FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Possible scam

Possible scam

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *k_guy3468 OP   Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has come across this on the site.

I got chatting to a single female who then suggested we chat on Kik. After a few days she messaged to say that she was deleting kik and would I like to arrange a meeting. I agreed a date, and before I could say anything else she messaged to say that she had booked a hotel room. She sent a screenshot of the booking confirmation, although the room type and cost were not shown. She then asked me to pay half, which I'd already agreed. However she wanted this done by bank transfer, sending through her account details. By now I was getting a weird feeling, so checked the sort code and it was connected to an account registered miles away.

It all felt very strange, maybe I'm being too cautious so I blocked her. Just wondered if anyone has come across this?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *eorge n DragonCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

Wouldnt say possible scam. Would say it is.

Think your spider senses are right and avoid at all costs.

Although no problems with the going half on hotel. No one should send money to anyone they do not know like this.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds like a scam

If i book a room i dont expect half. If they want to buy a few drinks thats all good

By *k_guy3468 OP   Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Thanks for the responses. Have to say I felt the same. Was more than happy to go halves on the room and in fact there was an option to pay on check in. All very strange, when I questioned it they threatened to post on the forums here that I'm a time waster!

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Please report the profile so we can take action

Admin x