FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > French infections on the rise.

French infections on the rise.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *annyT1966 OP   Man  over a year ago

Derwentside

On the BBC today it talked of fast increases in covid infections and deaths across France. How are you who live there coping especially with the new 18:00hr curfew?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Germany having lots of deaths now too, also Japan numbers are rising, it appears that the virus will go through the vast majority of people at some stage, it will be interesting to see if OZ and NZ can keep it out until they have completed the vaccination programme

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"On the BBC today it talked of fast increases in covid infections and deaths across France. How are you who live there coping especially with the new 18:00hr curfew?"

Don't believe what you hear on the Goverment controlled BBC..

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

if the goverment controlled the BBC they wouldnt be half as left wing as they are

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

No problem in Paris, I was shopping in a large shopping centre this afternoon, it was fairly quiet. The infection figures are creeping up slowly. Death figures are flat. There is a curfew from 6 to 6 so I have to do my shopping and parting during the day.

By *assanova999Man  over a year ago

Amsterdam, Cap d'Agde

Where are you day-partying, mate? I heard of all parties closed, even private ones!?

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Private gatherings respecting the limit of six of course.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"On the BBC today it talked of fast increases in covid infections and deaths across France. How are you who live there coping especially with the new 18:00hr curfew?

Don't believe what you hear on the Goverment controlled BBC.."

It is NOT government control proof it was anti brexit

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

It is not serious, ? it is a myth ? tell that to the 70.000 families that have lost loved ones ! Please don't be selfish maybe stay home for another 6 to 9 month its the only way to get past this thing

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

i agree stay at home until its safe, its not just the old people catching it , its every age group

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

"On the BBC today it talked of fast increases in covid infections and deaths across France. How are you who live there coping especially with the new 18:00hr curfew?"

Unfortunately BBC reporting is anything but objective, it's government bias is evident particularly, when seen, like us, from beyond the UK border,

Comparing figures (taken from 'Worldometer'), one month ago, 20th December, France had nearly 2.5 million infections compared to the UK's 2 million.

Today, exactly one month later, France has nearly 3 million infections but the UK has rocketed to 3.5 million.

In the same period French mortality has increased by 11,000 compared to nearly 26,000 in the UK and appears to be on a downward trend,

In other words the BBC assertion is not backed by the statistics.

Living here in France we are not greatly affected by the 6pm curfew, particularly since there is no where to go, everything being shut.

"On the BBC today it talked of fast increases in covid infections and deaths across France. How are you who live there coping especially with the new 18:00hr curfew?

Unfortunately BBC reporting is anything but objective, it's government bias is evident particularly, when seen, like us, from beyond the UK border,

Comparing figures (taken from 'Worldometer'), one month ago, 20th December, France had nearly 2.5 million infections compared to the UK's 2 million.

Today, exactly one month later, France has nearly 3 million infections but the UK has rocketed to 3.5 million.

In the same period French mortality has increased by 11,000 compared to nearly 26,000 in the UK and appears to be on a downward trend,

In other words the BBC assertion is not backed by the statistics.

Living here in France we are not greatly affected by the 6pm curfew, particularly since there is no where to go, everything being shut."

Agree with you entirely.

From what I see living here in France, the BBC amongst other media sources, tend to massage figures and choose sources carefully to present an image which appeals to the British public rather than being totally honest.

The Guardian is one source which appears to be more factual and critical in the what it publishes but in doing so, is out of favour with the goverment who prefer to either test the waters or release briefings through tabloids such as the Sun newspaper.

The pandemic IS here in France. Many many people have died. The economy has been hit, many businesses will cease to exist. It is terrible - let's be clear about this.

The vaccine rollout has started and appointments can be booked for the elderly (which I have done for my in-laws without any hassle).

France is giving two injections within four weeks - personal experience not hearsay - which I am comfortable with.

The 'English' strain of the virus is here and likely to get worse but the death toll in the UK is very much higher than in France - at the moment.

Hopefully France will manage to reduce the current figures with the measures that are currently in place but all we can do is to follow the guidelines, stay sensible and stay safe.

Take care everyone - wherever you live.

By *OVELYGEMSCouple  over a year ago

Southwest France /Plymouth

France is a lot more lower then UK, glad we moved over last year. 6.00 curfew not a problem as bars and restaurants been closed since end of October so nowhere to go anyway. We live in Charante Maritime department 17.

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

Side tracking onto the BBC stuff...

We love the BBC, not just for the news but for their whole approach to entertainment.

But that's not the point.

We have friends on the left side of politics. They are constantly complaining about the right wing bias of the BBC

We have friends on the right side of politics. They are constantly complaining about the left wing bias of the BBC.

Fair makes us smile....

On the other hand there is now a whole raft of ex BBC insiders who all point up the liberal left agenda that dominates the BBC. I had a friend who worked in the Beeb and he said that openly saying you voted, or might vote Conservative, was not a good career move. I get the new from Times Radio now, rather more balanced

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

New news channel to open later in the year called GB News.

If it lives up to it's promise of impartiality then the BBC could see it's news audience drop.

» Add a new message to this topic