FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Blocking profile from men into men

Blocking profile from men into men

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r Kipling tart filler OP   Man  over a year ago

Tart filling facility

Seems I get a lot of interest from blokes who can't read profiles. Any way I can hide profile from non-straight people's?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rrowxxxMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

Yes hide it from everyone.

Get over yourself.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

just filter out men, you won't even see they've looked at you, especially not the 'homos'... ...

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

"Seems I get a lot of interest from blokes who can't read profiles. Any way I can hide profile from non-straight people's?"

I looked to see why so many “homos” are looking. I was very disappointed. Was expecting so much more from such a “fit straight guy” . Oh well I must run off to next straight profile to finish my wank.

Homo is a short word for homosexual, is it not? So if the OP said no homosexuals, no one would be so jumped up about it no??

He said no homos because I'm straight. What's wrong with that? If the thought of men eyeing him up makes him feel uncomfortable, also there's nothing wrong with that.

So him asking for advice on how to put a stop to that, is wrong because??? We all have preferences as everyone regularly bangs on bout!

So what if he was being blunt. We all do it! I'm sure on a swingers site he didn't think he would be offending snowflakes

Don't be a hipocrite.Try offering him advice and not bite his head off.

OP go into your home page. Find message filters. Tick the option to ban single men from messaging you. If you're not a paid member, you won't see who has paid a visit to yoir profile.

"Homo is a short word for homosexual, is it not? So if the OP said no homosexuals, no one would be so jumped up about it no??

He said no homos because I'm straight. What's wrong with that? If the thought of men eyeing him up makes him feel uncomfortable, also there's nothing wrong with that.

So him asking for advice on how to put a stop to that, is wrong because??? We all have preferences as everyone regularly bangs on bout!

So what if he was being blunt. We all do it! I'm sure on a swingers site he didn't think he would be offending snowflakes

OP go into your home page. Find message filters. Tick the option to ban single men from messaging you. If you're not a paid member, you won't see who has paid a visit to yoir profile."

The reason that homo is such an offensive word is the history behind it and has been used for years as a derogatory term to those of the lgbtqia community.

It was used by people to disassociate themselves from anything deemed as queer and Reinforces that to be LGBTQIA is bad.

It's not being a snowflake just because people do not like a word that has been associated with bullying and hate crime for years

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

It’s just a word and it’s his profile, get over it dudes!

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"Homo is a short word for homosexual, is it not? So if the OP said no homosexuals, no one would be so jumped up about it no??

OP go into your home page. Find message filters. Tick the option to ban single men from messaging you. If you're not a paid member, you won't see who has paid a visit to yoir profile.

The reason that homo is such an offensive word is the history behind it and has been used for years as a derogatory term to those of the lgbtqia community.

It was used by people to disassociate themselves from anything deemed as queer and Reinforces that to be LGBTQIA is bad.

It's not being a snowflake just because people do not like a word that has been associated with bullying and hate crime for years "

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"Seems I get a lot of interest from blokes who can't read profiles. Any way I can hide profile from non-straight people's?"
Help me out here. I'm not a 'homo' as you so deliciously put it; I'm queer. I have looked at your profile. How does that make you feel? I know you also say you;re not queer so don't want bi meets but how about queer meats? Do you actually know the difference between bi, queer or homosexual / gay? I suspect not, but it might be interesting to know.

For all you know I've looked at you as we walk down the street, even if I was on the opposite side of the road. How does that make you feel? If you featured in my wank fantasy, would that make you uncomfortable?

You're safe of course; the last person I want to have sex with is someone who's repelled by the kind of sex I like, but I'll give you a top tip. More than one guy in my past has fallen into the category of 'methinks he doth protest too much', Many of my gay and queer friends have similar experiences, of guys who spend all their time telling the world how straight they are but end the night on their knees doing some serious cock worship. Your profile may, for some people, fall into the same category. Perhaps if you weren't so obsessed with telling us all how straight you are you might not attract guys who wonder if actually your secret desire is to explore your homo / queer side.....

Cramlington

OP go into your home page. Find message filters. Tick the option to ban single men from messaging you. If you're not a paid member, you won't see who has paid a visit to yoir profile."

I'm not going to get into the homo debate although I think the OP may be wise to consider when and where he uses that word, and how he says it, since a smack in the mouth often offends. (That's not a threat since I'm way past those days, just a bit of advice about risk management.) A quick look at the intensity of the debate here might make anyone think twice about using a word with such a pejorative history without due care and attention.

However it's your second paragraph intrigues me. What level of delusion do you have to be at to imagine that you can prevent people from 'eyeing you up'? You can't. It's as simple as that. You put your image out there, you live in the real world, and someone will look at you and desire you, or weave a fantasy around you. Like those daft messages people put on their profile about Sydney University or intellectual proeprty (and yes, the OP does that too) it's a fantasy of autonomy and control that has no relationship to reality.

Tart filling facility

I'd simply prefer to not open my mailbox to 'nice cock can I suck it' messages over and over from men who can't read or have zero respect.

I respect women, age ranges and whatever else they mention, only asking for the same respect.

Am option to block gay/bi men would be a welcome option to many straight blokes on here.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

There are numerous threads about this and all I can see they do is actually attract 'views' rather than what the O.P. desired

Tart filling facility

"There are numerous threads about this and all I can see they do is actually attract 'views' rather than what the O.P. desired "

Viewing isn't the problem, it's the barrage of messages, chat is fine, bit my profile clearly states what I'm not into.

Tart filling facility

OP go into your home page. Find message filters. Tick the option to ban single men from messaging you. If you're not a paid member, you won't see who has paid a visit to yoir profile.I'm not going to get into the homo debate although I think the OP may be wise to consider when and where he uses that word, and how he says it, since a smack in the mouth often offends. (That's not a threat since I'm way past those days, just a bit of advice about risk management.) A quick look at the intensity of the debate here might make anyone think twice about using a word with such a pejorative history without due care and attention.

However it's your second paragraph intrigues me. What level of delusion do you have to be at to imagine that you can prevent people from 'eyeing you up'? You can't. It's as simple as that. You put your image out there, you live in the real world, and someone will look at you and desire you, or weave a fantasy around you. Like those daft messages people put on their profile about Sydney University or intellectual proeprty (and yes, the OP does that too) it's a fantasy of autonomy and control that has no relationship to reality."

No discrespect intended for anyone, what they're into (or not into) should be respected,. I added 'no homos' (and there's no one here snowflakey enough to take that negatively) to my profile so that I might also have my wishes respected.

I don't really want to block men, as nothing wrong with a bit chat.

My profile does not mention 'Sidney university' anywhere, but it does politely ask people to respect my content.

Respect is the key word here, or shouldn't straight blokes get any?

Cramlington

OP go into your home page. Find message filters. Tick the option to ban single men from messaging you. If you're not a paid member, you won't see who has paid a visit to yoir profile.I'm not going to get into the homo debate although I think the OP may be wise to consider when and where he uses that word, and how he says it, since a smack in the mouth often offends. (That's not a threat since I'm way past those days, just a bit of advice about risk management.) A quick look at the intensity of the debate here might make anyone think twice about using a word with such a pejorative history without due care and attention.

However it's your second paragraph intrigues me. What level of delusion do you have to be at to imagine that you can prevent people from 'eyeing you up'? You can't. It's as simple as that. You put your image out there, you live in the real world, and someone will look at you and desire you, or weave a fantasy around you. Like those daft messages people put on their profile about Sydney University or intellectual proeprty (and yes, the OP does that too) it's a fantasy of autonomy and control that has no relationship to reality.

No discrespect intended for anyone, what they're into (or not into) should be respected,. I added 'no homos' (and there's no one here snowflakey enough to take that negatively) to my profile so that I might also have my wishes respected.

I don't really want to block men, as nothing wrong with a bit chat.

My profile does not mention 'Sidney university' anywhere, but it does politely ask people to respect my content.

Respect is the key word here, or shouldn't straight blokes get any?"

Put the shovel down sweety, digging a deeper hole is not a good option. You refer to your profile as your intellectual property as if that is some kind of enforceable right; you may imagine it is - I suspect the owners of this site would have a different view in theory, and in practice it's just pretentious bollocks. You aren't going to take anyone to court to enforce your rights, and if you did, you'd be laughed out of court.

You toss the snowflake word around as another of the insults of our time - anyone who doesn't like your language is, apparently, a snowflake. You get what you give, and if you don't respect others you aren't going to get any respect back.

Now, here's a reality. Whining about the kind of messages you get on here is just another kind of attention seeking. We all get messages we don't want; just as I assume that anyone with one of those 'no junk mail' stickers on their letterbox is an intolerant curmudgeon with no sense of proportion, all you're doing here is showing off how rude you can be without even thinking about how others feel about your words. Like I say, that may not be a good look, so you may want to put down the shovel stop digging and accept that we all get messages we'd rather not receive because it's part of the price of being on this site, and like, unwanted free newspapers, there may be unexpected benefits - you can always line the cat litter tray with junk mail and some of the messages we get on here are so deluded they're hilarious.

Tart filling facility

"Seems I get a lot of interest from blokes who can't read profiles. Any way I can hide profile from non-straight people's?Help me out here. I'm not a 'homo' as you so deliciously put it; I'm queer. I have looked at your profile. How does that make you feel? I know you also say you;re not queer so don't want bi meets but how about queer meats? Do you actually know the difference between bi, queer or homosexual / gay? I suspect not, but it might be interesting to know.

For all you know I've looked at you as we walk down the street....."

Look all you like, but then respect the content. Would I feel the need to sexually message a girl who clearly says 'no men', or no 'whatever'.

I've politely added to my profile, yet some don't seem to have any respect hence asking if there is a way to block said groups.

General 'chatty' messages from 'any' group is fine, there's a local bi dude I chat to on here, but he respects my profile.

I don't get this from TS/TV, Seems to me that it's a lot of the queer/bi/gay lot that don't understand what straight means - hence I added no homos.

Again. It comes down to respect.

Tart filling facility

"Put the shovel down sweety, digging a deeper hole is not a good option. You refer to your profile as your intellectual property as if that is some kind of enforceable right; you may imagine it is - I suspect the owners of this site would have a different view in theory, and in practice it's just pretentious bollocks. You aren't going to take anyone to court to enforce your rights, and if you did, you'd be laughed out of court.

You toss the snowflake word around as another of the insults of our time - anyone who doesn't like your language is, apparently, a snowflake. You get what you give, and if you don't respect others you aren't going to get any respect back.

Now, here's a reality. Whining about the kind of messages you get on here is just another kind of attention seeking. We all get messages we don't want; just as I assume that anyone with one of those 'no junk mail' stickers on their letterbox is an intolerant curmudgeon with no sense of proportion, all you're doing here is showing off how rude you can be without even thinking about how others feel about your words. Like I say, that may not be a good look, so you may want to put down the shovel stop digging and accept that we all get messages we'd rather not receive because it's part of the price of being on this site, and like, unwanted free newspapers, there may be unexpected benefits - you can always line the cat litter tray with junk mail and some of the messages we get on here are so deluded they're hilarious."

True, some are hilarious, but most are simply desperate.

You wouldn't expect a straight guy to message yous' after reading your profile (yes I can imagine) and hope you have fun, but as such I respect your wishes.

No shovel here, I'm sure I'm not the only guy who'd like am extra filter on messages.

Cramlington

"Put the shovel down sweety, digging a deeper hole is not a good option. You refer to your profile as your intellectual property as if that is some kind of enforceable right; you may imagine it is - I suspect the owners of this site would have a different view in theory, and in practice it's just pretentious bollocks. You aren't going to take anyone to court to enforce your rights, and if you did, you'd be laughed out of court.

Now, here's a reality. Whining about the kind of messages you get on here is just another kind of attention seeking. We all get messages we don't want; just as I assume that anyone with one of those 'no junk mail' stickers on their letterbox is an intolerant curmudgeon with no sense of proportion, all you're doing here is showing off how rude you can be without even thinking about how others feel about your words. Like I say, that may not be a good look, so you may want to put down the shovel stop digging and accept that we all get messages we'd rather not receive because it's part of the price of being on this site, and like, unwanted free newspapers, there may be unexpected benefits - you can always line the cat litter tray with junk mail and some of the messages we get on here are so deluded they're hilarious.

True, some are hilarious, but most are simply desperate.

You wouldn't expect a straight guy to message yous' after reading your profile (yes I can imagine) and hope you have fun, but as such I respect your wishes.

No shovel here, I'm sure I'm not the only guy who'd like am extra filter on messages."

I fully expect straight guys to message us, and they do. That's the point - the world won't do what you tell it to do, no matter how you phrase your requests.

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Following the feedback OP and you asking for respect,why dont you consider changing your profile and remove the two homo's and queer.

Not only would this show your respect but it would indicate some maturity on your part..

Ps fancy a fuck?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Following the feedback OP and you asking for respect,why dont you consider changing your profile and remove the two homo's and queer.

Not only would this show your respect but it would indicate some maturity on your part..

Ps fancy a fuck? "

Yes please, oh and to the OP, you can't stop men from looking but you can use your filters to stop them from messaging.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"I'd simply prefer to not open my mailbox to 'nice cock can I suck it' messages over and over from men who can't read or have zero respect.

I respect women, age ranges and whatever else they mention, only asking for the same respect.

Am option to block gay/bi men would be a welcome option to many straight blokes on here.

"

Why not block all men, plenty of men on here have straight on their profile but I'd put money on some having sucked more cock than I have

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

This is the Feedback section and the guy didn't ask for a profile critique so please stop.

OP

As others have said you can't stop any gender from viewing your profile, and you seem to know about message filters, so currently you can either block all men from mailing you and search yourself for those you wish to chat with or live with the cock pics.

But Admin do read these threads.

I get it all the time, a polite decline usually does the trick

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I get it all the time, a polite decline usually does the trick "

Or as faq states, no reply means no interest, its not considered rude.

I'm no, but I wish I could turn off male sexual attention on Fab as well. To be honest, listing yourself as bisexual cuts the male interest in half

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I'd simply prefer to not open my mailbox to 'nice cock can I suck it' messages"

Then put the cock away

It’s well known in here that most women don’t like a cock pic.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I see the op has removed the offensive wording on his profile tho to imply beastiality as a preference seems odd lol

By *nfamousbutFunWoman  over a year ago

Maidenhead

Didn't have the joy of seeing the original profile but the "updated" one is a hoot. When discussing safe sex OP why place a ban on women with partners who have sex with men?

1. Not everyone who looks at your profile is interested in that sense. A lot of men check out the local competition.

2. Some people are SO desperate, they don't read profiles.

3. Some are so up their own arse, they can't even imagine you NOT wanting them. So if ignore hard rules.

4. I'm not sure why you're getting upset over bi/gay/trans people looking at your profile. I'd understand if they fabbed/winked/messaged after though, if you've made it clear that attention is unwanted.

5. Ignore the "Doth protest too much" Or "Fabstraight" Comments aimed in your direction. That's just people being mean.

6. If you'd chosen to think more carefully about the words you'd used.. youd have gotten less flak.

7. The LGBT community gets a lot of flak for just being who they are. Discriminated against, even in a relatively liberal environment like Fab. People who think we're all high risk and don't respect boundaries. So your intolerance (words you used paint that impression) won't go unchallenged.

8. I think people should be allowed to block certain groups. I'd like to block men from sending me sex messages, but I can't. No point moaning about it. Talking to the forum men is important enough for me to leave it open regardless.

9. Consider changing your status to bisexual if all else fails. Male and trans interest seems to drop like a lead balloon. Odd I know, but worth a punt. Doesn't seem to bother MOST women and couples though. Many find us more intriguing for it.

10. How's you feel about playing with females who have sex with a go man like me? Would that put you off? If so, you'd best leave Fab now. Cos everybody loves Ghengis (jooooke)

Jesus! All he wanted to know was could he block non-straight folk. Some people.....

You have the option to block men, you choose not to. You don't have to have a cock photo on display if it's attracting men but you have. This is fab, no one reads profiles or if they do they ignore them and try their luck anyway. Can't see why it bothers you so much when you can do something about it but choose not to.

I have no desires to quote any commenter on this thread, but thank to one and all for a lovley entertaining read

They seem to be the most passive-aggressive people on here and many of the responses demonstrate that. If people want to be taken seriously then demonstrate respect for those who have differences to you. Unfortunately it does demonstrate all too quickly personal issues some have with themselves. There's a lot of anti straight feeling creeping in here on fab. The hypocrisy is startling and it gives many decent respectful biguys a bad name. So do yourselves a favour and be helpful or bugger off. No pun intended either.

» Add a new message to this topic