FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Border reopening

Border reopening

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exy_Horny OP   Couple  over a year ago

Leigh

Do any of you who live in France have any proper information about when the borders are likely to open to tourists?

We have pretty much given up on the end of May so will try and move the ferry booking to next year.

We have another set of tickets for all of August but from what we have seen that is only 50/50 at the moment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As far as we know it’s still October but the pm is or has put plans to the assembly today so more should be know soon.

My chief of information has just told me there in no information on borders as of yet but she’s often wrong.

Stay frosty out there!!!!

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Set a date for the tour de France...so around that time I guess ...even the ratman does not want to miss out on the tour revenue from around the world

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I moved to Paris at the weekend to live with my girlfriend, that way I know we will be able to have our summer holidays this summer in the south.

By *owel CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Living in South of France

"I moved to Paris at the weekend to live with my girlfriend, that way I know we will be able to have our summer holidays this summer in the south."

Reported. You are failing all Covid standards.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

You reported someone on a swinging site for MOVING! Oh lordy

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"I moved to Paris at the weekend to live with my girlfriend, that way I know we will be able to have our summer holidays this summer in the south.

Reported. You are failing all Covid standards. "

If the French officials let him in whats your problem with it ?

These are indeed strange and crazy times and maybe people are just going a bit stir crazy and it will be a bit better when the 11th comes around.

T

By *mmacdheelsTV/TS  over a year ago

Pau France, NOT IN

The relaxation on 11th is all depending on the number of daily cases and even then movement between different zones will still be prohibited until at least "the summer" (assume by summer they mean 1st Aug). Bearing in mind that they are now planning to seriously up the daily testing numbers, if this does happen then surely the number of new cases daily could also go up drastically and ultimately exceed the governments safe limit that is required to easy lockdown!!??

As of the 11th you can travel a 100km from home without a form and further than 100km you will need a reason ie work or family business.

T

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

"As of the 11th you can travel a 100km from home without a form and further than 100km you will need a reason ie work or family business.

T"

Such fun eh.. at least the smaller shops will re-open and business can start to get back to some form of normality.

Tony - Chalais is a ghost town - nothing new there i hear you say..lol

"As of the 11th you can travel a 100km from home without a form and further than 100km you will need a reason ie work or family business.

T"

That's not going to be easy to inforce.

By *rinity666Man  over a year ago

Away for work abroad long term,

Valid point Emma.my wife works with Oncopole Cancer section In Toulouse and they are all waiting to see how this plays out with further testing.If it flares again they will change the planning for the months ahead..

By *exy_Horny OP   Couple  over a year ago

Leigh

Thanks for the replies. We have moved our May trip to late October. We still have feint hope for being able to come over in August - waiting for the Tour dates on the 29th is too late. If we make it we will have been there for a month and will be heading home then.

May need to postpone our house hunting until next year.

I just read this on the BBC website...

"France also clarified that a rule requiring anyone entering the country to go into isolation for two weeks did not apply to people arriving from EU countries, the Schengen area or the UK."

I wonder how that works along with the 100km rule...

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

"I just read this on the BBC website...

"France also clarified that a rule requiring anyone entering the country to go into isolation for two weeks did not apply to people arriving from EU countries, the Schengen area or the UK."

I wonder how that works along with the 100km rule..."

Yes, a bit of a contradiction going on there!

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

We live in France but are currently in Spain for the winter, so we've been keeping an eye on lockdown rules in both countries.

There's confusion in both, with so many 'clear as mud' government statements you can almost read into them what you will.

I get that they don't want to be too specific and the rules have to be taken in the spirit of things.

But you end up with people making up their own rules, which can easily lead to general disregard for the real reason why we have lockdown at all.

I certainly wouldn't want to be the one responsible for writing the script....

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Can't wait to see if rat boy..has the balls to delay again in the red zones

By *mmacdheelsTV/TS  over a year ago

Pau France, NOT IN

Todays speech from Macron :-

Macron said in a televised interview: "We're going to limit major international travel, even during the summer holidays.

"We will remain among Europeans, and maybe we will have to limit that even more."

A spokesperson for the Prime Minister's office confirmed to that the travel restrictions on people entering France will continue after May 11th.

The PM's office could not give a date on when they would end but said "everything will depend on how the virus is circulating both within France and abroad".

By *uccubus19Couple  over a year ago

North London & Manilva Spain

Thank you for the update much appreciated.....

» Add a new message to this topic