FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Providing ID in order to transfer to a French on line tax account

Providing ID in order to transfer to a French on line tax account

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *op Skip and Jump OP   Man  over a year ago

London

I usually pay French taxes manually ( on the fr gouv website ) and hoped that setting up an online account would be simple . I have a numero fiscal but when I went to create the account I was asked to provide id such as a passport . Does anyone know if you must send original documents to the french tax authorities or will scanned copies sent by email suffice ? I tried to click a suggested link but cannot get it to work .

It seems slightly odd that you can pay the taxes due on line by quoting various references but must provide id to create an on line account .

I will do a little more research to morrow . Due to a change in personal circumstances I discontinued my French lessons which does not help in understanding issues such as this .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have never had to send proof of identity but have our Carte Vitale so are on the system.

We complete our tax return online and then our taxes are deducted automatically from our bank account over a period of a few months.

I hope that this helps.

If you are still struggling my much better half runs a hand holding business so drop us a message

T

By *imousinguyMan  over a year ago

Limousin, France

Its normal to send a passport scan as proof of identity to set up and impots account

Once you set up your account, you can easily mail them ina a secure way.

IF you struggle I suggest to call them and the agent might give you his pro email , then you proceed

Tresor public is really doing well

London

"We have never had to send proof of identity but have our Carte Vitale so are on the system.

We complete our tax return online and then our taxes are deducted automatically from our bank account over a period of a few months.

I hope that this helps."

Hello . Thank you for the reply . I looked again at the website to night and followed a link to open an online account .Hopefully scanned copies of the passport will be sufficient

London

"If you are still struggling my much better half runs a hand holding business so drop us a message

T"

Hello . Thank you . I have now forwarded scanned copies of my passport so hopefully I can have on line access .

London

"Once you set up your account, you can easily mail them ina a secure way.

IF you struggle I suggest to call them and the agent might give you his pro email , then you proceed

Tresor public is really doing well"

Thank you . I have sent scans of my passport , so just awaiting a reply

London

"Its normal to send a passport scan as proof of identity to set up and impots account

"

Thank you . I have now sent my id via email

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Could you not get a photocopy and get it noterised by a solicitor that it is a true and accurate copy and then send it?

London

"Could you not get a photocopy and get it noterised by a solicitor that it is a true and accurate copy and then send it?

"

Thank you. It appears that they will accept a scanned copy so I have uploaded one an sent via email . I have three accounts ( foncier , tourist , and income ) so I am assuming that once I have access I can link them all together

London

Thank you to all those who replied .

I sent a message last night via email ( with scanned copies of my passport ) to the relevant French government department and received a reply back to day at 13 30 . I have now activated the account and can see all my taxes in one place , plus due dates for payment . It is a vast improvement on using paper copies . ( and a lot more efficient ) .

By *atestartersCouple  over a year ago

Sunny NE Coast

We sent scanned documents but had some sent back because a little part of the edge etc wasn;t in the scan, just make sure the documents are scanned fully even the borders, may save a bit of time

» Add a new message to this topic