it’s right for you, personally, it’s what’s appropriate for you as an individual. Only issue is that you open yourself up to the “you aren’t a real woman though” brigade. We face numerous issues, regardless of whether we’re all lumped together or whether you have a TS option. I’m not adverse to that, in truth, but it’ll just be the same within that category. Just irks me that some people think they’re better than someone else. You’ll still get those asking how convincing or feminine you are, even as a Transexual. I echo your sentiment on reading the profile. If everyone did that, regardless of who we are on Fab, life would be a hell of a lot easier. "

I agree 100% unfortunately guys just seem to like to look at pics, oh well, to be fair it's never easy I guess! I did have a profile on another dating site (tinder) didn't say I was trans, but then I had the issue of telling guys before meeting, most were cool, but there's always a risk of getting abuse, oh well.

Thanks for the reply hun

This thread has been done to death

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Flying handbags and wigs springs to mind . God loves a bitch fight . Settle down ladies . I’d hazard a guess that there isn’t one of you on here that suffers from insecurity . It’s a brave path you all tread and one that should encourage a shared empathy !!

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

I'm gender fluid so not cis but still not transgender or transvestite but from conversations I've had with friends, I wouldn't want to be lumped together regardless of what side I was on.

It seems to me (again observations from conversations, mainly on the BDSM scene) to be the difference between who you "are" (even if it's visible part time or not) as opposed to it being something you find sexually arousing or satisfying.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I think some guys are obsessed with someone being 'dressed' I understand. I am a CD/TV and can understand the frustration I do think its time for the site to recognise the difference and stop lumping us all in together "
I think it is up to guys to read profiles that is the problem.In defence of fab it would be a problem separated these matters as people have there own view on themselves so hard to make rules.

By *ibblingnewtWoman  over a year ago

by the sea

I think anyone that is transitioning should be able to put down as a female and on profile add a piece about being transgender after all if you are living as a woman 24/7. You should be able to say female it would stop you being perstered like you are and referred to as a man

We should just change the entire site to 'human', people can then check out everyone and go on the simple principle of attraction #simples

"I think anyone that is transitioning should be able to put down as a female and on profile add a piece about being transgender after all if you are living as a woman 24/7. You should be able to say female it would stop you being perstered like you are and referred to as a man"

You already can do this.

And there will always be keyboard idiots who think it’s funny to send you private messages full of abuse.

By *rystaldenisonWoman  over a year ago

salisbury

agreed i wanna search for TS not CD and its annoying xx

so can only begin to think how you feel xx

a fair few terms need adding i think x

"I think anyone that is transitioning should be able to put down as a female and on profile add a piece about being transgender after all if you are living as a woman 24/7. You should be able to say female it would stop you being perstered like you are and referred to as a man

You already can do this.

And there will always be keyboard idiots who think it’s funny to send you private messages full of abuse. "

My favourite comeback to them is always “I make a far better woman than you l will ever do as a man sweetheart”.

"I think anyone that is transitioning should be able to put down as a female and on profile add a piece about being transgender after all if you are living as a woman 24/7. You should be able to say female it would stop you being perstered like you are and referred to as a man

You already can do this.

And there will always be keyboard idiots who think it’s funny to send you private messages full of abuse.

My favourite comeback to them is always “I make a far better woman than you l will ever do as a man sweetheart”. "

I guess they must be terrified of what my comeback may be as whenever I get a nasty one they block me straight away. Thankfully those messages are rare.

PDI Gran Canaria

I know I shall probably be verbally abused again, but some girls need to realise that grouping everyone together is not helping transgenders to taken seriously. Someone can tagged a TV by wearing his wife's knickers.

durham

"I know I shall probably be verbally abused again, but some girls need to realise that grouping everyone together is not helping transgenders to taken seriously. Someone can tagged a TV by wearing his wife's knickers."
so what makes you think you are special. I have no objection to sharing a group which I'm sure you were also before transitioning. It's funny once you do change you think you have a special place on here or in life. We are, all what we are. Come down off your pedastal. I tell you this, anyone who thinks they are, better than me or thinks they deserve more than me soon get knocked off their little perch. I accept everyone for what they are but it doesn't mean I will tolerate this I'm mightier than thou attitude which a lot think they merit. You can forget that. Put what you are in your profile. It's not rocket science and it's not that hard. If people can't be bothered to read and distinguish the difference that is their problem. I wish this bloody mindedness would stop. Learn to accept the group you are in and stop trying to alter the goal posts for God's sake

By *aeBabeWoman  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 19/04/19 20:57:04]

By *aeBabeWoman  over a year ago

London

Jeez

There are a couple of negative energies on this thread that's just so unnecessary, not at all lady like is it?

I definitely think that it would help to have TS as a separate category where those individuals can then explain more on their profile if that so wish. It might not be a big deal for some but it probably means a lot to them to have that differentiation especially when they believe that in their mind.

FYI

Being a woman doesn't equate to being a bitch...

Whitstable

80 odd posts and still no one has addressed who would decide who is what label, how its monitored and how its verified.

Going by the posts so far everyone seems to have a variant opinion on who is or is not a particluar label.

I still believe that a more emcompassing position is better for the whole than more narrow definitions by splintering down into factional smaller groups.

by the sea

I chatted to a Transexual a couple of years ago for ages, one day I said I was looking to meet a bloke ideally and up pops a mans profile saying it’s me !

By *ayde164TV/TS  over a year ago

Manchester

Thats completely right see I will tell it as it really is ok. This is not meant to cause offense in anyway. We to a degree go from a CD to a TV and some to TS by either surgery cosmetic change or get a GRC which is why I dont live work or exist as a guy anymore. See in life its best to accept all as they are and not by labels no one is perfect and there are some nice people in the trans community and a few muppets as well. The only difference between a TV and a TS is lifestyle choice.

barnstaple

"I think anyone that is transitioning should be able to put down as a female and on profile add a piece about being transgender after all if you are living as a woman 24/7. You should be able to say female it would stop you being perstered like you are and referred to as a man"

What is living as a woman ? How does that translate ?

by the sea

What is living as a woman ? How does that translate ?"

Someone that identifies as a woman all the time

Yes needs to be separate classification. I would happily meet a TS. I don’t want a man in women’s clothes however.

barnstaple

Why does all the identification appear to be around exagerated characatures of women ?

I love both to be honest it's a turn on

durham

"Yes needs to be separate classification. I would happily meet a TS. I don’t want a man in women’s clothes however. "
what you forget is there, are some really lovely tvs out there. This is, a small category anyway so why splinter it even more just because a, ts no longer cares, to be part of it. What you have to be careful about these days is that with all this gender neutral shenanigans floating about and the idea that there is now around 76 different genders you can actually call yourself whatever you want. Do you really want to open up a can or worms. There is, absolutely nothing wrong with the category as it stands at the moment. I do not think a, ts merits, any special treatment whatsoever and if they do I'd be happy to meet them face to face to bring them back down to earth. And, as for you lazy guys. Read the profiles properly. Try to talk to people then ask questions. It's not rocket science.

durham

Why do we need separate labels. By the way mine says, Marks and Spencer

"Yes needs to be separate classification. I would happily meet a TS. I don’t want a man in women’s clothes however. what you forget is there, are some really lovely tvs out there. This is, a small category anyway so why splinter it even more just because a, ts no longer cares, to be part of it. What you have to be careful about these days is that with all this gender neutral shenanigans floating about and the idea that there is now around 76 different genders you can actually call yourself whatever you want. Do you really want to open up a can or worms. There is, absolutely nothing wrong with the category as it stands at the moment. I do not think a, ts merits, any special treatment whatsoever and if they do I'd be happy to meet them face to face to bring them back down to earth. And, as for you lazy guys. Read the profiles properly. Try to talk to people then ask questions. It's not rocket science. "

Hear, hear. If a TS would like to identify as a woman, that’s her choice. I have no issue with a TS option if the site so chooses. The issue for meets then is that people expect a shemale pornstar, rather than a perfectly presentable Transexual that doesn’t fit that ideal. Much like not all women being stunningly beautiful. The issue with this thread in general is that it’s being skewed and an excuse for some to say “I’m different and I’m better than you” which is false. All Trans people started somewhere and are at whatever point of the spectrum now. Some have made the, admittedly brave, decision to live 24/7 as the opposite sex. Some even further with GRS. Fair enough. The site will still operate based upon looks and physical attraction however. The real issue for most of us in this category (TV/TS) are that we’re seen as a kink or as a poor substitute for a real woman (who on Fab have their pick of suitors) regardless of how attractive we are. If the site decides to, further, splinter us into sub groups, it won’t solve the issue. I wish everyone would actually read a profile and find out whether we are compatible. Sadly lacking in most of the “nice arse” messages I get and, no doubt, most of the others.

PDI Gran Canaria

No one has actually said some are better than others, perhaps the only ones that have skewed the thread that way are the ones with a huge chip on their shoulder for some reason.

durham

The ones with the chip on their shoulder are the ones who keep asking for a, special little category all of their own. That is fact. You are in a group CD TV ts learn to deal with it just like we all do. We, are, all on here for one reason. At least I hope we are

PDI Gran Canaria

"The ones with the chip on their shoulder are the ones who keep asking for a, special little category all of their own. That is fact. You are in a group CD TV ts learn to deal with it just like we all do. We, are, all on here for one reason. At least I hope we are "

I don't keep asking, merely giving an opinion on the threads subject.

I'm not that needy or desperate as some on here.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of what you think.

This is why I hate these threads as it soon becomes a bitch fest

"This is why I hate these threads as it soon becomes a bitch fest "

Agreed, it also does nothing for the wider opinion/judgement of trans society.

PDI Gran Canaria

"This is why I hate these threads as it soon becomes a bitch fest

Agreed, it also does nothing for the wider opinion/judgement of trans society.

"

Agree with that.

If we all tried to be more tolerant to one another who knows what would happen ,you ladies could end up as friends and confidantes or even playmates or better still role models for those looking to find they're identity

"If we all tried to be more tolerant to one another who knows what would happen ,you ladies could end up as friends and confidantes or even playmates or better still role models for those looking to find they're identity"

Some of us may already do that x

By *.gerri.xTV/TS  over a year ago

North west

I've said it before an i'll say it again

For a commmunity so desperate for acceptance from others we're pretty unnaccepting of our own.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Ima tv

I love to dress

I am smooth

I’m too old now, but if I had tried this years ago I would have lived as a gay trans person

I would have seriously considered transforming into a woman

But alas, at my age I will never get to do this

I think some t’girls are amazing, I’m classified as a tv and that’s what I am.

For partners on fab, I would always go for another tv or t’girl

"Ima tv

I love to dress

I am smooth

I’m too old now, but if I had tried this years ago I would have lived as a gay trans person

I would have seriously considered transforming into a woman

But alas, at my age I will never get to do this

I think some t’girls are amazing, I’m classified as a tv and that’s what I am.

For partners on fab, I would always go for another tv or t’girl"

This is actually what really gets me about these threads, I have older friends who have had every kind or hardship, they've been institutionalised, victimised, have been refused surgery etc in an age where outlooks where harsher. For those that where lucky in that age or indeed are young enough to enjoy the change in fortunes to live a fuller life to then want to make a class based separation or imply a superiority is in my eyes very sad.

I always think of all of those people as Trans Women, whatever the extent of their life they live in that form they share a common mindset and lets be honest, the burden. I also identify with their internal emotions and if the only way they can outwardly show that is by wearing lingerie in rare moments of their hidden life then I wish those of us more fortunate would at the very least embrace and support them.

Whatever has been said on this thread about classification is largely irrelevant to me, Im happy to be termed a TV, CD, Tgirl or whatever... The important thing for me is actually everyone who meets or knows me just thinks of me as Charli. Despite my clash on here I also think in the swinging world I do everything I can to break down perceptions and barriers towards our grouping.

I just think some of the comments particularly those aimed at degrading others within trans society are just horrible. In the same way as id be disgusted by seeing white people being racist, Im equally disgusted by Trans people being derogatory.

I will say i think your posts have been very considered and eloquent, i also think whatever your body you come across as a very lovely trans woman on this thread x

Totally agree with the OP...find it odd that they aren't seperate options!

By *iss Sassy PantsWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Maybe, to avoid issues, a simple rewording is order if seperating folks is not going to happen

Rather than CD/TV, just have trans as a label, it covers everyone, though personally, it could be argued, someone who is a CD may not identify as being on the spectrum of being trans, so ideally, having two categories would be logical though possibly confusing.

I think this post sums up the lack of knowledge for trans people. When will people understand that it is what is between the ears and not what is between the legs that defines a trans person.

Eddie izzard is the most prominent trans person in the UK.

Let's put this simply.

Trans is someone who identifies as female and can be pre/post/ or no OP.

Cd/TV is someone who likes to dress at various levels for sexual pleasure.

I identify as trans and I am no op mainly down to the risks involved with surgery and I already have a hole for sex.

When I meet my dick is totally out of bounds, sounds wierd, possibly, am I happy,like a pig in shit, do I give a fuck about being put in a box, nope personally I dont give a shit.

Also who is going to be appointed to come and check us all to identify if someone has a dick or not in order for sensitive soles to put others in a box to make themselves feel happier.

"I think this post sums up the lack of knowledge for trans people. When will people understand that it is what is between the ears and not what is between the legs that defines a trans person.

Eddie izzard is the most prominent trans person in the UK.

Let's put this simply.

Trans is someone who identifies as female and can be pre/post/ or no OP.

Cd/TV is someone who likes to dress at various levels for sexual pleasure.

I identify as trans and I am no op mainly down to the risks involved with surgery and I already have a hole for sex.

When I meet my dick is totally out of bounds, sounds wierd, possibly, am I happy,like a pig in shit, do I give a fuck about being put in a box, nope personally I dont give a shit.

Also who is going to be appointed to come and check us all to identify if someone has a dick or not in order for sensitive soles to put others in a box to make themselves feel happier.

"

Well said

» Add a new message to this topic