FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Should not be able to post if blocked

Should not be able to post if blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You should have it if you have blocked someone they shouldn't be able to post on your posts on the forums.

I have someone keeps postings rubbish on my post and I have blocked them .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uck427Man  over a year ago

wales

I think you can I've seen some who have blocked me only because we knew each other and it got a bit tricky

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They might have somthing interesting to say that os relevant to the post and might help others

So long as the blocked person is participating in the subject of the thread - and not using it as a way to communicate/side-step your message filters - they are not breaking Site/Forum Rules.

If they do break the rules, you can report the posts and Admin will sort it.

If they are disrupting the post report them.

Other than that no one has control over who can and can't post on a public forum.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"You should have it if you have blocked someone they shouldn't be able to post on your posts on the forums.

I have someone keeps postings rubbish on my post and I have blocked them ."

If people who had blocked each other couldn't post on threads the conversation would make zero sense.

Not that it does make sense a lot of the time.

If they reply to one of your comments then you can just politely say you know you've been blocked and it's against rules to bypass blocks by reply here. If they persist, you can then report them. Other than that they can comment on any other comments freely unless it's storing up dirty laundry then report as such.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"If they reply to one of your comments then you can just politely say you know you've been blocked and it's against rules to bypass blocks by reply here. If they persist, you can then report them. Other than that they can comment on any other comments freely unless it's storing up dirty laundry then report as such."

It isn't against site rules to comment on a thread or quote a comment from a profile that has blocked you.

Asking them to get in touch, why they blocked you etc will get you a time out.

On a popular social media site if you have blocked someone they don't show up at all . This might be the best way for admin to review this.As sometimes people that you have blocked can click on the green arrow on the forums to see what they're up to .. Saves giving the stalkers any information. I know a couple of single female friends that have been very distressed with something similar to this

It will just encourage the wrong-doer to open up multi profiles...

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

I understand it might be annoying but the forums are deliberately open. If they overstep the mark though, report them. If they’re just snide and attempt to get a rise out of you, don’t respond. Look at it this way - if they feel the need to keep tabs on you and try to antagonise you, you must be a lot more important to them than they are to you.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"You should have it if you have blocked someone they shouldn't be able to post on your posts on the forums.

I have someone keeps postings rubbish on my post and I have blocked them ."

Are you a grown adult?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"If they reply to one of your comments then you can just politely say you know you've been blocked and it's against rules to bypass blocks by reply here. If they persist, you can then report them. Other than that they can comment on any other comments freely unless it's storing up dirty laundry then report as such."

You can't mention a block in the forums, you will get a forum timeout.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"If they reply to one of your comments then you can just politely say you know you've been blocked and it's against rules to bypass blocks by reply here. If they persist, you can then report them. Other than that they can comment on any other comments freely unless it's storing up dirty laundry then report as such.

You can't mention a block in the forums, you will get a forum timeout."

You can talk about being blocked, you just can't use the forums to get around a block and try to talk to the person you've blocked about things other than the topic of the thread in question.

chelmsford

"If they reply to one of your comments then you can just politely say you know you've been blocked and it's against rules to bypass blocks by reply here. If they persist, you can then report them. Other than that they can comment on any other comments freely unless it's storing up dirty laundry then report as such.

You can talk about being blocked, you just can't use the forums to get around a block and try to talk to the person you've blocked about things other than the topic of the thread in question. "

I don't think you can say if someone has blocked you, hopefully a mod can confirm that for us

chelmsford

You can talk about being blocked, you just can't use the forums to get around a block and try to talk to the person you've blocked about things other than the topic of the thread in question. "

So just had it confirmed on site help, that you can't talk about being blocked on an open forum

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

So just had it confirmed on site help, that you can't talk about being blocked on an open forum "

It might be best to wait until a mod clarifies a question like this as other people may be wrong

To clarify the block rule

Asking someone why you are blocked/ asking them to unblock you/ complaining that a certain person has blocked you / asking them to unblock their filters / putting someone on the spot because they have blocked you is all against forum rules.

Answering someone on a thread when that person has blocked you or you have blocked them is fine as long as you are not making a nuisance of yourself

chelmsford

"

So just had it confirmed on site help, that you can't talk about being blocked on an open forum

It might be best to wait until a mod clarifies a question like this as other people may be wrong

To clarify the block rule

Asking someone why you are blocked/ asking them to unblock you/ complaining that a certain person has blocked you / asking them to unblock their filters / putting someone on the spot because they have blocked you is all against forum rules.

Answering someone on a thread when that person has blocked you or you have blocked them is fine as long as you are not making a nuisance of yourself"

Thank you, I don't know who all the mods are, but it's sorted now

» Add a new message to this topic