FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Profile text edit box too small

Profile text edit box too small

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *idlifecrisis40 OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (North)

This is a niggle for me, I guess I'm one of the relative few who like to have fairly lengthy profile texts and the edit box is very very small, 6 short lines.

Ok, web browsers these days do allow you to resize them and I have to do that (actually I write it in Word and cut and paste it), but still, you could easily double the size and not cause any layout issues.

What occurs to me is that when people see such a small edit box for their profile text that maybe they think that's how much they are expected to write and that might be why so many people have just one or two sentences up. Increase the edit box size and maybe people will be nudged into telling people something more about themselves and who they are looking for.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

great idea

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I agree with this. Loads of free space on that page to widen and/or lengthen it a tad.

Must admit its even harder on an IPhone

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

The smaller your profile text is, the more chance people will read it. The current small box helps people keep their profiles to a reasonable length.

Realistically no one reads anything on the web and less on mobile so it's in your own interests to keep your profile short and to the point. We feel that expanding the profile entry box would just encourage people to write more which would be against their own interests.

Admin x

I have the little arrow thing on the bottom right hand corner of ours to extend it - can you not do that?

"The smaller your profile text is, the more chance people will read it. The current small box helps people keep their profiles to a reasonable length.

Realistically no one reads anything on the web and less on mobile so it's in your own interests to keep your profile short and to the point. We feel that expanding the profile entry box would just encourage people to write more which would be against their own interests.

Admin x"

admin i don't often disagree with you but on this i am.

I can't remember the last time i read such drivel!!

Kat x x

We have to agree with Kat. A detailed profile can only be a good thing and we can't surely be the only people who read them.

"The smaller your profile text is, the more chance people will read it. The current small box helps people keep their profiles to a reasonable length. "
seriously? Profiles should be about 6lines with 4 words per line? It you believe profiles should be a reasonable length would it not make more sense to reduce the max word count size of box? Then make the edit box bigger to help people actually edit and use the facility at ease still though mobile site, other than niggles, is just fab. Always on it now.

OMG I can't believe admin have written that!

Profile text is soooo important.No wonder the single guys are always moaning about why they get no meets when their profile is 2 lines long.

The type of people who can't be arsed reading past two lines are not the type i want to meet!!!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"The smaller your profile text is, the more chance people will read it. The current small box helps people keep their profiles to a reasonable length. seriously? Profiles should be about 6lines with 4 words per line? It you believe profiles should be a reasonable length would it not make more sense to reduce the max word count size of box? Then make the edit box bigger to help people actually edit and use the facility at ease still though mobile site, other than niggles, is just fab. Always on it now."

I agree with this. Bigger box but max word count would be a great compromise.

» Add a new message to this topic