FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Rate time wasters?

Rate time wasters?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tevetwice OP   Man  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Is there / should there be a way to rate people in a negative way?

It seems there are a lot of time wasters on here, would it be if value or too inflammatory to be able to leave a visible mark on their profile to warn others?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The main problem with that is proving that time was actually wasted.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is there / should there be a way to rate people in a negative way?

It seems there are a lot of time wasters on here, would it be if value or too inflammatory to be able to leave a visible mark on their profile to warn others? "

Define time wasting?

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

My personal definition of Timewasters = person who agreed to a meet but didn't turn up or cancelled in the last minute (3-4 hrs).

Just report them under "arrange a meet but didn't turn up".

Don't give them bad verification because they can hide it, and it will still appear as a verification in the summary.

Just report.

Portsmouth

Well if you arrange a meet, and they turn up and seem genuine you can verify them ... that’s like a positive feedback. But if you arrange a meet and they don’t turn up and then don’t respond to messages or block you then it seems unlikely they ever intended to meet... I wouldn’t expect they could be reported for that. They may have just changed their mind etc etc but I wondered if there should be a way of highlighting it, rather than only verify when all is good.

Portsmouth

"My personal definition of Timewasters = person who agreed to a meet but didn't turn up or cancelled in the last minute (3-4 hrs).

Don't give them bad verification because they can hide it, and it will still appear as a verification in the summary.

Just report.

"

I wouldn’t have thought reporting them was the right thing to do. Seems a bit harsh. Is that the norm for no shows?

"Well if you arrange a meet, and they turn up and seem genuine you can verify them ... that’s like a positive feedback. But if you arrange a meet and they don’t turn up and then don’t respond to messages or block you then it seems unlikely they ever intended to meet... I wouldn’t expect they could be reported for that. They may have just changed their mind etc etc but I wondered if there should be a way of highlighting it, rather than only verify when all is good."

It would be open to abuse like many other suggestions on here, not sure what good reporting would do, after all real life/family emergencies come first

London&Dublin

"My personal definition of Timewasters = person who agreed to a meet but didn't turn up or cancelled in the last minute (3-4 hrs).

Just report.

I wouldn’t have thought reporting them was the right thing to do. Seems a bit harsh. Is that the norm for no shows?"

Harsh?

If they agreed on a meet and then didn't turn up, without any notification or block you, it's pretty obvious they are playing you.

The facility is there - to report : specifically worded "arranged a meet but didn't turn up". I suggest we use it. The admin might take action if the profile get a lot of similar reports.

People spent time, effort, money for the meet and they just didn't turn up. If something really occurred, they can't be courteous enough to at least send a text message cancelling?

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

Just report.

I wouldn’t have thought reporting them was the right thing to do. Seems a bit harsh. Is that the norm for no shows?"

reporting them is the right thing to do. The site gives you the tools to be able to arrange meets, some might not go ahead or as planned, it’s not really up to the site to deal with it because people leave abc rejoin the site often so hard to track those that plan and don’t meet. If you’re getting arranged meets not turning up might be good to look at your selection process as well op

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

We always had a deal that anyone can walk away from the meet even at the very last minute if they were not happy to carry on so the only definition for me of a timewaster is if they didn't turn up at all.

Notice of 3 to 4 hours would be a good thing rather than feel the need to report for a no show, at least they let the other person know.

London&Dublin

We always had a deal that anyone can walk away from the meet even at the very last minute if they were not happy to carry on so the only definition for me of a timewaster is if they didn't turn up at all.

Notice of 3 to 4 hours would be a good thing rather than feel the need to report for a no show, at least they let the other person know."

Thanks Rugby.

usually I will initiate the contact at 3 hrs (time for me to change) and if they don't reply by then, I will send them a text to cancel. That way I don't have to report them at all.

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

How would you prove ot tho? Many ways people could abuse that sort of system.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

It seems there are a lot of time wasters on here, would it be if value or too inflammatory to be able to leave a visible mark on their profile to warn others? "

How do you prove the person is not lying about the other person being a no show?

It would be very easy to be maliciouse.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Just report.

a bit harsh ? Your wanting Thier profile tagged for all to see lol

Sometimes you can arrange a meet then something crops up and you have to cancel, has long has they text me to say they cannot meet then that’s ok with me it’s when they just don’t turn up that does my head in . But I have been quite lucky so far. I just had one that had cancelled because one of the children was not well and that cannot be helped

Portsmouth

Just report.

I wouldn’t have thought reporting them was the right thing to do. Seems a bit harsh. Is that the norm for no shows?a bit harsh ? Your wanting Thier profile tagged for all to see lol "

I’m not wanting it as such, I was just asking what others views were.

It seems the consensus is that it’s just part of being on here and your options are learn and move on or report.

Portsmouth

"Sometimes you can arrange a meet then something crops up and you have to cancel, has long has they text me to say they cannot meet then that’s ok with me it’s when they just don’t turn up that does my head in . But I have been quite lucky so far. I just had one that had cancelled because one of the children was not well and that cannot be helped "

Absolutely, I wouldn’t have any issue with someone cancelling for any reason at all. However, if they arranged a meet, they read your message that you were on your way and then that you had arrived, they then didn’t respond to either or a third message 30 mins later (which they also read) and then they went offline... That seems poor behaviour to me and hence my question.

It’s not a big issue, Im not looking for meets any more anyway, I just wondered what others’ views were on what to do.

Portsmouth

It seems there are a lot of time wasters on here, would it be if value or too inflammatory to be able to leave a visible mark on their profile to warn others?

How do you prove the person is not lying about the other person being a no show?

It would be very easy to be maliciouse.

"

Fair point... could just open another can of worms.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Just report.

"

Just report.

Why harsh? If you have turned up and they haven't I would definently report sorry but that is!

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"The main problem with that is proving that time was actually wasted."

Yeah, this is the problem. I imagine the potential for misuse would be immense.

I had a bad experience once, had hotel booked and had arranged everything including a meal and champagne and chocolates, all part of a role play we had agreed on . We were texting as I bought the chocolates on my way to the hotel, all seemed fine and then when I sent a message to say I was in the hotel and the room service meal was booked for a hours time as agreed. The texts stopped and I was blocked on Fab and Kik. No warning no sorry I can’t go through with it nothing.

If she had just said sorry I would of understood but cutting all communication off after e had set it all up over about three weeks was what got me.

Now that is time wasting.

By *nowngMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Is there any place to report people who add/except u and stop responding cos it wastes my time finding and deleting them ?

To me it’s spoils being on here when you get people reporting this and reporting that, some times people will have to cancel especially if they have children, I don’t like people if they have to cancel a meet but sometimes that’s how it goes if it’s abuse then yes but if not we all have to move on .

doncaster

Some other site has a meets centre where people can register a meet by inputting details(date time location) both parties register the meet and only administration team are able to see , it provides safety aspects too ,also if same person is arranging meets and no show or cancels and a pattern forms then admin are in a position to investigate it , I think it would be a great idea on here too ,yes it takes more ppl to police it but I would give some free time for this facility

London&Dublin

"Some other site has a meets centre where people can register a meet by inputting details(date time location) both parties register the meet and only administration team are able to see , it provides safety aspects too ,also if same person is arranging meets and no show or cancels and a pattern forms then admin are in a position to investigate it , I think it would be a great idea on here too ,yes it takes more ppl to police it but I would give some free time for this facility "

It is a great idea.

But for the issue of privacy. The admin are also swingers and they might talk as well

doncaster

"Some other site has a meets centre where people can register a meet by inputting details(date time location) both parties register the meet and only administration team are able to see , it provides safety aspects too ,also if same person is arranging meets and no show or cancels and a pattern forms then admin are in a position to investigate it , I think it would be a great idea on here too ,yes it takes more ppl to police it but I would give some free time for this facility

It is a great idea.

But for the issue of privacy. The admin are also swingers and they might talk as well "

yes but by the same virtue they could talk about anyone who is on this site , i have more faith in thier professional discretion to worry if admin are talking about me being on here

In my opinion someone who messages you, then you message them back to find they delete your message without any further communication is a time waster. Getting fucked off typing for 5 or 10 minutes for no point at all as the message is simply deleted. Literally a waste of my time. A "Thanks but no thanks" never fucking hurts!!

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"In my opinion someone who messages you, then you message them back to find they delete your message without any further communication is a time waster. Getting fucked off typing for 5 or 10 minutes for no point at all as the message is simply deleted. Literally a waste of my time. A "Thanks but no thanks" never fucking hurts!!"

Angry man or what?? You do realise this is supposed to be fun. Maybe reign in your expectations of this site.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's a slant on naming and shaming, as it would publicly denote a profile that's slammed negatively by others, for whatever reasons - and it may just be to get revenge or cause trouble.

The only acceptable method for dealing with problem people here is to learn what is that you need to do, in case there's something that you can adjust and to report to Admin. Admin always review all reports about other users and they're the only acceptable way that the site can perform well.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"In my opinion someone who messages you, then you message them back to find they delete your message without any further communication is a time waster. Getting fucked off typing for 5 or 10 minutes for no point at all as the message is simply deleted. Literally a waste of my time. A "Thanks but no thanks" never fucking hurts!!"

Due to the enormous volume of messages that many users get, as well as based upon the site's advice, the approach is to accept that no reply = no further interest at that point.Blocking another prevents further wasting of time/resources messaging, which sometimes results in rejected people sending abusive messages or causing trouble.

It's realistic to expect that most people that you engage with here will not be either people that you meet, or fuck. It will only be a tiny minority that will meet and you'll have sex. There's tons of choice here - thousands of people - so it's ideal for people just to meet others where they are matched. Wasted time would be meeting anyone where they have no interest.

If you're not aware of site FAQs etc, then it's worth reading them, as well as the terms of use here.

"In my opinion someone who messages you, then you message them back to find they delete your message without any further communication is a time waster. Getting fucked off typing for 5 or 10 minutes for no point at all as the message is simply deleted. Literally a waste of my time. A "Thanks but no thanks" never fucking hurts!!

Due to the enormous volume of messages that many users get, as well as based upon the site's advice, the approach is to accept that no reply = no further interest at that point.Blocking another prevents further wasting of time/resources messaging, which sometimes results in rejected people sending abusive messages or causing trouble.

It's realistic to expect that most people that you engage with here will not be either people that you meet, or fuck. It will only be a tiny minority that will meet and you'll have sex. There's tons of choice here - thousands of people - so it's ideal for people just to meet others where they are matched. Wasted time would be meeting anyone where they have no interest.

If you're not aware of site FAQs etc, then it's worth reading them, as well as the terms of use here."

Yeah, but when they initiate the conversation the leave it for no apparent reason it's plain fucking rude!

"In my opinion someone who messages you, then you message them back to find they delete your message without any further communication is a time waster. Getting fucked off typing for 5 or 10 minutes for no point at all as the message is simply deleted. Literally a waste of my time. A "Thanks but no thanks" never fucking hurts!!

Angry man or what?? You do realise this is supposed to be fun. Maybe reign in your expectations of this site."

No, not angry just fed up of the numerous twats on here who fuck about.

doncaster

If you're not aware of site FAQs etc, then it's worth reading them, as well as the terms of use here.

Yeah, but when they initiate the conversation the leave it for no apparent reason it's plain fucking rude!"

I agree it's so frustrating , just got to learn to live with it

» Add a new message to this topic