FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Is there a strong case for a dedicated games forum?

Is there a strong case for a dedicated games forum?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I think there is.

A place where the twenty five million word association games can run free and their relentless instigators can bore each other to their hearts content.

The lounge is for lighthearted conversation.

A place where debate and tomfoolery are safe and encouraged.

Please admin, give the lounge back to the masses before the current exodus of paying members becomes biblical and all that remains is a shitty brown coloured 9 letter change one woody associated word 7 letter eye spy shag kiss avoid pool of dullards.

Yours faithfully

Sam

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

No one is forced to join in.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"No one is forced to join in."

Or read the threads

"No one is forced to join in."

You seem to of misunderstood the question.

"No one is forced to join in.

Or read the threads"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I tend to agree. Sometimes these sort of threads fill the front page so I just log off. I'm not forced to read them and don't but equally there is sometines such a volume that I can't be bothered to look for more interesting topics

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

[Removed by poster at 08/09/19 09:02:44]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Or read the threads

You seem to of misunderstood the question."

I didn't. You want a dedicated forum for game playing as you don't like how people are using the lounge

I answered they can be easily avoided.

You are in the right place for your suggestion though

Norwich

Or read the threads

I didn't. You want a dedicated forum for game playing as you don't like how people are using the lounge

I answered they can be easily avoided.

You are in the right place for your suggestion though "

That's the problem though, they can't easily be avoided. They are in your face, sometimes four threads at a time, as soon as you go on a forum. A dedicated forum would be great as they get everywhere, even the Help & Advice forum.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

That's the problem though, they can't easily be avoided. They are in your face, sometimes four threads at a time

"

That makes about 31 threads available to read that are not games

I don't have a preference one way or another, I am just pointing out the obvious but as I say, the suggestion is in the right place for Admin to see

Norwich

The other forums are now a better place.

Thanks Admin.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I'm one of the culprits and I like the new games forum, I find myself rarely going in the Lounge now

chelmsford

Oh just wanted to say, I'm not a dullard

"The other forums are now a better place.

Thanks Admin."

I agree

chelmsford

"The other forums are now a better place.

Thanks Admin.

I agree "

Love

Me too

"Oh just wanted to say, I'm not a mallard "

Quack

chelmsford

"Oh just wanted to say, I'm not a mallard

Quack "

Love

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Great to see those shitty game threads have their own place. I'd have more fun having Xmas dinner in Bob Cratchitts house.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Scrooge gave Bob Cratchit a goose for Christmas dinner. He and his family had just as much fun as we do with the 7, 8 and 9 letter word games.

chelmsford

"Scrooge gave Bob Cratchit a goose for Christmas dinner. He and his family had just as much fun as we do with the 7, 8 and 9 letter word games. "

Ultimately can admin move every threads out of the forum lounge ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Ultimately can admin move every threads out of the forum lounge ? "

Yes, report if there are any errant ones

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Ultimately can admin move every threads out of the forum lounge ?

Yes, report if there are any errant ones"

I thought you meant game threads, sounds like you didn't

If anyone objects to the threads being moved you can make your feelings known.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I think it’s a shame that they have moved. They were clearly popular. It does make you wonder about what is next, music threads maybe? They just name songs they don’t discuss music.

A little lighthearted silliness is a good thing. Not everything has to be so deep and meaningful. That’s the beauty, something for everyone

chelmsford

"I think it’s a shame that they have moved. They were clearly popular. It does make you wonder about what is next, music threads maybe? They just name songs they don’t discuss music.

A little lighthearted silliness is a good thing. Not everything has to be so deep and meaningful. That’s the beauty, something for everyone "

Quite right Babs, where does it all end? I find myself not going into the Lounge so much, now that we have a dedicated games forum, but as long as everyone is happy eh?!x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think it’s a shame that they have moved. They were clearly popular.

"

They still are , lots of people are still playing. In fact I would say more so going by the amount of threads in there

chelmsford

"I think it’s a shame that they have moved. They were clearly popular.

They still are , lots of people are still playing. In fact I would say more so going by the amount of threads in there "

And it is easier to find new games also

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I like thing's to be organised and in their place down at the bottom,it's a good thing

chelmsford

"I like thing's to be organised and in their place down at the bottom,it's a good thing "

At least we know where to find it

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I think it’s a shame that they have moved. They were clearly popular. It does make you wonder about what is next, music threads maybe? They just name songs they don’t discuss music.

A little lighthearted silliness is a good thing. Not everything has to be so deep and meaningful. That’s the beauty, something for everyone

Quite right Babs, where does it all end? I find myself not going into the Lounge so much, now that we have a dedicated games forum, but as long as everyone is happy eh?!x

"

I'm the opposite, I don't really look at them now they've moved as they were never the main reason I was there. So many things in the lounge could be considered a game though, face pic Friday, rate this and that, fabbing threads, change a word in a movie title, middle button threads... so what's next to be moved?

chelmsford

I'm the opposite, I don't really look at them now they've moved as they were never the main reason I was there. So many things in the lounge could be considered a game though, face pic Friday, rate this and that, fabbing threads, change a word in a movie title, middle button threads... so what's next to be moved? "

I agree, there are many other game type threads

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I like thing's to be organised and in their place down at the bottom,it's a good thing

At least we know where to find it "

Exactly

I'm the opposite, I don't really look at them now they've moved as they were never the main reason I was there. So many things in the lounge could be considered a game though, face pic Friday, rate this and that, fabbing threads, change a word in a movie title, middle button threads... so what's next to be moved? "

I think that’s what I’m curious about really. Where is the line drawn? Who decides what is and isn’t a game.

chelmsford

I'm the opposite, I don't really look at them now they've moved as they were never the main reason I was there. So many things in the lounge could be considered a game though, face pic Friday, rate this and that, fabbing threads, change a word in a movie title, middle button threads... so what's next to be moved?

I think that’s what I’m curious about really. Where is the line drawn? Who decides what is and isn’t a game. "

Not me Babs

I think that’s what I’m curious about really. Where is the line drawn? Who decides what is and isn’t a game.

Not me Babs "

Me neither Samiss

chelmsford

Haha Babs

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think the type of games in the game section IE the fast moving ones rather than the daily ones will be in the game section... the rest are a bit different in as you have to PM each other/ fab each other/ upload a pic etc so not really games

chelmsford

"I think the type of games in the game section IE the fast moving ones rather than the daily ones will be in the game section... the rest are a bit different in as you have to PM each other/ fab each other/ upload a pic etc so not really games

"

» Add a new message to this topic