FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Tour de France

Tour de France

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It would appear that the Tour de France has been postponed until the end of August.

If this does happen, in it's full glory, then I would assume that borders would be open within the EU and Schengen countries.

Of course, it could still take place with no spectators allowed at the start and finish and social distancing rules applied along the stages.

I am actually surprised that a firm date was given!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Each rider will be stopped and checked at each border they cross(not).

T

"It would appear that the Tour de France has been postponed until the end of August.

If this does happen, in it's full glory, then I would assume that borders would be open within the EU and Schengen countries.

Of course, it could still take place with no spectators allowed at the start and finish and social distancing rules applied along the stages.

I am actually surprised that a firm date was given!"

It’s been suggested that it may be a closed door race. Gathering by the roadside will be banned.

By *owel CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Living in South of France

This is the best chance for ages of a Frenchmen winning Le Tour. As Macron has sealed the borders into France, you could start the race with 176 French residents. Hopefully, the winner could be classified as French, along with all the other Jersies. Cynical? Moi!

By *heccoCouple  over a year ago

Normandy France

We are thinking of entering it ourselves to keep the latest tradition of British winners.... we have a couple of old bikes in the shed, might even invest in an Electric bike to get up the hills better...

"We are thinking of entering it ourselves to keep the latest tradition of British winners.... we have a couple of old bikes in the shed, might even invest in an Electric bike to get up the hills better..."

Name of new team?

By *istalloverCouple  over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

Two years ago ,the race past our house,2 hours of being assulted by sweets. Hats , glue samples and key rings .

Then it was all over in less than a minute flat..

Just like a 1st sexual experience lol.

Nowhere near dept 53 this year so thats 2 hours saved lol ????

The race is just a woosh and gone but it’s the caravan that we really go for and the best one out of the nine we have been to was when my mother-law got hit by a drive by saucissoning which amused us greatly.

Stay frosty out there!!

T

By *arrie69Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Hope the boarders will be open as I will be cycling in France for a week mid September. Myself and a few guys. Our own Tour de France

"Hope the boarders will be open as I will be cycling in France for a week mid September. Myself and a few guys. Our own Tour de France "

Think you might be going as far as Dublin. You aren’t in Schengen, so even if Macron lifts some border restrictions, they probably won’t include your good self. Maybe the Tour of the River Liffey, sponsored by Guinness?

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Guiness now you're talking.. really fancy a pint of the black stuff :-0

» Add a new message to this topic