FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Cap d'agde

Cap d'agde

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *moothie4664plus1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

We will be going on our first visit to Cap d'agde next week. We are quite an active couple and thinking of taking our bicycles. I would like to to know what the roads are like in a 20 mile radius of Cap and is there any where worth visiting? Thanks in advance.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cycle to Sete , lovely town , great restaurants and seafood, lovely ride along the coast from Cap D'agde

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

There’s a cycle shop just outside the Village barrier/entrance where you can hire bikes.

From the entrance you can cycle over the Bagnas nature réserve to meet the cycle paths which will take you to Sete or up the hill overlooking the Cap or all the way to Marseillan Ville which is very pretty and an excellent place to stop for lunch in one of its port side restaurants.

The area around Le Cap is superb for cycling either road or MTB. The tourist office produce a very thorough guide to the local trails. If you fancy a climb then the Cat 3 Mont St Clair in Sete will raise the heart rate.

Bristol

Thank you for your help

By *ife2shortCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Marsellian. gets our vote. Pezenas too if brave enough...beautiful town.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

You can cycle all the way along the coast in both directions so lots to see and explore. You can take bikes on the train as well so suggest cycling as far in one direction then get train back.

Very envious BTW!

Sète is nice indeed and if you like a bit of hills, then go up to Mont St Clair

I am going to Frontignan at the end of this month but that’s a tiny bit further than Sète and less to do

By *ikefarMan  over a year ago

Kingston

if you go out from the naturist village, dont forget to take your gate card. Bikes have to go back in through the pedestrian gate. If you are into road cycling you will know that there are routes you can download from some of the cycling sites, like ridewithgps

Bristol

Thanks again for all your replies

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

A route I often do is a circular one around the etang. You can leave Cap and cycle into Marseillan Plage and then into Sete, all off road.

The only bit of on-road is around Sete, then onto tracks through Balaruc and onto Meze. Some beach bars and lovely 'centre ville' before heading out towards Pinet where can stop off at Terre de Soleil for a naked swim in the pool and share a rosé with us...!

Then through the vineyards to Marseillan Ville and back to Cap.

Depending on your exact route, it can be 60kms of one of the safest rides around that includes beaches, bars, towns and villages with a cheeky nude swim in the middle.

What's not to like about that...

Bristol

That sounds great, I will look it up. Thanks

Maldon

"A route I often do is a circular one around the etang. You can leave Cap and cycle into Marseillan Plage and then into Sete, all off road.

The only bit of on-road is around Sete, then onto tracks through Balaruc and onto Meze. Some beach bars and lovely 'centre ville' before heading out towards Pinet where can stop off at Terre de Soleil for a naked swim in the pool and share a rosé with us...!

Depending on your exact route, it can be 60kms of one of the safest rides around that includes beaches, bars, towns and villages with a cheeky nude swim in the middle.

"

This sounds a great route. I have done the coastal bit, I will check out the rest on my map, make a note and give it a try as and when I get back . Need to check out Terre de Soleil as that sounds great.

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

"A route I often do is a circular one around the etang. You can leave Cap and cycle into Marseillan Plage and then into Sete, all off road.

This sounds a great route. I have done the coastal bit, I will check out the rest on my map, make a note and give it a try as and when I get back . Need to check out Terre de Soleil as that sounds great. "

Afraid terre de soleil is couples only so maybe hire a tandem

Agde

Hi Seb.

As above, its couples only at Terre de Soleil.

But you could always hire Becky for the day, she comes complete with her own MB.

NOTE TO ADMIN...

Only joking...

Maldon

"Hi Seb.

As above, its couples only at Terre de Soleil.

But you could always hire Becky for the day, she comes complete with her own MB.

NOTE TO ADMIN...

Only joking... "

As generous and attractive as that offer is, I will bring my own thank you. Current girlfriend enjoys cycling and naked sunbathing. While not “willing to share “ (her words) she does have a fantasy of being watched.

Agde

On second thoughts, the tandem might be cheaper...

» Add a new message to this topic