FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Vaccine take up in France?

Vaccine take up in France?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eordies OP   Couple  over a year ago

newcastle

I have been reading a news article which says that the French people are not very keen on getting the CV_19 vaccine.

It reports only about 50% of the population are "certainly going to get vaccinated."

Have the people on here who live in France heard similar reports ?

If so, does that mean that the restrictions may last longer in France than the UK, assuming we get very high vaccine take up in the UK.

Therefore could it mean that a visit to Cap this year may be nothing like normal ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmacdheelsTV/TS  over a year ago

Pau France, NOT IN

Irrespective of vaccine take up the French government keep on telling us that all of this next year will be the "new normal". So do not expect it to be like before as some restrictions are likely to be in place. Everything is running from month to month so it will be constantly changing. Do not expect rules for the summer to be available until the summer.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The gvt has no idea what to do

They said vaccine will be up to you, but if they implement restrictions for non vaccinated then everyone will rush to get a vaccine

Dont expect much from the gvt in 2021, 2022 is a presidential election year and generally a year before they completely stop or they rush to implement unpopular politics

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I think the numbers will go very low in the summer as they did this summer. The vaccine take up will determine how bad it gets next autumn. If they manage to vaccinate most of the vulnerable by the autumn then the pressure on hospitals and death rate should be a lot lower.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

My daughter is a nurse and even she is saying that most of the nurses in her hospital are prepared to wait until they're happy it's safe or if ordered to do so by the hospital. I think the mood generally seems to be to wait and see what happens.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Why are medical staff cautious about having it ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve just seen on the news that apparently it’s a 40% that don’t want to have the vaccine which is a tad worrying.

I’m in when selected.

T

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

"Why are medical staff cautious about having it ?"

Because they know about vaccine and all the nasty ingredients. Google it. Any vaccine takes years to develop (not months) and quite a few are going to be watch and see. Not too mention that so many people whom are first in line are still waiting. Basically if all the old people take it it might stop the beds being blocked in hospital and health service being overwhelmed. If docs etc don’t want to take it must tell us all something...

newcastle

"Why are medical staff cautious about having it ?

Because they know about vaccine and all the nasty ingredients. Google it. Any vaccine takes years to develop (not months) and quite a few are going to be watch and see. Not too mention that so many people whom are first in line are still waiting. Basically if all the old people take it it might stop the beds being blocked in hospital and health service being overwhelmed. If docs etc don’t want to take it must tell us all something..."

Well, they might have a point. After all, the first smallpox vaccinations were in 1796 and all the those people who received it have since died !

Co-incidence ? Maybe not.

By *ntelligent Gent.Man  over a year ago

Lots of anecdotal stories. Big data beats them all. My friend who is a doctor got all her extended family dosed up last week asap. But it says nothing about the big picture. Nothing. Nada. Pointless.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Because they know about vaccine and all the nasty ingredients. Google it. Any vaccine takes years to develop (not months) and quite a few are going to be watch and see. Not too mention that so many people whom are first in line are still waiting. Basically if all the old people take it it might stop the beds being blocked in hospital and health service being overwhelmed. If docs etc don’t want to take it must tell us all something...

Well, they might have a point. After all, the first smallpox vaccinations were in 1796 and all the those people who received it have since died !

Co-incidence ? Maybe not."

hahahaha very good

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Co-incidence ? Maybe not."

The people who had it recently haven't died so they must have finally got the recipe right. Shows you shouldn't volunteer to be one of the first to have it.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My cousin was a volunteer in the trial and she hasn't died yet. My parents have both had the first dose over a week ago and are both fine.

newcastle

Co-incidence ? Maybe not.

The people who had it recently haven't died so they must have finally got the recipe right. Shows you shouldn't volunteer to be one of the first to have it."

Well, can't speak for Europe, but in the UK the last routine smallpox vaccinations were given in 1971, so I'd wager many of those people who got that injection HAVE died.

By *atestartersCouple  over a year ago

Sunny NE Coast

Here in 56 everyone we know, French and British will be taking up the offer of a vaccine when it comes along

» Add a new message to this topic