FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fake accounts

Fake accounts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oupleforfun31 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bradford

I think more needs to be done about the amount of fake profiles on the site, it's only £5 for site supporters so why not get rid of the free accounts.

It would deter some of them at least.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Use message filters to prevent non site supporters from contacting you and don't contact them yourself. That will achieve what you're suggesting

Bradford

"Use message filters to prevent non site supporters from contacting you and don't contact them yourself. That will achieve what you're suggesting "

I was suggesting a way to deter them from joining in the first place.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Amazing how many go silent when you insist on seeing them on camera, I do it with everyone. Lot of fakes on here but same on all sites and apps

Bradford

We just Google image search anyone we talk to, we find on average 3 fakes a day.

"Amazing how many go silent when you insist on seeing them on camera, I do it with everyone. Lot of fakes on here but same on all sites and apps"

That doesn't make them fake

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"I think more needs to be done about the amount of fake profiles on the site, it's only £5 for site supporters so why not get rid of the free accounts.

It would deter some of them at least. "

Charging £5 per month will not stop fake accounts.

I'm not a site supporter but I'm also not a fake.

"Amazing how many go silent when you insist on seeing them on camera, I do it with everyone. Lot of fakes on here but same on all sites and apps"

We wouldn't go on camera for anyone, we don't do picture swopping x

"Use message filters to prevent non site supporters from contacting you and don't contact them yourself. That will achieve what you're suggesting

I was suggesting a way to deter them from joining in the first place. "

It would not deter them and would just punish all the members who do not pay but are real.

"I think more needs to be done about the amount of fake profiles on the site, it's only £5 for site supporters so why not get rid of the free accounts.

Your thread is in the wrong forum section too, this is site help, you should be posting in the feedback section.

Bradford

Your thread is in the wrong forum section too, this is site help, you should be posting in the feedback section. "

Pretty sure it's not gonna make a difference, nothings done to improve the site anyway.

Your thread is in the wrong forum section too, this is site help, you should be posting in the feedback section.

Pretty sure it's not gonna make a difference, nothings done to improve the site anyway. "

What's a fake profile, it always makes me chuckle, no idea what one looks for but all people I have spoken to have been genuine real people who chat away does fake not mean not real , as in a person does not exist then who messages I am really curious as I see this popping up in all the forums, usually when someone is not getting interest or knock backs they decide the profile is fake

"Amazing how many go silent when you insist on seeing them on camera, I do it with everyone. Lot of fakes on here but same on all sites and apps

We wouldn't go on camera for anyone, we don't do picture swopping x"

It is not for cam sex or for long conversations, I tell anyone I am going to meet we need a quick camera verification to prove real, like a 1 minute interaction. It is not difficult to do and is logical to prove the profile is real. Makes me suspicious if people resist, I block and move on

I am not here for cam directors and phone apps can also be a way of seeing who they are. Talk to them on the phone another way.

Fab does not know who is fake on joining and cannot sit there all day checking.

Just because they don't pay does not make them fake. It's a free site.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We won't go on cam or speak on the phone we don't ask the people we meet to either. So far we have never had a no show and any single guys posing as couples have been sussed out before meeting has been discussed. We always meet socially only first, so we know the people are real. This doesn't prevent the ones who have sent old photos or lied about their age however

Bradford

Pretty sure it's not gonna make a difference, nothings done to improve the site anyway.

What's a fake profile, it always makes me chuckle, no idea what one looks for but all people I have spoken to have been genuine real people who chat away does fake not mean not real , as in a person does not exist then who messages I am really curious as I see this popping up in all the forums, usually when someone is not getting interest or knock backs they decide the profile is fake "

I think a fake profile is self explanatory, someone (usually a single male) pretending to be a single female by using pictures they found on Google.

It's a free site

No need to pay so no need to pretend.

Check by cam is a good way.

Apps can help you find out

A mandatory £5 a month wont deter anyone who was not interested in meeting.

A fake profile usually male/ex-male half of couple/couple where the fem half is not active or possibly has no knowledge.

Even face verification can be falsified.

£5 for someone who wants sexy pics to wank over is nothing,if you don't understand that then you'll never understand that a lot of men pay women outlandish amounts of money for a pantie pic,nipple shot,fanny shot, even if they aren't sure the female is genuine lol

Granted I report images that I find, normally the profiles disappear anyway.

I cant do the £5membership !

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Free membership encourages people to create multiple profiles and thereby multiple personalities that they can use to troll, work or simply play along on the site.

I actually think that multiple profiles is more damaging than fake profiles because you can generally sniff out a fake quote easily. The issue with multiple profiles is that you don’t know if you are talking to the real person, their alias or an alter ego.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Anything can be faked. A friend of mine says "I assume nothing until I'm balls deep". A little crass, but to the point. Ask your own questions, gather your own evidence, take responsibility for yourselves. The site provides tools to do this.

By *r loveslickinMan  over a year ago

Deeside

You often see the same profiles again and again

Another give away is time when joined then gone off line within minutes of setting up account

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Trolls can often afford a fiver anyway.

Also, it would put of those people who are just having a look and are not sure if this is right for them. When we first joined, the forums were really useful for getting a feel for swinging was all about before trying to meet with someone.

Cal

What's a fake profile, it always makes me chuckle, no idea what one looks for but all people I have spoken to have been genuine real people who chat away does fake not mean not real , as in a person does not exist then who messages I am really curious as I see this popping up in all the forums, usually when someone is not getting interest or knock backs they decide the profile is fake "

If you were a man looking at female profiles, you would soon find out. Too many men pretending to be women and using photos taken from the internet. Reverse image search is a handy tool.

If the Fab admin bothered to do this before approving photos, there would be a lot less fakes.

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

It would more likely deter more genuine accounts than anything

By *ax_uk_2009Man  over a year ago

Wilmslow

Interesting idea. Let’s penalise people who don’t want to give out their credit card details or phone numbers to a website that may or may not have suitable security and may or may not sell on information. Hmmmmm

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Define what you mean by fake OP. Someone who has no pics? Doesn't meet? Uses fab to keep in touch with friends? People have different definitions of this. What is fake to one person isn't to another.

kent

"Define what you mean by fake OP. Someone who has no pics? Doesn't meet? Uses fab to keep in touch with friends? "

That's us down to a tee.

"Define what you mean by fake OP. Someone who has no pics? Doesn't meet? Uses fab to keep in touch with friends? People have different definitions of this. What is fake to one person isn't to another. "

Good point there!

This whole "fake" subject is a difficult one to clamp down. All we know is there are many "setup" profiles out there... when I was living in London my local updates was full of questionable status updates. Different ways for them asking for the site supporter code etc these profiles come and go quick. They hide/delete move on and create multiple profiles.

Here in the Midlands similar, but not as much. I saw one with a holiday update... thought I test it... reply was instant and looking for free holiday!?

What the...

You will always get all sorts on here, but not easy to solve this problem so all we can do is not get duped by who ever it is. Whatever you do please don't part with any money, book hotels etc best method is to meet in person. Socially in a safe public place or at events/clubs.

Even after you have met the person and they start saying things like paying for club entrances, buying drinks etc be careful of the persons intentions... if you feel something is not right don't rush into things just for the "horn". The fake ones tend to move on quick when they realise can't get nothing from you.

"Define what you mean by fake OP. Someone who has no pics? Doesn't meet? Uses fab to keep in touch with friends? People have different definitions of this. What is fake to one person isn't to another. "

I suppose the only issue I could have by chatting with a fake Is that could be someone I blocked but anyway the fraud won't go far.

We arent fake. Weve supported for ages but the lack of interested couples has prompted us not to bother with site support

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Define what you mean by fake OP. Someone who has no pics? Doesn't meet? Uses fab to keep in touch with friends?

That's us down to a tee. "

And that's totally your choice.

"Use message filters to prevent non site supporters from contacting you and don't contact them yourself. That will achieve what you're suggesting "

Were not site supporters but we are genuine x

By *averockrockMan  over a year ago

swindon

Not a site supporter but 100% real. £5 charge will put off a lot of people and not achieve the intended result. Many ways out there to check if an account is real or not before meeting up!

Increased Amount of profiles popping up for financial gain I’ve noticed also,, advertising premium snapchat or only fans accounts, sole purpose to profit off of here using here as a advertising board

"Increased Amount of profiles popping up for financial gain I’ve noticed also,, advertising premium snapchat or only fans accounts, sole purpose to profit off of here using here as a advertising board"

Yep! Well observed

They try to redirect traffic to their other material on other sites/platforms. Been going on for years! Again many get duped in thinking if they "follow" may gain something in return... nooooooo you're just a number! Don't fall for it because will waste your time/energy going offsite when you can focus on here and actually make real friendships/connections with like minded people. Fab is the place to be!

I agree it's worth using when you become a member can do so much more even tho no really messages u bak

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Increased Amount of profiles popping up for financial gain I’ve noticed also,, advertising premium snapchat or only fans accounts, sole purpose to profit off of here using here as a advertising board"

Please report, you are helping Admin to get rid of them

Well we're site supporters, meet verified by a few couples and singles and still got accused of being fakes today because we won't WhatsApp.

Mrs

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Well we're site supporters, meet verified by a few couples and singles and still got accused of being fakes today because we won't WhatsApp.

Mrs "

I get that when I refuse to take things off Fab and onto Kik, Skype and WhatsApp. Funny that.

By *utsidenakedMan  over a year ago

Dorchester

What would sort out the men from the boys would be a mandatory face pic sent with every message sent. And only photo verified too. This would cut a huge of waisted profiles and would encourage me to be a site supporter again

kent

"What would sort out the men from the boys would be a mandatory face pic sent with every message sent. And only photo verified too. This would cut a huge of waisted profiles and would encourage me to be a site supporter again "

It would also cut out a lot of genuine profiles too

Dorchester

"What would sort out the men from the boys would be a mandatory face pic sent with every message sent. And only photo verified too. This would cut a huge of waisted profiles and would encourage me to be a site supporter again

It would also cut out a lot of genuine profiles too"

Only those who are hiding from themselves and the shy ones and the married guys. They may be genuine but not players

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"What would sort out the men from the boys would be a mandatory face pic sent with every message sent. And only photo verified too. This would cut a huge of waisted profiles and would encourage me to be a site supporter again "

Why should anyone have to send face pictures especially in every message. I rarely send a face pic and of I had to I wouldn't be on here. People should be allowed their privacy.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What would sort out the men from the boys would be a mandatory face pic sent with every message sent. And only photo verified too. This would cut a huge of waisted profiles and would encourage me to be a site supporter again

It would also cut out a lot of genuine profiles too

Only those who are hiding from themselves and the shy ones and the married guys. They may be genuine but not players"

Or those working in public service or with children/ vulnerable people who would be wrongly judged for their private consensual adult activities.

By *encherryCouple  over a year ago

Grays Essex

So charging people would make them real????

No it wont. Anyone can pay. Some choose not to.

A full verification system is better. Like people get verified on here by picture, by webcam and by meets. That should be proof enough that someone is real.

The simple answer would be don't contact people who are not verified and block those that are not verified either.

The site could removed all non verified people and then when a signing up with a new account they must verify before access to the site is given.

Dorchester

Why should anyone have to send face pictures especially in every message. I rarely send a face pic and of I had to I wouldn't be on here. People should be allowed their privacy. "

Well if you send a face pic then it would only go to who you message so if not worth messaging it won't matter and besides we all on here for the same reason so it should be more open. Why as if you meet they will see you anyway and if you don't want to meet may be a different section for those type

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Why should anyone have to send face pictures especially in every message. I rarely send a face pic and of I had to I wouldn't be on here. People should be allowed their privacy.

Well if you send a face pic then it would only go to who you message so if not worth messaging it won't matter and besides we all on here for the same reason so it should be more open. Why as if you meet they will see you anyway and if you don't want to meet may be a different section for those type"

I will send a face pic after I have spoken to someone a while I won't just send it in the first message and I also never ask for them either. People deserve their privacy. But then I also won't meet at the drop of a hat. I tend to talk to guys for a bit before I arrange a meet. A lot of people on here don't want to share their face pics with random strangers I happen to be one of them. Especially given the amount of messages I have answered on here 100s of guys would now have my face pic. No thanks. But each to their own if you're happy sharing your pic that's great but there are a lot of genuine profiles on here mine included that don't want to share theirs.

Dorchester

Well if you send a face pic then it would only go to who you message so if not worth messaging it won't matter and besides we all on here for the same reason so it should be more open. Why as if you meet they will see you anyway and if you don't want to meet may be a different section for those type

I will send a face pic after I have spoken to someone a while I won't just send it in the first message and I also never ask for them either. People deserve their privacy. But then I also won't meet at the drop of a hat. I tend to talk to guys for a bit before I arrange a meet. A lot of people on here don't want to share their face pics with random strangers I happen to be one of them. Especially given the amount of messages I have answered on here 100s of guys would now have my face pic. No thanks. But each to their own if you're happy sharing your pic that's great but there are a lot of genuine profiles on here mine included that don't want to share theirs. "

Ok you win. It's just a huge amount of profiles say no face pic then will delete message but I understand the choice is good to keep

"Increased Amount of profiles popping up for financial gain I’ve noticed also,, advertising premium snapchat or only fans accounts, sole purpose to profit off of here using here as a advertising board

Please report, you are helping Admin to get rid of them"

I do straight away as just defeats purpose or the site ,, if you wanna earn money by all means crack on but do it off of here as it spoils the site

Totally agree with this. Camera or voice chat. It is genuinely amazing how many people suddenly disappear when you ask to see or speak to them.

Merseyside

Years ago I was on another swingers website that charged £180 per year. No monthly option. It still had lots of fake profiles. Fakers have money.

Merseyside

I will send a face pic after I have spoken to someone a while I won't just send it in the first message and I also never ask for them either. People deserve their privacy. But then I also won't meet at the drop of a hat. I tend to talk to guys for a bit before I arrange a meet. A lot of people on here don't want to share their face pics with random strangers I happen to be one of them. Especially given the amount of messages I have answered on here 100s of guys would now have my face pic. No thanks. But each to their own if you're happy sharing your pic that's great but there are a lot of genuine profiles on here mine included that don't want to share theirs. "

I we all took this approach fakers would get bored.

Spending time getting to know people before a meet gets rid of the fakers, chancers, fantasists, disrespectful guys, guys looking for another notch on the bedpost, the guys looking for a quick one off fuck, and the axe murders.

If a guy is really interested in you as a person and doesn't just see you as a sex object he wil be prepared to woo you and spend time getting to know you. By time I mean spend a few weeks or months getting to know you not hours or couple of days.

Merseyside

I have been on fab since about 2006. Over they years I have had contact with quite a few men pretending to be a couple or a single female. As I spend a lot of time getting to know people online before a meet I always spot the fakes.

One guy amditted he pretends to be a couple then on the day of the meet he says she is ill, she had to go to her mothers as her mother is ill, etc. He then tries to get the couple to agree to meet just him and meet them both next time.

The fakers and chancers are very creative.

Merseyside

That could be very easily faked.

Merseyside

Why should anyone have to send face pictures especially in every message. I rarely send a face pic and of I had to I wouldn't be on here. People should be allowed their privacy. "

I agree.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'd leave if I had to do that. No way do I send face pics to random strangers on here. Or any other pics either.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Well if you send a face pic then it would only go to who you message so if not worth messaging it won't matter and besides we all on here for the same reason so it should be more open. Why as if you meet they will see you anyway and if you don't want to meet may be a different section for those type"

Women would ignore a lot more messages from men thus resulting in even more threads moaning about no replies.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Amazing how many go silent when you insist on seeing them on camera, I do it with everyone. Lot of fakes on here but same on all sites and apps

Totally agree with this. Camera or voice chat. It is genuinely amazing how many people suddenly disappear when you ask to see or speak to them."

And an offer of a social meet after cam or voice filters out even more.

By *HX6969Man  over a year ago

St Albans

Great idea!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If everyone paid, it would reduce the overall number of people here, which would also reduce site satisfaction. It's been suggested many times and I believe the owners prefer the site to remain free to use, as an option.

We all need to invest effort to reduce inappropriate site use, which we can do in many ways, including reporting behaviour that's against site rules as well as taking extra responsibility for how we use the site, select others and meet them.

Assuming that the number of fake users would remain static, by introducing a mandatory charge which would reduce the numbers of decent people, it would result in a greater proportion of people here who are fake. You'd reduce site satisfaction and probably find even fewer good people here because of that.

Fake users get into all such sites and have no problem with willingness to pay, more so if they perceive people as gullible, if they have placed too much trust in a sites fees making it extra reliable etc

Use the money instead to meet people at clubs, if you find your abilities to discern others' validity is failing

By *osexyCouple  over a year ago

ST AUSTELL

We always insist on a phone call to ensure that the lady exists. Once had a guy trying to put on a woman’s voice ! After about three words I said ... your a bloke mate .. it was quite sad...

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I'd leave if I had to do that. No way do I send face pics to random strangers on here. Or any other pics either. "

I think you may be trampled underfoot in the rush to get out of here!!! many of us would leave if face pics HAD to be sent with a message!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'd leave if I had to do that. No way do I send face pics to random strangers on here. Or any other pics either.

I think you may be trampled underfoot in the rush to get out of here!!! many of us would leave if face pics HAD to be sent with a message! "

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

What's a fake profile, it always makes me chuckle, no idea what one looks for but all people I have spoken to have been genuine real people who chat away does fake not mean not real , as in a person does not exist then who messages I am really curious as I see this popping up in all the forums, usually when someone is not getting interest or knock backs they decide the profile is fake

I think a fake profile is self explanatory, someone (usually a single male) pretending to be a single female by using pictures they found on Google. "

They are easy to sort out.

Anyone who claims to be female or a couple, ask them to either go on cam, or phone. We have heard all the excuses, we shortcut the crap by telling them they can ring me and withold their number, so no risk to them. Kik has a video capability now too, so no need to go public on site cam either.

A " no" means we go no further, we are well verified, and expect some level of proof if they are unverified.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Pretty sure it's not gonna make a difference, nothings done to improve the site anyway. "

Do you report the three takes a day you suspect? The answer I suspect will be "We don't think we should have to"

The answer lies in our hands, if we don't report then the sites management cannot act.

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

Another site we are members of has a pretty good system in our opinion.

Obviously we can't name the site due forum rules.

It's an international site and it's free for basic use. However to get access to view profiles, send messages, register for events you have to be verified.

Without verification you can create a profile but it's pretty much pointless as you can't view others or message them.

To get verified you have to send a 5 to 10 second video clip to there secure site. In the clip they have to see your face and a picture of you holding up an approved form of i.d. This confirms you are who you say you are, and its used to confirm you have submitted genuine details like your age (we all know people who shave off 1,2, 10 years)

For a couple both persons must be seen in the same clip and both have i.d.

Once it's submitted it's viewed, verified, and then deleted. Your account is verified and your then free to message others and view profiles.

Seems to be a fantastic system so far and the site seems to be pretty much fake profile free.

As for fab and the fake profile issues.. they'll always exist, charging will limit but won't stop it.. you just have to keep your guard up and do the best you can to verify people are real.

x

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Do you report the three takes a day you suspect? The answer I suspect will be "We don't think we should have to"

The answer lies in our hands, if we don't report then the sites management cannot act."

By *urveykittyWoman  over a year ago

west sussex area

Fake accounts are a pain. I use reverse image search, but some are very obviously model photo shots of men too. It makes it more worrying for if you meet up and they are nothing like their profile (which had happened to me and is a huge red flag). The excuse of 'you wouldn't even look at my message unless I looked like an Adonis' is both false as different women like different things, or don't have a set type.

By *orksCouple25Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

Interesting idea. Let’s penalise people who don’t want to give out their credit card details or phone numbers to a website that may or may not have suitable security and may or may not sell on information. Hmmmmm"

That’s why PayPal is there as an option on here . I use it for everything I buy online .

By *orksCouple25Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Another site we are members of has a pretty good system in our opinion.

Obviously we can't name the site due forum rules.

It's an international site and it's free for basic use. However to get access to view profiles, send messages, register for events you have to be verified.

Without verification you can create a profile but it's pretty much pointless as you can't view others or message them.

To get verified you have to send a 5 to 10 second video clip to there secure site. In the clip they have to see your face and a picture of you holding up an approved form of i.d. This confirms you are who you say you are, and its used to confirm you have submitted genuine details like your age (we all know people who shave off 1,2, 10 years)

For a couple both persons must be seen in the same clip and both have i.d.

Once it's submitted it's viewed, verified, and then deleted. Your account is verified and your then free to message others and view profiles.

Seems to be a fantastic system so far and the site seems to be pretty much fake profile free.

As for fab and the fake profile issues.. they'll always exist, charging will limit but won't stop it.. you just have to keep your guard up and do the best you can to verify people are real.

We are on a USA / European site that does swinging cruises and it costs a lot more that £5 to get full access. You can what effect that financial filter has immediately with the quality of the photos people subsequently post .No cock and Gynae pics on there or peoples dirty washing lying on the floor in the background .

x"

By *usie4uTV/TS  over a year ago

Havant

"We just Google image search anyone we talk to, we find on average 3 fakes a day. "

Please can you advise on how to search image using Google

Xxx

Not sure if its been said all ready but why not have it so like ever 6 months you have to get your photo verify again so it show you are real as there lots of account on here for years.Also if you dont get a photo verify aftersay 2 weeks you get taken of the site.

"We just Google image search anyone we talk to, we find on average 3 fakes a day.

Please can you advise on how to search image using Google

Xxx"

right click an image/hold down on android.

i use tineye which works similar-it has a handy compare function.You'll be amazed at the head swaps etc some do in photoshop.

This isnt true, I know for a fact I've been messaged from a fake profile, or on your words the person behind wasnt really who they said. I'm not saying this because i got a knock back just saying!

This isnt true, I know for a fact I've been messaged from a fake profile, or on your words the person behind wasnt really who they said. I'm not saying this because i got a knock back just saying! "

I've been reporting a same fake profile for about 10 years now, its the same returning profile.It's even photoverified(probably 10year old photo ffs)

but heres the crux, he takes pics from other sites,swaps them for the possible wife/wife,he increases body sizes etc

he is starting to get a bit smarter.

I complained to fab again last night after reporting yet another image doctoring.

Now if that aint what you determine as a fake profile I dunno what is!

This isnt true, I know for a fact I've been messaged from a fake profile, or on your words the person behind wasnt really who they said. I'm not saying this because i got a knock back just saying!

I've been reporting a same fake profile for about 10 years now, its the same returning profile.It's even photoverified(probably 10year old photo ffs)

but heres the crux, he takes pics from other sites,swaps them for the possible wife/wife,he increases body sizes etc

he is starting to get a bit smarter.

I complained to fab again last night after reporting yet another image doctoring.

Now if that aint what you determine as a fake profile I dunno what is! "

Sad fucker. Just repeatedly block. All you can do really. Be hard for admin to monitor this person.