FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > "No Thanks" Button for emails

"No Thanks" Button for emails

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a “no thanks” button for emails or even better, an automated response to any mail that is deleted that has not been replied to.

Sick of reading posts from people moaning they never get replies, everyone likes a moan but most of the ones moaning don’t even post regular and only post to moan.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

wow!!

That IS such a good idea...and would save alot of time with mailing back a no thank you...and ofcourse having to give a reason why!!!

grt thread..x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes i agree, that would be superb.xxkarenx

Well it would come in handy for people who recieve lots of mail, and if it cuts down the moaning threads it can only be a good thing.

Yeah,nice idea.It would save a lot of rancour and animosity in some cases.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

It would also help after i have spent 10 minutes composing a message only to see it has been deleted with no explaination as to why.

Surely an email saying "no thanks" isn't that hard to do.

Did anyone discover if there is a limit to how many messages you can send in 24 hours?

"Did anyone discover if there is a limit to how many messages you can send in 24 hours?"

100 unless its changed.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Varies depending on criteria you are very unlikely to hit it

surely people aren't getting 100 messages a day?

I think i have had about 20 IN A YEAR!!!!

Therefore just reply no thanks.

On the face of it, it sounds like a reasonable idea, but ................

The vast majority of people on this site who send a message and don't get a reply, simply accept the fact and move on, whilst a handful of members (and that's all it is - a handful) put up a forum post moaning and groaning about the fact.

Is it not fair to assume that the same handful of moaners would still put up a forum post accusing those who have used the auto reply feature, of being lazy and ill mannered because they didn't bother to write a personal reply.?

Maybe I'm wrong, but as we all know, it doesn't matter which way you turn, some folks will never ever be happy.

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

"On the face of it, it sounds like a reasonable idea, but ................

The vast majority of people on this site who send a message and don't get a reply, simply accept the fact and move on, whilst a handful of members (and that's all it is - a handful) put up a forum post moaning and groaning about the fact.

Is it not fair to assume that the same handful of moaners would still put up a forum post accusing those who have used the auto reply feature, of being lazy and ill mannered because they didn't bother to write a personal reply.?

Maybe I'm wrong, but as we all know, it doesn't matter which way you turn, some folks will never ever be happy."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty good guess we think!

"On the face of it, it sounds like a reasonable idea, but ................

Maybe I'm wrong, but as we all know, it doesn't matter which way you turn, some folks will never ever be happy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty good guess we think!"

We totally agree with the above as some will always find some pathetic whining excuse to appease their rejection.

Maybe we should expand on this and have a selection of buttons to explain the reasons why you do not wish to reply

1. A polite no thanks for your kind email however we do not wish to take things further and wish you well for the future.

2. Thanks but no thanks.

3. Thanks but you are a bit older than we are looking for.

4. Thanks but you are a bit younger than we are looking for.

5. Thanks, and nothing personal but we are not into bigger people.

6. Thanks but you smoke and we don't.

and we think No 7 is the one that would get most use

7. Thanks but if you could just point out to what the feck we put in our profile that gave you even the remotest idea we have an interest in you or what you have to offer can you let us know so we can feckin change it toot sweet !!!

By all means do it if you guys think its a good idea, but I think most people still wont use it that much and you will still get moaners in the forums.

I for one would rather have no reply than an automatic message, sounds as un thoughtful as a copied and pasted message to me... just my 2 cents

Forum Mod

People will moan about mails until the end of time no matter what :D

"By all means do it if you guys think its a good idea, but I think most people still wont use it that much and you will still get moaners in the forums.

I for one would rather have no reply than an automatic message, sounds as un thoughtful as a copied and pasted message to me... just my 2 cents "

If you delete a message without replying and it automatically sends a no thanks reply how would you know it was automated?

Most people are right though, they will moan about something else, perhaps every couple and single should just "no single males" and contact them if and when they're looking, then singles wont send emails to them and whinge that their mail has been ignored.

"By all means do it if you guys think its a good idea, but I think most people still wont use it that much and you will still get moaners in the forums.

I for one would rather have no reply than an automatic message, sounds as un thoughtful as a copied and pasted message to me... just my 2 cents

If you delete a message without replying and it automatically sends a no thanks reply how would you know it was automated?

Most people are right though, they will moan about something else, perhaps every couple and single should just "no single males" and contact them if and when they're looking, then singles wont send emails to them and whinge that their mail has been ignored."

Or imagine if site policy was that single folk could only reply to emails they recieved..........that would go a long way to drying a few eyes

Forum Mod

Iv just realised something lol

Sometimes it takes longer to read a profile that it would be to just send a message and hope for some sort of response

"If you delete a message without replying and it automatically sends a no thanks reply how would you know it was automated?"

Because it will say exactly the same thing every time...

...and instead of people moaning "i keep getting deleted" they will just be saying "i keep getting automated" and we will still be saying "that's just how it is, deal with it!!" lol

» Add a new message to this topic