FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Banned words in messages

Banned words in messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nlyDesiCandi OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle

Hi

I have just been blocked from sending messages for using a word that is banned - except my message was fairly clean. I had typed “what are your kinks and perversions and are any of them taboo role plays”

Is there a list of words that are banned from use in private messages ?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

There is but Admin have never published the list...at a guess it is the taboo word

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

will be the taboo resend using tab** or similar

Newcastle

The message said click on the back button, edit the message and then send. I closed the tab, opened fabs again, and tried to reply - it had just blocked me without the actual opportunity to change the message

So clearly a flaw in the system - and a list of bad words should be made public.

And if it’s the word taboo, it’s not illegal to use. What if I was writing a message about societal stigma and taboos of being an asian crossdresser in a conversation?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If you published the words, you'd just get people who wanted to write sick messages get around the bans by using similar words or just making $mall changes which wouldn't automatically be picked up.

Manchester (she/her)

I've been caught out myself and it's annoying, but I'd rather be caught out complaining about disgusting messages (in my case) than further empower those who send them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That’s funny, I copied above what you put and sent that to myself as a test and it sent!aha.

Unless filter doesn’t apply if you messaged yourself, but who really does?

Newcastle

I hear what you are saying however it isn’t about empowering someone - its about making sure I play as per the rules. The site has rules and I agree to them to use it. I would just like to know the full extent of the rules - the small print - so that I am not blocked again and the person who I am chatting with thinks I have gone off him.

There are other channels to communicate such as kik, WhatsApp if one wanted to take things away from the site - I don’t like to do that. It’s best to keep things that belong here, here.

Manchester (she/her)

On balance I'd still rather receive less sickening illegal immoral crap because the fuckwits get caught out, and get caught out occasionally myself.

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"On balance I'd still rather receive less sickening illegal immoral crap because the fuckwits get caught out, and get caught out occasionally myself. "

agree 100% i accidently used a nawty word in a message once but it did allow me to click back and amend! perhaps there is another reason why the OP get blocked for messaging said person

Newcastle

No one likes to receive sickening messages and there are measures to stop that - apart from blocking someone, there are the reporting mechanisms. As you say, sick people will find a way regardless by using punctuation, spaces or numbers. I can’t speak for them but I can from me.

And FYI the block is still on 2hrs later...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

As the pop up says it normally lasts about two hours.

We have all fallen foul of the rule, I don't know if it is the word tabboo but if you try taking it out when you are allowed to mail it will give you your answer