FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > No more vaccinations for 3 weeks

No more vaccinations for 3 weeks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eachcpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Just seen an article in our local press saying that all the vaccines allocated to this area have been used and the health authority says there will be no more until 18th February. People are being told to look for dates on line after 18th. That is not good news. Three weeks away is plenty of time for the virus to spread rapidly despite curfews. What the hell is going on?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We managed to book for our in laws here quite easily and got dates four weeks apart for each injection (Feb 7th and March 7th).

I also read today that the French Health minister said that everyone in France who wants a vaccine should have it by the end of August (failing supply line breakdown etc.) So quite positive there too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/europe/20210121-france-s-health-minister-says-vaccination-goal-is-70-million-by-end-of-august

The pharmaceutical company Pfizer did announce that they were reorganising their manufacturing to aid efficiency and increase production which would affect short term supply.

Perhaps this is what you are seeing.

No. Definitely our local area health authority saying no more vaccinations until 18th February. Only reason given is that they have used their allocation and no more until then

Must be localised as today my wife's Aunt and Uncle booked appointments.

They got February and March - only one week later than my in-laws yet booked this six days after we did.

Perhaps your department has been more efficient from the start and is ahead of the others.

Yes, apparently on some areas they did kind of overbooking in otder to pressure the gvt...

On doctolib you still have areas with plenty of spot.

Anyway we all wait for the third lockdown (hope we will avoid it)

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Just seen an article in our local press saying that all the vaccines allocated to this area have been used and the health authority says there will be no more until 18th February. People are being told to look for dates on line after 18th. That is not good news. Three weeks away is plenty of time for the virus to spread rapidly despite curfews. What the hell is going on? "
Should have stayed in Blackpool

"Just seen an article in our local press saying that all the vaccines allocated to this area have been used and the health authority says there will be no more until 18th February. People are being told to look for dates on line after 18th. That is not good news. Three weeks away is plenty of time for the virus to spread rapidly despite curfews. What the hell is going on? Should have stayed in Blackpool "

Well that was a waste of time message wasn't it? It added nothing to the thread at all

"Just seen an article in our local press saying that all the vaccines allocated to this area have been used and the health authority says there will be no more until 18th February. People are being told to look for dates on line after 18th. That is not good news. Three weeks away is plenty of time for the virus to spread rapidly despite curfews. What the hell is going on? Should have stayed in Blackpool

Well that was a waste of time message wasn't it? It added nothing to the thread at all"

Said person never does...

"Just seen an article in our local press saying that all the vaccines allocated to this area have been used and the health authority says there will be no more until 18th February. People are being told to look for dates on line after 18th. That is not good news. Three weeks away is plenty of time for the virus to spread rapidly despite curfews. What the hell is going on? Should have stayed in Blackpool

Well that was a waste of time message wasn't it? It added nothing to the thread at all

Said person never does... "

Maybe just maybe they thought the comment was humorous!!!!!

T

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

The Brits really do seem to have got their act together on Vaccinations whereas here in France it seems more of a free for all with French bureaucracy really hindering itself.

We’ve been trying to get our 91 year old neighbour vaccinated to no avail, even her own Doctor has been useless!

By *ensual but naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

"The Brits really do seem to have got their act together"

More like they gave it to the NHS rather than private firms like Track and not Trace and it turns out the NHS is still a world leader despite it's lack of proper funding over the last 10 years.

By *airyjMan  over a year ago

dumfries and 24 in France

Well said. You are right.

By *orrezzMan  over a year ago

dordogne france

LOL living in dordogne and the vaccine is non existant here,,even closed the testing stations down,,,good old king macron

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

Here in 33 (Libourne) all over 75 including expats getting done no probs just waiting for age limit to be reduced ? Plus local GPs to start soon but might be a charge ???

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

I have some friends over 75 in Chalais dept 16 who cant get an appointment for love or money to get vaccinated.. I know I have a long wait for them to bring it down to my age group..

I think GP's doing the vaccine can't charge much more than their normal 25 euro charge.. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

"I have some friends over 75 in Chalais dept 16 who cant get an appointment for love or money to get vaccinated.. I know I have a long wait for them to bring it down to my age group..

I think GP's doing the vaccine can't charge much more than their normal 25 euro charge.. Correct me if I'm wrong here."

in our region its not GP's doing the vaccination its our local Pompiers station and I thought it was free ???

By *edonistsatplayCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

Does anyone know how you are actually 'invited' to get vaccinated??

Realise that the operation could vary dept to dept but we wondered if its via your GP, a letter, email or a case of watching the press and seeing when your 'group' becomes live (so to speak!)

French news mentioned today that vaccinations would become available without prescription and can be done at the local pharmacy... so do we all just roll up and form an orderly queue!! (yeah right!)

Here in 36 I’m ALD and my doc has said I need to get a COVID test which needs to be negative then I get an appointment at a vaccination center.

I get my flu jab at the chemist so I will probably wait til they are ready.

Best of luck.

T

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

It sounds like utter Chaos in France !! Uk sends you a letter with an online booking ref . You then choose the date and location of your vaccination with 2nd date too . Please tell us this chaos in France is going to be sorted out in time for Cap ?

"It sounds like utter Chaos in France !! Uk sends you a letter with an online booking ref . You then choose the date and location of your vaccination with 2nd date too . Please tell us this chaos in France is going to be sorted out in time for Cap ? "

No chance ! Vaccination won't be sorted here until after summer

Suffolk

"It sounds like utter Chaos in France !! Uk sends you a letter with an online booking ref . You then choose the date and location of your vaccination with 2nd date too . Please tell us this chaos in France is going to be sorted out in time for Cap ?

No chance ! Vaccination won't be sorted here until after summer "

If it’s as bad as you guys are making out is this typical of the French medical system or is it the EU’s interference and do you think it will get better as time goes on or are the French stuck in their ways/ bureaucratic system?

According to the government here, everybody who want a vaccine will be offered one by the end of August.

I know from experience that those over 75 have been vaccinated.

From March 15th, it is those between 50 and 65 with underlying health issues.

I have had Covid so have a free pass wo to speak. I expect to be vaccinated in May.

France is behind the UK for a number of reasons which have been discussed ad nauseam however, I believe the machine is now in gear and marching on.

Cap in the summer should be fine...

Suffolk

"According to the government here, everybody who want a vaccine will be offered one by the end of August.

I know from experience that those over 75 have been vaccinated.

From March 15th, it is those between 50 and 65 with underlying health issues.

I have had Covid so have a free pass wo to speak. I expect to be vaccinated in May.

France is behind the UK for a number of reasons which have been discussed ad nauseam however, I believe the machine is now in gear and marching on.

Cap in the summer should be fine..."

Excellent, that’s what I hoped, sound like the machine may be slow to start but once it gets momentum all will be good.

By *agicfingerslovelyMan  over a year ago

Rugby

"The Brits really do seem to have got their act together

More like they gave it to the NHS rather than private firms like Track and not Trace and it turns out the NHS is still a world leader despite it's lack of proper funding over the last 10 years."

Absolutely

By *asques and boxersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

Just hope you manage to get some vaccination programme up and running soon or 3rd lockdown again.

Can anyone give us a site that shows case numbers for Charente areas dept 16500 pleaee.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

I know the numbers in 16, 17 are not high, hotspots seem to be bordeaux and saintes

covidtracker.fr

They rely on official data, but they are better at dataviz

Ashford and dept16

"covidtracker.fr

They rely on official data, but they are better at dataviz

"

thanks I have been on that site it doesn't show the Charente, or I couldn't find it. Does the Charente have a defined site or page?

Hi yes

https://covidtracker.fr/dashboard-departements/

Look at Charentes or click on the "departement" on the map

16 500 is the city code,the first two digits are the "departement"

Ashford and dept16

Thanks extremely helpful tip top

» Add a new message to this topic