FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Cap d Agde 2021

Cap d Agde 2021

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *BWarks OP   Couple  over a year ago

warwick

Who thinks Cap will be open this summer and if it is we’ll be able to go without quarantine?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

We aren't going to Cap, but our ferries are booked for the summer as usual. We went to France last August & had to quarantine when we got home. Not a problem.

This year we think it is 50/50 whether we'll be allowed to go. If quarantine is at home that's fine, we'll go. If it is in some expensive hotel we have to pay for, we won't.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

We are very much sitting on the fence at the moment.

We missed last year and would really like to get back this summer.

However if it in "only" open but heavily restricted we just wouldn't see the point of being there.

We like the naked lifestyle but we have nudist beaches close to our place in Spain.

We really go to Cap for the sex and if the clubs, foam/pool parties, sauna's Etc are closed then we would give it a miss this year.

We are hoping that things will change but think it's no better than 50/50.

By *iteowlnowCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

We have decided not to even try. We have a Ferry booking from last year just going to roll it over till next year (fingers crossed) Don’t really think much is going to be able to change before Summer

Given the current arrangements, when we get home a 14 day quarantine at own expense employer insisted. A test to get into France and a test to get back Home at about 120-180 per test and health insurance does not cover it. Then when we get there most of the places shut... staycation me thinks

By *ensual but naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

Tricky question. We have booked our accommodation for July but not the flights and have a 60 day get out clause (usually 90 days). Also no insurance as yet, March will be the month we may be able to get it.

Being vaccinated - GOOD chance - We'd be happier travelling having been vaccinated which is possible by July

Travel ban by EU - HIGH - The EU may still have a non-EU countries ban in force as their vaccination plans are falling apart and they may want a percentage of the population vaccinated first before allowing visitors in but then the French don't want to be vaccinated!

Test before going - HIGH - Can see that mandatory for non-EU countries but also airlines may impose it (well except Ryanair the main airline to the Cap)

Test for returning (if you can get one in the Cap) - HIGH

Quarantine coming back - HIGH - Although rates over Europe may well be down to manageable levels by the summer, new variants of Covid will almost certainly be around. There are now three distinct variants in 10 months and far more people worldwide are infected now so other variants will almost certainly be here by the summer.

Insurance (you'd be mad to travel without it) - GOOD - there will be a good chance of getting proper insurance by the summer IF travel is allowed, if not then it's a moot point.

Flights - GOOD - Ryanair will be flying but be prepared for sky high prices as you won't want to book too early and expect changes to flight times and cancellations (a problem to Beziers as they have so few flights).

Local lockdowns - GOOD chance - It will all be in the timing and if you are lucky to go in the month infection rates are low and there is some sort of normal life.

We have found the price of accommodation no different from last year but tests, insurance and flights could add anything from £200 to £800 to the cost of the holiday this year but then last year was cancelled and still got that money having not done what a lot of peeps have done and that is spent it on the house!

Mind you the drinks cabinet has had a high turnover!

By *P-MedicMan  over a year ago

London, Norfolk & Cap d' Agde

As a resident I normally book most of my flights for the summer as soon as Ryanair puts them on sale, that way I get the best deals, even if my plans change and I don't use all the flights it still works out less...

This year I haven't even bothered to look at flights! If things change regarding the quarantine and we are allowed to fly for leisure purposes and if the french curfew is lifted I might be able to get a couple of visits in this summer.

I don't think many clubs will be open, but the weather is normally good and hopefully people will be allowed on the beach.

So what is the risk factor? I have my own home in Cap so not sharing accommodation, I can easily socially distance, I don't have to eat out in restaurants and I should get my vacjab anyday soon (due to being a medic), so I am probably at less risk in Cap compared to UK.

You then have to consider the Brexit factor, exchange rates, car hire, driving permits etc.

So yes, I will visit sometime before the end of September and will probably stay for 4 weeks instead of my usual 9 or 10 weeks, but who knows for definite!

By *op Skip and JumpMan  over a year ago

London

"Who thinks Cap will be open this summer and if it is we’ll be able to go without quarantine?"
. We will probably have to wait unto Easter unto we are able to give a realistic answer to this question . My view is that the economy cannot be put on hold inefinitely so travel and quarantine restrictions will have to be lifted eventually .

Even with vaccines we will probably need to still practice social distancing and wash hands regulrly . I would avoid all crowded areas but probably arrange a few 121 meets . ( these are probably far less risky than visiting crowded areas . ) . The sauna and the walkway outside Melrose would be areas to avoid .

As per the poster above I would normally have booked about seven trips by now ( to date I have booked none ) .

Out of curiousity I have just checked the Ryanair website . The flight schedule is a lot less than previous and you could fly for £60.00 return which would tend to indicate that very few people have booked. ( normally these flights would be a minimum of £160 return ) .

If suitable flights are not available I may even drive . I will be travelling with Kelly for one trip and would consider a car share as well .

Who has driven and how long is the drive ?. I am assuming it is a two day drive and would be interested to know where the best place is for an over night stop ( motel or bed and breakfast )

"

Who has driven and how long is the drive ?. I am assuming it is a two day drive and would be interested to know where the best place is for an over night stop ( motel or bed and breakfast ) "

Leave London at 9.30am, catch the car shuttle at 12noon, arrive Calais 13.30 (inc one hour time change), at barrier Cap d'Agde 1.00am... Le Casa Bar for a drink before closing!

Two of us shared the driving... totally exhausted the next day, slept the whole day on the beach!

Suffolk

" We will probably have to wait unto Easter unto we are able to give a realistic answer to this question . My view is that the economy cannot be put on hold inefinitely so travel and quarantine restrictions will have to be lifted eventually .

Even with vaccines we will probably need to still practice social distancing and wash hands regulrly . I would avoid all crowded areas but probably arrange a few 121 meets . ( these are probably far less risky than visiting crowded areas . ) . The sauna and the walkway outside Melrose would be areas to avoid . "

Agree.

So France has just banned non-EU residents to enter the country indefinitely, so things getting worse but let's hope for a short while only but I doubt it.

By the way does anyone know if tourists can actually get a coved test (and how much) in the Cap so they can actually return home if we are allowed to travel?

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

"Tricky question. We have booked our accommodation for July but not the flights and have a 60 day get out clause (usually 90 days). Also no insurance as yet, March will be the month we may be able to get it.

Being vaccinated - GOOD chance - We'd be happier travelling having been vaccinated which is possible by July

Travel ban by EU - HIGH - The EU may still have a non-EU countries ban in force as their vaccination plans are falling apart and they may want a percentage of the population vaccinated first before allowing visitors in but then the French don't want to be vaccinated!

Test before going - HIGH - Can see that mandatory for non-EU countries but also airlines may impose it (well except Ryanair the main airline to the Cap)

Test for returning (if you can get one in the Cap) - HIGH

Quarantine coming back - HIGH - Although rates over Europe may well be down to manageable levels by the summer, new variants of Covid will almost certainly be around. There are now three distinct variants in 10 months and far more people worldwide are infected now so other variants will almost certainly be here by the summer.

Insurance (you'd be mad to travel without it) - GOOD - there will be a good chance of getting proper insurance by the summer IF travel is allowed, if not then it's a moot point.

Flights - GOOD - Ryanair will be flying but be prepared for sky high prices as you won't want to book too early and expect changes to flight times and cancellations (a problem to Beziers as they have so few flights).

Local lockdowns - GOOD chance - It will all be in the timing and if you are lucky to go in the month infection rates are low and there is some sort of normal life.

We have found the price of accommodation no different from last year but tests, insurance and flights could add anything from £200 to £800 to the cost of the holiday this year but then last year was cancelled and still got that money having not done what a lot of peeps have done and that is spent it on the house!

Mind you the drinks cabinet has had a high turnover!"

ThInk that’s a pretty good analysis, we’ve just paid our deposit and will look at the 60 days to go point as a make or break thinks probably 80/20 at the moment

By *BWarks OP   Couple  over a year ago

warwick

Well think most seem to be of the same opinion that it’s less likely to happen. I’d been hearing from elsewhere that lots had been booking and talking it up as if all would be back to normal.

Sorry for the down beat post .

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

We will stay positive until we know we can’t, we drive so flying not an issue & ok with restrictions in the village as long as our friends can travel and we can all catch up with sun & sand we will go, hopefully with a few extras too... like good food and wine

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

We've been thinking about our plans for Cap this year..

As we live relatively close across the Spanish border we can be more flexible but won't make accomodation bookings under most of the current cancellation restrictions, who knows what the situation may be like in 60 days or more!

So, assuming things open up, it will be much more last minute.

Our guess is August at the earliest as France (and Spain..) are going to be struggling to get to 70% adult vaccination coverage(including ourselves) earlier, then add 21 days for full coverage. And for many businesses there's no point opening then

Beaches may be open but we have plenty of those locally.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pat we generally drive down at the start of the season. Catching the 10.15 or 11.00 ferry we route on the auto route to Rouen then cut across country picking up the autoroute north of Orleans and we head for a night in Vierzon. Leaving the hotel approx 0700 we normally arrive in the apartment by 14.00. Returning we leave at 0630 and arrive back in Essex between 2100 and 2200. Budget on £500 return all in.

By *lake ElleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

We moved last years deposit with Rene Oltra to late June/July this year. Going to see what the spring brings before we make a final decision, unless the decision is made for us.

Ryanair have cancelled all flights from Luton to Bezier until June and then its only two flights per week on a Friday and Monday, but they have added a Stansted to Beziers flight on a Friday and Sunday from July... also all flights from Stansted to Carcassonne have been cancelled till start of May... This summer is looking less promising by the day!

"Ryanair have cancelled all flights from Luton to Bezier until June and then its only two flights per week on a Friday and Monday, but they have added a Stansted to Beziers flight on a Friday and Sunday from July... also all flights from Stansted to Carcassonne have been cancelled till start of May... This summer is looking less promising by the day! "

Thanks to "Sensual but naughty" for pointing out, it appears to be an issue with the Ryanair App, I can see flights listed from Stansted to Beziers but when I click to purchase it gives the message "something has gone wrong"

By *olo CplCouple  over a year ago

London

you can apply for momondo. but it is not a direct flight. it runs through Edinburgh

"you can apply for momondo. but it is not a direct flight. it runs through Edinburgh"

For now in momondo u can't find direct flight, but there usually is

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

We missed not going last year and was so looking forward to getting there this year but it looks like we will have to wait until next year as it stands at the moment

By *inkie and perkyCouple  over a year ago

manchester/yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 03/02/21 23:10:01]

By *inkie and perkyCouple  over a year ago

manchester/yorkshire

We wouldnt be so pessimistic. 2 million jobs rely on foreign travel.75% of population vaccinated by july. Sure cases will drop in the summer

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

Keeping fingers crossed XxxX

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

We walk around the Cap village every week as part of our Sunday constitutional walk along the beach from Marseillan Plage.

Nothing is open at the moment but we have friends who live there all year long.

Last year, as soon as lockdown finished in May, bars, restaurants and the sauna clubs opened.

Almost immediately the French started to pour in particularly at weekends, we attended a few soirées there as well as dancing bars although the swing clubs never opened.

Of course people abused the social distancing rules and by late July the prefecture was coming down hard on the dance bars closing virtually all by the end of August.

The Cap though was still active throughout the season particularly the beach and most of us ‘locals’ had a very nice time.

By *reeneggsandsamMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I'm going to remain optimistic and even positive about the cap opening this year. There's a big music event near me that has changed venues to even closer to me (walking distance ) which is really pushing to open, with international A listers in attendance I'm thinking it'll be back in to fairly normal by August.

By *op Skip and JumpMan  over a year ago

London

"We wouldnt be so pessimistic. 2 million jobs rely on foreign travel.75% of population vaccinated by july. Sure cases will drop in the summer "

Fingers crossed and lets hope you are correct . We cannot afford to let either the tourist industry or any airline collapse . Eurostar are already in difficulty . I am awaiting a substantial refund from time .

One issue we all have is that no matter how optimistic we are are , none of us know what quarantine arrangements ( if any ) there will be .

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

French people are notorious anti-vaxxers. It stems from their deep mistrust of anything to do with their government. They have a long history of that..

So the idea that 75% of the population will be vaccinated by the summer is very optimistic.

A recent survey there indicated that only 60% of adults would take the jab.

That's not to put the dampers on anything (we want it to start as much as anyone) but we reckon it will be similar to last year.

"French people are notorious anti-vaxxers. It stems from their deep mistrust of anything to do with their government. They have a long history of that..

So the idea that 75% of the population will be vaccinated by the summer is very optimistic.

That's not to put the dampers on anything (we want it to start as much as anyone) but we reckon it will be similar to last year.

"

if the government was to introduce the need to have a vaccination if you want to travel, I think that you would see a sharp rise in take up !

I read talk of some sort of a vaccine passport which I am all for.

Hotel booked for 27th July to 6th August. Have got cancellation insurance, seriously hoping I get away, need some sun and fun

Agde

"

if the government was to introduce the need to have a vaccination if you want to travel, I think that you would see a sharp rise in take up !"

The French are notorious 'anti-travellers abroad' as well....!

I think they are the near the top of the league regarding that.

And to be honest, they have such a diverse country that you can't blame them for staying at home.

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

"French people are notorious anti-vaxxers. It stems from their deep mistrust of anything to do with their government. They have a long history of that..

"

Think there will be a massive difference between opinion polls and reality very soon in all countries ... no one can afford not to have the vaccine ...anyone without a ‘certificate will be in big trouble not only travel wise but employment wise . It’s obvious. They will become un insurable .

Agde

Think you're right, it won't come from personal issues.

But as you say, when reality comes calling....

By *otwifeandmrCouple  over a year ago

Byfleet

We are definitely going, just a case of when, not booked flights yet but will after we’ve both had the vaccine, it will probably be full of vaccinated Brits this year tho ????

Cap d’Agde, France

The way things are going here in France the only people in the Cap this year that would have had their vaccinations will be the Brits!

Does not look good

By *alisburycplCouple  over a year ago

Salisbury

We’re counting the days now!

Won’t be long!!

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

"The way things are going here in France the only people in the Cap this year that would have had their vaccinations will be the Brits!"

You will catch up ! Soon there will be enough vaccine for everyone . By Spring it will be a totally different story all over Europe . Cap 2021? maybe just maybe ?

By *aughtyladyYummymanCouple  over a year ago

In a place not far from Exeter

We have decided to postpone our first trip to next year. Hopefully things will be a lot clearer and more certain by then!

By *ichardjjCouple  over a year ago

telford

"We aren't going to Cap, but our ferries are booked for the summer as usual. We went to France last August & had to quarantine when we got home. Not a problem.

This year we think it is 50/50 whether we'll be allowed to go. If quarantine is at home that's fine, we'll go. If it is in some expensive hotel we have to pay for, we won't."

By *aynesmythCouple  over a year ago

Christchurch

We hope to go to Cap D Adge this summer but waiting to see what the situation is. We went last August, at the beginning most places were open, but when we left, a lot were closed. Had to quarantine when we got home - impossible to get back before the deadline. Won't mind quarantine at home again if we have to, but not staying in a Borris hotel

"Does not look good"

By *alc955Man  over a year ago

bournemouth

I think the situation will be improved by the summer and governments will be wanting tourism to be possible. If only for the taxes.

It was still a good place to be last summer, even though it was slightly different.

I'm looking forward to going in 2021 and am grateful to those working on the vaccine and delivery to make it more likely.

Fingers crossed; here comes the sun!

By *assioneighttwoCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Well, we will be in Eden 3-11 September, flights booked and fingers crossed

By *lubCouple555Couple  over a year ago

Stockport

Flights were super cheap in August so we’ve gone for it anyway, we’ve put a week in, at least it’s something to look forward to/get excited about x

By *tsallfunangames!!Woman  over a year ago

back of beyond

I'm booked to go on 27th July, should of been last year, but theres no quarantine for France its all African countries

By *isnerdsCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

We have just booked our flights. Just hoping it all goes smoothly!!

Ooo with any luck!!

By *unbunsCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

We booked flights and acom for the first week in July. A lot will depend on how the loosening of restrictions goes and if there is a mini surge in cases. Also, the French gov are so unpredictable so a lit will ride on their stupidity and how they react to a changing situation. Fingers crossed anyway.

The campsite is open from today .

So hoping to get there this year. Have all the clubs survived the economic mess too though?

"So hoping to get there this year. Have all the clubs survived the economic mess too though? "
I don't think all clubs and bars will have survived but most will in one way or another rise from the ashes ! But Cap will take some time to recover and this year will be another unusual year me thinks and I don't think clubs will be open fully this year

It’s difficult there being much point to Le Glamour etc if masks or social distancing etc are enforced.

By *uxuriantCouple  over a year ago

Sometimes Here, Sometimes There

AGN seem to have a very reasonable policy this year. We had a deposit on an apartment rolled over from last year to this July. We don’t have to pay the final amount until /if we arrive. If we can’t go due to Covid /quarantine etc then they’ll roll the deposit forward to another time. We thought that was pretty good and better than we’d hoped. At least we can now wait until mid to late June and see what the lie of the land is.

We have let out our apartment via Sylviane Byll for the last 15 years. Normally at this time of year the majority of the peak season is booked This year it is a big ZERO bookings. Even we cant make up our mind when or if we are going.

By *oneybeesCouple  over a year ago

Evesham, Worcs

Always been interested in going but not sure best way to go about it, best bits to go to/see/stay etc etc. What should we avoid? Probably leave it until next year now, let things calm down a bit. Thanks

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

There’s plenty of advice on here, just do a search for Cap d’Agde.

But if you’re probably going to leave it till next year, best do the search in 12 months time.

There will certainly be some changes after two very quite years and some places will not survive this season, let alone open next year.

It’s a place like no other.

Suffolk

"We have let out our apartment via Sylviane Byll for the last 15 years. Normally at this time of year the majority of the peak season is booked This year it is a big ZERO bookings. Even we cant make up our mind when or if we are going."

Our agent AD James said everyone is waiting to book last minute as happened last year.

By *ce cream and custardCouple  over a year ago

Droitwich

We did that 3 years ago. Was great as was able to see around and went to a couple more places up the coast. Where we have to say had some great fun. But we did the same and slept most of the 1st day on the beach. Wife said she was fucked silly and all I did was snore. Just like the UK then lol.

By *andl76Couple  over a year ago

north east

Dont think we’ll make this year unless it’s a late summer thing in September- also have flights rolled over from last year to use though !

Hoping to be there middle of July.

Will probably have a private apartment through Airbnb

By *eamminxyCouple  over a year ago

Newquay

So France is opening bars etc etc with mostly normality by June 30th but it says not night clubs!?

Is there any rumours when night clubs can open in France?

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

If it's rumours you want, yesterday I spoke to a guy who runs a club here.

He's convinced that they won't be allowed to open this year.

That's right.... This year...!

I've not read that anywhere, but he's almost given up on opening this summer.

We obviously hope he's wrong but he has better connections than most...

Cap d’Agde, France

Remembering last May when after 2 months of lockdown we were released thinking at last we have beaten this thing!

The Cap clubs never opened (the saunas did) but we remember going to L'Extasia, being mostly outside in the covered courtyard with the little wood in 'full swing', again outside.

The owner though is right not to be too optimistic, the virus will continue to reoccur regularly with all its variants, governments will not repeat their mistakes and besides, the virus provides an excellent excuse to deny civil liberties and exercise stricter controls over the populace!

Libertarianism may never return to pre-covid times.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

We would love to be going to France in the summer but with current infection levels and still only just over 20% of the population having had their first vaccination the likelihood seems low. I can’t see France being on the green list for sometime yet and not sure I would want to go anyway

By *oojCouple  over a year ago

exeter

Booked early July but if Boris insists on loads of test and or quarantine, will roll booking on, decision time soon.

Flights can be changed no fee

"We would love to be going to France in the summer but with current infection levels and still only just over 20% of the population having had their first vaccination the likelihood seems low. I can’t see France being on the green list for sometime yet and not sure I would want to go anyway "

Hopefully things will get better on the vaccine front.

As of yesterday there were

16.5m 1st jabs

6.9m 2nd jabs

France has a target of 20m 1st jabs by 15th May but it may not hit it..

They are doing about 300,000 a day and hope to increase those numbers.

Fingers crossed.

By *aughtyladyYummymanCouple  over a year ago

In a place not far from Exeter

"Booked early July but if Boris insists on loads of test and or quarantine, will roll booking on, decision time soon.

Flights can be changed no fee"

We have already changed ours to next year. Cant afford to take a chance of having to quarantine and dont like all the uncertainty still. Will get our first trip in eventually ?? xx

By *aynesmythCouple  over a year ago

Christchurch

We will go to Cap D Adge late July - August, will book at last minute if allowed to go France. Rene campsite is open. Willing to pay £50 test on return if necessary but that is all

By *ikefarMan  over a year ago

Kingston

I regret that you are right when you say that libertarianism may not return. Too many people in government enjoy power. There are a few welcome exceptions

By *ap AdgeMan  over a year ago

Chester

No this year

Arriving on 3rd August for a week, staying in a small apartment in town, never been before so feeling nervous but excited too. Keen to chat with people and arrange to meet up - have fun and keep safe x

By *heniguayCouple  over a year ago

gran canaria,Spain

good afternoon

we are looking for accommodation from July 22 to July 25

know where to rent or someone to share?

» Add a new message to this topic