FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > message idea

message idea

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone else had the problem where your inbox gets filled up with countless messages from the same guy?

I'll reply to their latest message then go read the forum for a bit, get engrossed in a big thread and eventually go back to check my inbox to find something like this:-

10:02am: answer to my last question

10:04am: asks own question

10:05am: sends last message again

10:08am: says some variation on "not talking? lol"

10:10am: sends 10:04am message again, possibly with cock pic

10:11am: "was it something I said? lol

and the point of this thread is: Would it be possible to put in a "this user hasn't read your last message to them, perhaps give them time to read and reply to it before sending another message?"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ush_tushWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

But he can see that you havent read the first one yet by going to his sent box!

He sounds like a bit of a pest if you ask me!

"But he can see that you havent read the first one yet by going to his sent box!

He sounds like a bit of a pest if you ask me!"

I know that about the "sent mail" box. I have a feeling that not all guys bother with that and instead treat the site like an msn IM program.

I don't know what the norm for guys on here is, but I think some of them get a bit giddy when "OMG a gurl is talking to me!!" happens. Bless

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"and the point of this thread is: Would it be possible to put in a "this user hasn't read your last message to them, perhaps give them time to read and reply to it before sending another message?"

"

They already see a message like that. It says "you've already messaged this user and they've not responded, you're wasting your time by trying again" (or words to that effect.

Admin x

okay, didn't realise that.

Does that happen even when I have replied to their messages but not the last few they've sent?

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"okay, didn't realise that.

Does that happen even when I have replied to their messages but not the last few they've sent?"

Just if they've sent you one and you haven't replied

Admin x

thought so!

My suggestion was that if you have been chatting via messages and they haven't read/replied to your previous message to them, then pop up something warning them of this?

- So I message someone

- they reply

- we chat for a bit

- I send a message

- they don't reply (haven't read the last message)

- when I click reply/new message I get something telling me this...

I know that we can click sent messages (I do this myself), but it's apparent that some folk don't use that functionality.

It'd save the site's bandwidth, it might help some hasty guys avoid pissing people off. And most important from my point of view, it'd save some space in my inbox

» Add a new message to this topic