FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > 40's+ room

40's+ room

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

ok guys ...would it be possible to have a 40's+ room? i for one am tired of being castigated and ridiculed because of my age.i KNOW there would be a lot of backing for this room as i jokingly suggested it in the chat room .....the responce was overwhelming ....so ...please can we have a 40's+ room to play in ??....views on this subject are of course invited from all

jim

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

way hay im for it cos i 40 now lol,perhaps 30s too fo rthe youger ones

Hey, this sounds like a really great idea jimjan. Lets try and make it happen

well it is up to site admin ...unfortunately i dont have the power to make this work ..but i would deffo give it my full support as would jan ...30's room ? ....why not? damn good idea we do seem to have one or two little used rooms on here

jim

By *anenkevukCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

good idea even thou im not 40 but can i gate crash lol

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

great idea , im wiv ya all the way jim sounds like a top idea to me.

we really need to make this an opinion poll ...let admin know the full weight of support this idea has ....errrr anyone know how to do it ?

jim

pm sj jim n give her ur views on the room

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

We would love an over 40 room, only problem is that it would be the best room and all the youngsters would come in as well LOL

Seriously though, we do think it is a good idea and would use it, perhaps all the time!!!

Pete & Les xxxx

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I can see in theory that this might be a good idea but how would it be moderated? Are you not allowed in unless you are over 40? Would people be kicked if they were under 40 etc?

hi _ilandlarry ...quite simply no one under 40 would be alowed in ...its done on other chatsites i use i cant of course mention them ...but it works and it works quite well ..we all had to put in our birthdates when we signed up ...this can be utilised to stop under 40's getting in ...and i for one would be more than happy to sit in the room all night to moderate it

jim

as an addendum to my last post im a big fan of setting up rooms by age groups as opposed to areas ...and maybe restricting rooms to said age groups is a little unfair as im sure many couples/singles may like to play with younger/older people ....but with the right moderation it would work just as it does now

jim

"hi _ilandlarry ...quite simply no one under 40 would be alowed in ...its done on other chatsites i use i cant of course mention them ...but it works and it works quite well ..we all had to put in our birthdates when we signed up ...this can be utilised to stop under 40's getting in ...and i for one would be more than happy to sit in the room all night to moderate it

jim"

Hi Jim, personaly I am not sure about this, yes the 40`s room may work and be popular, but to make it a 40`s room ONLY, I am not so sure about.

It may well work on other sites, but it is still discrimination, add to that many people who are 40 like younger people, who under those rules would not be allowed in,..and many younger folk like older swingers,..again they would not be allowed to chat to them in a forum.

So let say thats agreed on,..then you have to hold an open forum,..and as said before, you will get many ages entering,..so it suddenly becomes a room for all ages.

Not sure of the idea at all

S&A

may i point out my addendum stuart? ....the thing is ..we would still have the general chat room ...problem solved ...an area for all ages to congregate and an area for 40+ ....i still think its a good idea and so would many others

at the end of the day ...how often does the "california" room get used ? possibly we could have a trial period to see if a 40's room is viable ? lots of possibilities so to candem the idea as not viable is possibly premature

jim

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think it is a great idea to have ages rooms 20's/30's/40's etc but I don't think they should be locked down so only that age group can enter.

"may i point out my addendum stuart? ....the thing is ..we would still have the general chat room ...problem solved ...an area for all ages to congregate and an area for 40+ ....i still think its a good idea and so would many others

at the end of the day ...how often does the "california" room get used ? possibly we could have a trial period to see if a 40's room is viable ? lots of possibilities so to candem the idea as not viable is possibly premature

jim

"

Well Jim I cant argue with you, you make your point well, it was just a thought, but it wouldnt be long before you would need to put in rooms for each of the age groups as well.

S&A

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

As I see it, the 40+ room would be exclusive and there would have to be an under 40 room as well. Apart from that there can also be a general room for everyone to mix in.

Sugarnspice... Here we go with the old "PC" stuff.. The word "discrimination" is often over used and nearly always innapropriately, just as in this case!!! If I would much rather mix with my own age group, that is a preference not discrimination!! I am not saying I don't want them to exist, just that I want to mix with people of a certain age group.

Take for an instance of discrimination the "Race for Life". Are you up in arms because it is for women only, even though it is for all cancer? Now that IS discrimination, plain and simple, but never hear complaints about it!

Pete

again stuart ...if you read the fourth post in the list i have already suggested that this would be a good idea and i think i also said maybe making the room/s only accessable to those age groups was wrong ...ill have to check back ...but you have to agree ...in principal...it is a damn good idea and one worthy of consideration by admin /site owners

jim

well done _umour ..eloquently put ...you have hit the gist of my idea squarely on the head ...and in much better terms than my efforts lol lol

all banter aside i would really like to hear the site owners views on this matter ...after all they are the people who can make this a reality or condem the idea to the pit.

i strongly believe though it should be taken under consideration and a trial period at least, be granted,come on sj...comments please ! ! !

jim

So what happens if one half of a couple is 43 and the other is only 35?

In all honesty we don’t use chat, but what your proposing is to exclude certain members of the site from certain rooms, by all means have an over 40+ room, but anyone should be welcome, and the fact your willing to sit in the room all night and moderate it to make sure anyone under 40 who enters gets kicked is rather worrying.

Does the fact you only meet prople over 40 have any relevance to this idea?

i didnt in all honesty say that anyone under forty would be kicked/excluded...i merely said i would be willing to moderate such a room ...obviously if one half of the couple were 40 and the other were under said age then they would be able to enter the room and use it ....i beleive ANY age should be able to use it and NO ONE be excluded

changing the subject slightly ...i sit most nights till 4 or 5 am monitoring ALL the rooms and rarely have to kick/ban anyone

jim

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Exactly, and why a locked down room for just certaina ges probably wouldn't work......but the idea is great, if anyone is allowed in.

If people are not on the same wave length they will always move rooms.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

With respect Jim, you did say underage of 40 wouldn't even be allowed in to get kicked out. x

in answer to the "only meet people over 40" remark ...no ...not at all ...that is a guide line rather than a hard and fast rule and has no bearing whatsoever on this matter.

this whole idea was suggested in the chat room earlier and i said ok sounds a good idea ill see what i can do. we have no ageist tendencies or philosophies so your last remark hardly counts,and if i may respectfully suggest, is rather rude

jim

i stand corrected and i deeply apologise ...i did say that yes ...how ever ..this was in answer to a question posed by another user .....i still maitain that the proposed room should be open to all

jim

We would'nt have commented otherwise, we took it you meant it and were serious when your felt the need to mention it works on another site and you'd be happy to moderate it.

We don’t see and problem with having a 40+ room, it was the fact you mentioned the exclusive to 40+ that worryied us, that in itself would just undermine everyone who has ever defended this site and argued there is no clique present.

As for being rude? asking if it had any relevance was a question not an assumption.

sexaholics ... i apologise for the comment ... having re read your original post i see that i misread it and in fact there was no rudeness intended please accept my apology.

going back to the original nature of this disscusion ..as far as i can see it is a simple matter of changing the little used "california" room name to 40's room ...maybe im mistaken ...maybe no one would use it ....lets give it a go .....what say you site owners ??

We personaly don't use the chatrooms but think a 40+ room would be a good idea.However it must be exclusively for over 40's or it defeats the object.

If younger people want to chat to over 40's or vice versa,its easy enough to mail each other and then go into the open chat room.Good Luck.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't think any age group should get favouritism.

Most sites cover all ages.

unfortunately ,or not, as the case maybe i agree with rugbycouple however thanks trace and ric for your support greatly appreciated

jim

Get lost you old bastards wanting your own room....oh hang on though...

What a brilliant idea!!!

"I don't think any age group should get favouritism.

Most sites cover all ages."

here here

well said

"Get lost you old bastards wanting your own room....oh hang on though...

What a brilliant idea!!!"

in response to bigfella ....oh dear ..there is always one ...i sincerely hope admin read this and that both you and your offensive post are removed.

in response to unusual_suspect ....if you read the whole thread you would see that i agree with rugbycouple and there should be NO favouritism toward any age groups at all

jim

Not wishing to sound rude, but if an over 40's room is created, then will there be requests for under 30's, under 20's, Over 60's, fetish, BDSM and heaven knows what other rooms ?

Personally we think it's fine as it is ....

"

Take for an instance of discrimination the "Race for Life". Are you up in arms because it is for women only, even though it is for all cancer? Now that IS discrimination, plain and simple, but never hear complaints about it!

Pete"

Digressing from the topic for one minute ....... I agree with you here Pete, I'm doing the Great North Run in September and I fancied doing the Race for Life and I cannot - it's a disgrace !

"With respect Jim, you did say underage of 40 wouldn't even be allowed in to get kicked out. x"

No argument there .....

"hi _ilandlarry ...quite simply no one under 40 would be alowed in"

10th post from the top

"

i dont think you were being rude at all ...in fact it is a very good question.yes the site works fine as it is i agree.again i agree there may be a call for such rooms as you suggest,but the whole nub of the suggestion to create a 40's room,is for a quiet little corner for us old uns to congregate and have a quiet chat away from the manic(delightful and entertaing as it is)general chatroom.and all said and done it IS only a suggestion after all

jim

"i stand corrected and i deeply apologise ...i did say that yes ...how ever ..this was in answer to a question posed by another user .....i still maitain that the proposed room should be open to all

jim

"

in answer redhot ...may i draw your attention to this post (number 25 i think in the thread)

addendum:im begining to wonder how big this can of worms i have opened is.what started out as a question to admin/site owners has escalated,it seems,into a monster of which quatermass himself would be terrified.maybe i have bitten off more than i can chew here?...perhaps i should just let it go? that said ..i have thoroughly enjoyed the discussion and have entered more posts on this thread, than i have in my entire time on fab(somewhat over a year).damn it all ....let the discussion continue............next comment please

jim

"i stand corrected and i deeply apologise ...i did say that yes ...how ever ..this was in answer to a question posed by another user .....i still maitain that the proposed room should be open to all

jim

Aaal rite bonnie lad, ah haddunt noticed it. After aal it was a bit sharp of a Munda mornin' in a damp miserable Ashington

in answer redhot ...may i draw your attention to this post (number 25 i think in the thread)"

jim

in answer redhot ...may i draw your attention to this post (number 25 i think in the thread)"

Aaal rite bonnie lad, ah haddunt noticed it. After aal it was a bit sharp of a Munda mornin' in a damp miserable Ashington

whey man a knaa...ita aaful up there ofa munda morn hinny,anywayuh wat fettle the day bonny lad/lass

jim

"whey man a knaa...ita aaful up there ofa munda morn hinny,anywayuh wat fettle the day bonny lad/lass

jim"

Wah both champion man, cos nen of us are gannem ti work the day - wi both hev wa days of on Munda

i think it is a good idea, as i know some people get hassled by they older and the younger when they dont want to and i tink nothing wrong with having a place to go where u can chat about things that suit ur age as the young ones can be a bit sex mad and not every one wanna talk about sex and stuff. so i say go for it!

kitty ... is that you ? really i mean ?

im pleasently suprised and appreciative of your rare support its not often a moderator gets it ....i am,of course, kidding.its good to have you with us on this one

jim

oi jim, i love 99 % of the mods lol

it probably would save hassle havin a 40s+ room but wouldnt stop the can i have a sex lesson from an older woman brigade, but would be upforit tho,

what an absolute pleasure it has been to take part in what has turned out to be a very good,well presented,informative discussion with,save the exception of one,like minded adults i think the concensus of opinion is slighty,but very slightly,in favour of the suggested 40+ room.i eagerly await the input of _j_mark as site owners,as we could kick this about till hell freezes over ,which,im reliably informed,it nearly did on the 13th of this month.but alas without the blessings,or otherwise,of the aforementiond a suggestion it will remain. i thank you all sincerely for your input.

best regards to all ....jim

"oi jim, i love 99 % of the mods lol"

Go on then Kitty, tell us who the unfortunate 1% is ?

tsk tsk ...no name and shame ....lol

"tsk tsk ...no name and shame ....lol "

Maybe thats the best answer - we could be that 1% lol

"

Sugarnspice... Here we go with the old "PC" stuff.. The word "discrimination" is often over used and nearly always innapropriately, just as in this case!!! If I would much rather mix with my own age group, that is a preference not discrimination!! I am not saying I don't want them to exist, just that I want to mix with people of a certain age group.

Pete"

Hi Pete,.. I do see what you mean, and I tend to agree with you in a general sense, but we have to look at this from a site owners point of view.

If one person see`s a 40`s room, and thinks that they should get a 20`s room, they are going to ask for it, and if refused, could well say that they are being disciminated against because they are not 40 something.

We tend to agree with the idea in principle, but if you have one, you have to have all, if only to stop your problems before they start,... maybe it could be met half way, and have something like an under 30`s,.. 30 - 50`s and over 50`s,.. but I still think you would get problems going for just the one 40`s room

S&A

A 40+ room which is exclusively for 40+ folk is not an unreasonable request and the fact that it being asked for and supported means there is a perceived need for it.

The site is populated with as diverse a mix of folk as anyone could possibly imagine and catering for everyone individual/group tastes is not beyond the wit of man. I am not sure why giving folk the option to chat exclusively with folk from their chosen grouping is causing some folk discomfort, unless it's just angst at missing out on something, as it's already in place on this site. Amongst the current rooms we have the chat and directing rooms both of which serve completely different needs and have separate sets of rules but happily co exist.

Giving those who wish to chat to 40+ folk only or BDSM lovers etc etc is not unreasonable. There will always lots of folk who enjoy the fast pace of the chat rooms and many will spend there time in there but conversely there is a request for this facility on the table so giving it a spin should not be discounted.

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

Well what can one say that has not already been said. !!

Jan

Fabville !!!

Well what can one say that has not already been said. !!

Jan

P.s. I have done the Race For Life every year hehehe

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We think this is a reasonable request we will add one for a trial period shortly

What happens if you are a couple and one is in their 40s and the partner is in there 30s

"tsk tsk ...no name and shame ....lol

Maybe thats the best answer - we could be that 1% lol"

it never be u i love u both mawwwwwwwwh xxxxxxxx lol but stop trying to get me banned ya sods hahah

By *leaminglarssonCouple  over a year ago

ruslington

i think its a great idea sick of kitty pestering me for sex lol

ruslington

"What happens if you are a couple and one is in their 40s and the partner is in there 30s"

well im 40 and gleams is 35 so i would think we use common sence and a couple with one 40plus can use the room

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It does sound a good idea, usually over 40s prefer too chat about different things than 20 year olds lol. Only problem with being strict on age is what if your a couple and one is over 40 and one isnt or your 37 and your friends are over 40. What about having something like (this is just an example)chat rooms called something like whipper snappers, middle of the road and silver surfers, thats just an idea so that you can tell there of different ages but someone of 50 may be on par with a 30 year old and some one of 30 with a 50 year old. But by naming rooms such as the example people would be able to tell the "pace" of the room or what sort of things would be discussed.

But in general a good ideaxkarenxx

may i say i am overwhelmed at the support this idea has had,the controversy it has caused,and also the well written,logical,and above all,sensible debate it has brought about.it would seem that our esteemed admin also like the idea as we have been granted a trial period.a great day for the members of this site,and, i feel, a victory to those of us of a middle age disposition.

jim

Fabville !!!

well bloody hell and can i say i am most impressed by all the big fancy words (now where did i put the dictionary).

Lets see how it goes.. fingers crossed

jan

Forum Mod

O o O oo

This is just a hunch, but I think jim could be happy today

I think many of us are happy, even those of us who have a few doubts, it turned out to be the best of threads discused well and a promised result at the end of it,... I realy hope it works

Well done Jim, you made a good arguement

S&A

thanks everyone im filling up here lol it was a fabby debate though

jim

Fabville !!!

I agree hehehe.. Its nice to see a thread with some active debate. but not the nastiness that has been observed in other threads in the past.

Thanks all for giving this idea your support.

jan

By *azmalcCouple  over a year ago

derby

we agree with wat your doing jim jan its a gr8 idear this way u dont get to snide remarks from the young swingers who think they invented swinging good luck

The real test will be to see if the chat room is exclusively for those over 40 folk

So what happens if someone is in the room and is over 40 ???

Do we boot them out, or ignore them, and how are we supposed to know their age in the first place ?

Just out of interest .....

*****Under 40******

Edit Button !

Thats for Fabswingers to sort but the original request was for a chat room for over 40's

If it's not exclusive you may as well call it the porridge,spleen or sheep room as it will simply not be doing what it says on the tin.

why are there so many negative and pessamistic people on this site ....and why do people,who are rarely, if ever, seen in the chatrooms, care if it "does what it says on the tin".it is a 40's PLUS room it matters not wether they are over forty ...reading some of the posts about this room , i wonder why i bothered suggesting it in the first place,but that then makes me as negative as some of the others.lets have some positivity people ! ! ! ...admin and site owners seem to think it is a reasonable idea,why cant you ?

jim......instigator and wholehearted supporter of, the 40's PLUS !!! room

not everyone will think its a good idea jim, its life lol

ruslington

lets just get it up and running and see how it gose from there

Fabville !!!

ooooooooooooo jolly good idea.. I love "getting it up"

"why are there so many negative and pessimistic people on this site ....and why do people,who are rarely, if ever, seen in the chatrooms, care if it "does what it says on the tin".it is a 40's PLUS room it matters not wether they are over forty ...reading some of the posts about this room , i wonder why i bothered suggesting it in the first place,but that then makes me as negative as some of the others.lets have some positivity people ! ! ! ...admin and site owners seem to think it is a reasonable idea,why cant you ?

jim......instigator and wholehearted supporter of, the 40's PLUS !!! room"

Jim,

If you pause for second and take a deep breath can I suggest you go back through the thread and look for the post where we gave this notion a big thumbs up!

You are correct in that we seldom go into the chat rooms but did you ever consider why?

One of the chat rooms is full of guys on cams with their cocks out wanking furiously whilst typing one handed.....

The other is normally clickier than a flamenco dancers heels so neither works for us but what you propose does.

However where our opinions diverge slightly is that I think the room should be exclusively for those over 40 or it will simply just be another chat room.

We would relish the chance to be able to chat amongst similar aged folk but simply re badging a chat room will not solve the problem. I sincerely hope to be proved wrong but the cynic in me says that if it becomes popular then every tom dick and harry will be in there which kind of defeats the object.

i think if your gonna make a over 40s room and only over 40s are allowed in it then there should be over age group rooms as well, as it would not be fair for people to not be allowed to 'hang' about with the over 40s and the over 40s have the run of the chatrooms with no restrictionsa.

i dont disagree with the plan, just think it should be fair for everyone

Could not agree more Kitty, and providing rooms for BDSM and all the other sexual persuasions would be great as well.

Imagine being able to go into a chat room and speak with like minded folk about your special likes and dislikes and not have the worry that some simple fecker is sat at his computer screen laughing like a girl.

Not sure if that will ever happen or even if it's possible but lets see what happens with this project first and take things on from there.

Fabville !!!

It does not matter who posts what but people will either always "have a go" or agree.

And any new idea is always agreed upon by some or vice versa, its not easy to please everyone

I just wanted to point out that this is a FREE site and the new owners have been great as regards new ideas/suggestions. Whatever is done will not always please everyone.

Thanks to those that gave this their backing.

ok!!! i wll get off me soapbox now and shutup lol

jan

Well its here, so try to make it work.

and two2bonkwith, unfortunately guys over 40 can also sit on cam and wank in the chat rooms, so having a 40+ room won't stop this.

"and two2bonkwith, unfortunately guys over 40 can also sit on cam and wank in the chat rooms, so having a 40+ room won't stop this."

Can you point out anywhere on the site where I suggested otherwise.........

Just to re emphasise we fully support the 40+ idea but for us, and I say again, FOR US the GTI version would be Exclusively 40 +

"Get lost you old bastards wanting your own room....oh hang on though...

What a brilliant idea!!!

in response to bigfella ....oh dear ..there is always one ...i sincerely hope admin read this and that both you and your offensive post are removed.

in response to unusual_suspect ....if you read the whole thread you would see that i agree with rugbycouple and there should be NO favouritism toward any age groups at all

jim "

Oh dear Jim.....humour...head....Zoom lol, obviously never read any of my posts then!!!

» Add a new message to this topic