FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Search distance results

Search distance results

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Could the search distance be modified slightly please?

When I search within 5 miles it shows people within 5 miles - great!

When I search within 10 miles it shows people within 5-10 miles and 10-15 miles. Not good.

People who fall in 10-15 miles distance are outside the area I'm looking to meet and they overload my search results. The only way not to see them is blocking each one of them.

Could it be changed please so 5 miles search shows 0-5 and 5-10 miles results or 10 miles search shows people within 10 miles only?

Thank you.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arc123Man  over a year ago

Bristol

It's always pretty random and no where near the location too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sometimes when I switch it on it shows very close distance, like 0.25 miles!

I’m looking closely at my neighbours!!

"Sometimes when I switch it on it shows very close distance, like 0.25 miles!

I’m looking closely at my neighbours!! "

Wouldn't mind a close neighbour like that. Would be rather convenient popping round to borrow a cup of sugar

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are a hell of a lot of people who don't use their actual location on Fab, so you could be seeing people much further away anyway.

That said, if you're on IOW I guess that outside 10 miles they're not on the island and of little use to you!!

"There are a hell of a lot of people who don't use their actual location on Fab, so you could be seeing people much further away anyway.

That said, if you're on IOW I guess that outside 10 miles they're not on the island and of little use to you!! "

Exactly. People using different locations on the island are still within 10 miles. But as the search shows 10-15 miles away my list is clogged up with people from across the water. Really don't want to block them as could be looking to meet them at some later point.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I live in a village, so give my location as the nearest town some 3 miles away, I made contact with a lady who gave her location as another local town 6 miles away, it soon transpired that not only did we live in the same village but her flat overlooks my house and we are 200m apart.

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"Could the search distance be modified slightly please?

When I search within 10 miles it shows people within 5-10 miles and 10-15 miles. Not good.

People who fall in 10-15 miles distance are outside the area I'm looking to meet and they overload my search results. The only way not to see them is blocking each one of them.

Could it be changed please so 5 miles search shows 0-5 and 5-10 miles results or 10 miles search shows people within 10 miles only?

Thank you."

It's probably due to the fact that there's 10 as an upper limit and a lower limit, might work if it was coded to be5-10 and 11-20...guessing of course but seems likely as it happens with the 5 miles crossover too.

"Could the search distance be modified slightly please?

Thank you.

It's probably due to the fact that there's 10 as an upper limit and a lower limit, might work if it was coded to be5-10 and 11-20...guessing of course but seems likely as it happens with the 5 miles crossover too. "

Surely it would be easy enough to make 5 as an upper and a lower limit as well if that's the case. At the moment with 5 miles distance search people 5-10 miles away don't show up on the list.

» Add a new message to this topic