FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Upgrade to a better server

Upgrade to a better server

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When is fab going to become more up to date, add more features, run some java, make the site more jazzy, make the forums better, make browsing on phones better, add more emojis, etc all this money they make and none of it seems to come back in to the site

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like it how it is.. why does it need to change if its not broken?

Just outdated been a member for years, paid the majority of it and never seen site change would be good to have a forum and update to keep with 2019 not 1999 when the first site went live

Ive been here years as well on and off paid too.. and the site works fine for me

[Removed by poster at 10/04/19 21:00:25]

Sorry but what are you paying for??

The site is great the way it is.......

"Ive been here years as well on and off paid too.. and the site works fine for me"

I agree! Cost is minimal and the site offers a great service.

By *iffler 2019Woman  over a year ago

Saltash aka Fraggle Rock

If its not broke..... don't fix it else you get more problems

By *am62Woman  over a year ago

Bristol

It's fine how it is, for us older members, it's straight forward and easy to use. Don't want it complicated at my age lol

"When is fab going to become more up to date, add more features, run some java, make the site more jazzy, make the forums better, make browsing on phones better, add more emojis, etc all this money they make and none of it seems to come back in to the site "

I just about know how to work it now if it gets to flash I'll never follow it. I agree with 'if it ain't broke... etc'

Go fab!

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"If its not broke..... don't fix it else you get more problems "

Sorry my darling, I disagree.

More and more people are having issues with the chatroom running on Flashplayer, a software that is being phased out everywhere.

The forum is full of suggestions for improvements, from adding new interests, to splitting TS and CD, new definitions of sexuality such as orally bi or asexual, new filters for the search facility such as a minimum distance, etc etc etc.

We have been members for a long time, about 10 years in total, and have barely noticed a change in the look and feel of the site since day one.

I like the ‘mom and pop’ feel to Fab. I think it gives the site a lot of character and it loads quickly, even when internet service is dodgy.

That said, the points above re categorisation and chat rooms are well made and I don’t imagine will take a lot of development time, or affect the look and feel of the site.

Theres lots that could be improved for one the area/postcodes etc why when i put in a radius of 20 miles do i get ipswich/cambridge/boston etc there all like 50/60 miles away from me, the categories are well outdated, there should be more done what people are requesting etc its what people pay for a service that should be kept up to date with the people who ultimately pay to keep it running

By *eorge n DragonCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Theres lots that could be improved for one the area/postcodes etc why when i put in a radius of 20 miles do i get ipswich/cambridge/boston etc there all like 50/60 miles away from me, the categories are well outdated, there should be more done what people are requesting etc its what people pay for a service that should be kept up to date with the people who ultimately pay to keep it running"

Thought you pay to support and not to keep running? You can stiil use for free if wish.

Yes there are tweeks here and there that would be good but ultimatly get what you want out of the site how it is.

So simple to use hate to see any major changes.

As said on other threads on the subject. Wouldnt mind if got rid of things and simplified it even more.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"When is fab going to become more up to date, add more features, run some java, make the site more jazzy, make the forums better, make browsing on phones better, add more emojis, etc all this money they make and none of it seems to come back in to the site "

I like the site just as it is, so do many others.

It's simplicity makes it easy to use.

Personally I don't want loads of bells and whistles cluttering it up.

It's easy to navigate and find your way around, even for a cretin like me.

Yes, there's a couple of weeks that would improve it and the geography "thing" is a ball ache. I just don't use the bits that don't work for me.

It's never going to give everyone exactly what they want, but it serves the vast majority perfectly well.

Value for money wise, it's the best site I've ever joined.

Questions;

Do you know how much money the site makes?

Why shouldn't the site make money?

It's a business. If it's not making money it dies. Why do people think making money is a bad thing?

And why if they dislike the site so much, do they stay.....

I fully see both sides as there is things that are fine on the site the now , but as OP has mentioned there is new things that need to be addressed or Fab will fall behind others come time so it would be nice to see something's gradually filtered into the site , let's compare to FaceB if it stayed the same it would have less members come time and as you can see Fab is becoming more a younger persons site well up my way it is and us oldies days are marked

By *hoenixandflamesCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

"When is fab going to become more up to date, add more features, run some java,"

If you are asking for a site to run Java, then you really shoot yourself in the foot of having any credibility in what you are talking about.

There are some sentiments I might agree to, but the mobile experience is rapid.

Flames

By *eorge n DragonCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

"I fully see both sides as there is things that are fine on the site the now , but as OP has mentioned there is new things that need to be addressed or Fab will fall behind others come time so it would be nice to see something's gradually filtered into the site , let's compare to FaceB if it stayed the same it would have less members come time and as you can see Fab is becoming more a younger persons site well up my way it is and us oldies days are marked "

Fall behind what?

Thete are other sites that we on and find they behind here in what we looking for. So who competing with?

FaceB is a differant type of social media so cannot really compare. If got like that with all the likes and stuff will lead the way in leaving. And the youngsters can have this place.

Will always be placed they will not find

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

We like FAB and it works quite well. However when compared to the German site we use it is way way behind.

These are just a couple of examples of what could be done to catch up:

Special interest groups with their own sections of the forum. The German site has over 30 group sections and just the travel section alone has over 90 separate groups ranging from Cap d'Agde, Canaries, to Camper vans. Some with just a handful of members and others with a few thousand.

The ability for clubs to not only post events but allow members to register with a link back to profile.

Every club worth visiting in Germany uses this system and it works brilliantly.

Clubs are even encouraged to offer a small discount for premium members (site supporters) which in turn encourages more members to pay. A win win situation for everyone.

I won't post the name of the site and I'm sure that admin will know the name anyway, but if not just ask us.

The people make the site what it is, not the interface.

"When is fab going to become more up to date, add more features, run some java,

If you are asking for a site to run Java, then you really shoot yourself in the foot of having any credibility in what you are talking about.

There are some sentiments I might agree to, but the mobile experience is rapid.

I ain’ a computer tech it was an example so no credibility i don’t care haha it was used as an example

Flames"

"I fully see both sides as there is things that are fine on the site the now , but as OP has mentioned there is new things that need to be addressed or Fab will fall behind others come time so it would be nice to see something's gradually filtered into the site , let's compare to FaceB if it stayed the same it would have less members come time and as you can see Fab is becoming more a younger persons site well up my way it is and us oldies days are marked

Fall behind what?

Thete are other sites that we on and find they behind here in what we looking for. So who competing with?

FaceB is a differant type of social media so cannot really compare. If got like that with all the likes and stuff will lead the way in leaving. And the youngsters can have this place.

Will always be placed they will not find

"

the inclusion off FB was just a comparison , as it has changed with the times ( change is the point )

The site does look outdated, functionality still there, but can be improved.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's better to suggest very specific improvements that you would like, rather than broader requests. For example op, specify each exact change youd like the forum to have, that you refer to in your post.

If others then understand what that feature etc would add to their use of fab, you'll get constructive feedback, perhaps triggering others to suggest further improvements from yours.

There's a high level of satisfaction with fab, so it's about making good, even better.

Ditching Flash is the big one, for the we cams section, it's outdated and doesn't work well on newer devices, switching to html5 would be best here.

» Add a new message to this topic