FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Travelling

Travelling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ombiker OP   Man  over a year ago

the right side of the river

Does anyone know what the current restrictions are or likely to be for travelling to and from France this summer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

Obviously no one knows what will happen in the future, whether it's next month or in the summer.

Suggest you look on the Government website, like the rest of us...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae

By *istalloverCouple  over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

personally , I would look for after June poss July.

At the moment curfew 6 to 6 pm

Rumours of Paris and other cities on a tighter lockdown.

No (brittany)ferries for a while ,

In short could get a little worse before it gets better ,but worth the wait

As above check gov sites for current restrictions

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Have to agree with the other comments. Still big numbers of covid here and France has been very slow in the vaccinations programme. With what is going on in a number of areas of France this is not going to be over anytime soon. I think we will have to accept that this year is going to be a washout.

Maybe Spain might be a better option for some summer sun

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

France have removed us from their red list, the issue is when we are allowed to leave the uk.

By *isnerdsCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

"France have removed us from their red list, the issue is when we are allowed to leave the uk."

17th May at the earliest is when UK travel will be lifted. I think the main issue is whether vaccine passports will be required.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

There will be an announcement from Boris about international travel on April 22

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"France have removed us from their red list, the issue is when we are allowed to leave the uk."

The other thing though is that all restaurants, bars and clubs are closed , with no indication of when they will open. I think that if you like the beach at Cap D'agde and are happy with that then great. However I don't think it's going to be a "normal" summer as France isn't going to have its act together with regards to vaccinations until after the summer season

By *ophienRobCouple  over a year ago

bristol

We have recently cancelled our trip to Agde (scheduled for last full week of June) because of all the uncertainty. We thought it was better to cancel now rather than be disappointed and possibly out of pocket. Even if we had been able to make the trip we felt the situation in France was unlikely to be convivial for fun times. Luckily we have been able to rebook for 2022 so having missed last year and this hopefully the third time will be the charm!

Agde, France

Sadly, we think that will be the case for many people.

Just not worth the risk of passing it on to others, even if you've had your jabs.

Last summer, we didn't see many friends who visit our neck of the woods every year.

And having spoken to them recently, they feel the same about this year.

Because of the low uptake of vaccine in France, we can only see a cycle of lockdowns similar to what's happening in Italy now.

Apparently Oltra will be opening next week.

At the same time, major cities are still experiencing severe restrictions and curfews are in place.

Seems madness to us...

I have booked a ferry crossing for the end of May - I need to visit my house, tame the garden and finish the decorating. Haven’t been since last March.

If restrictions in place as long as I am allowed to go I will as will have had my 2nd jab by then and happy to keep to myself.

By *urvylover999Man  over a year ago

saint james , france

Where are you based??

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Unfortunately things are getting worse in France, not better, new infections today hit nearly 30,000.

Coupled with a disastrous vacine roll out which seems very much first come first serve.

A friend, here in France, in his early fifties has had his vaccinations simply because his Doctor had some unused ones whereas three of our octogenarian neighbours plus one in her 90's have been unable to book an appointment yet.

A third wave here is not so far fetched.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Brittany Ferries are still running Portsmouth to caen but have to jump through hoops to get out of the uk

saint james , france

"I have booked a ferry crossing for the end of May - I need to visit my house, tame the garden and finish the decorating. Haven’t been since last March.

If restrictions in place as long as I am allowed to go I will as will have had my 2nd jab by then and happy to keep to myself."

Ah read the other post as to roughly where you are. Not hugely far around 30m away so other than curfew Issues I would be happy to come over and give you a hand with the garden !!be nice to chat to someone else tbh

By *asques and boxersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

We have booked a crossing on eurotunnel, as frequent travelers (that title is bit of joke given the current position). In July that way if it moves we can change it with out loss.

We want to check our property don't mind self isolating on our return to protect others and will both be fully vacinnated by then. As long as we can buy food and drink there we can isolate with ease hell we've done a year here why nit there!

Agde, France

^^^ This...^^^

saint james , france

"We have booked a crossing on eurotunnel, as frequent travelers (that title is bit of joke given the current position). In July that way if it moves we can change it with out loss.

We want to check our property don't mind self isolating on our return to protect others and will both be fully vacinnated by then. As long as we can buy food and drink there we can isolate with ease hell we've done a year here why nit there!"

Hopefully the uk will have lifted the travel ban For international travelers by then. Currently all travel to secondary homes isn’t allowed

Ashford and dept16

Yep we know that hopefully it will be reviewed 21 June if not back to altering dates of crossing.

Ireland have banned travelling until at least the end of June ??

Ashford and dept16

Two professors in two different interviews both think the EU are to late to expect travel for july August.

Slow lock downs and slower vacinnations means the infection ratios are not going to be low enough to allow travel to europe. Tonight the government have started looking at enforced and increased hotel isolations to reduce reinfections from returning travelers. We can see we will be forced to rethink our travel plans.

"I have booked a ferry crossing for the end of May - I need to visit my house, tame the garden and finish the decorating. Haven’t been since last March.

If restrictions in place as long as I am allowed to go I will as will have had my 2nd jab by then and happy to keep to myself.

Ah read the other post as to roughly where you are. Not hugely far around 30m away so other than curfew Issues I would be happy to come over and give you a hand with the garden !!be nice to chat to someone else tbh"

Sorry - only just seen this.

Yes not looking good in France at the moment. On a Facebook post in my area they just added that there are 100 vaccines available in Laval! Hell where I had mine in U.K. they are doing between 500 and 1000 a day for a much smaller town.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Judging by the latest news and the situation in Europe I don’t think any of us are likely to be travelling overseas during the summer.

I think it is highly unlikely that people will be able to travel to France from Uk this summer. Our local vaccination centre is just now increasing its weekly target to 180 vaccinations in a week !!!!

The program here is painfully slow , cases are rising and hospitals in Paris starting to struggle. As such we are being told restaurants and bars are not likely to open before June at the very earliest. There is a real move to the French staying in France for holidays and no real appetite to encourage UK travellers, unlike other nations like Spain,Turkey and Cyprus who are heavily dependent on tourism.

As someone who lives in the same department as Cap D'agde I would say that 2021 is best missed and plan for 2022

France has really got it wrong as has most of Europe. Too slow to react and get the vaccinations moving. Following the latest 4 weeks lockdown being announced Parisiens left Paris in large numbers coming into Lower Normandy and Brittany where numbers are relatively low, but wait two weeks and watch the numbers start to rise spread by those who were told that inter-regional travel was not permitted. There was no policing to stop them travelling. Trains were fully booked and large numbers of vehicles have come into the area already judging by the department numbers on vehicles. The cause is lost here.

By *nowknightMan  over a year ago

BRADFORD

"Two professors in two different interviews both think the EU are to late to expect travel for july August.

Slow lock downs and slower vacinnations means the infection ratios are not going to be low enough to allow travel to europe. Tonight the government have started looking at enforced and increased hotel isolations to reduce reinfections from returning travelers. We can see we will be forced to rethink our travel plans."

I am in a very "lucky" situation as got documents from Switzerland, France, UK that I have to be able to travel. Usually do Leeds to Basel in 10 hours, but now endless controls by the demanding police in France, Luxembourg etc. "Where are you going, what are doing etc" make travelling very uncomfortable ( okay I speak French but still ).

France is in a mess and not blaming their health system but one specific gentleman "little Napoleon" who comes out with "crap" on a weekly base, closely followed by his girlfriend in Germany....

Next week have to travel for an internal audit to Milano the only good thing about, that is 2 days in Solothurn/Switzerland...

Not looking followed to driving at all... Would suggest to write off France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Belgium till end of October earliest

By *aughtyladyYummymanCouple  over a year ago

In a place not far from Exeter

"We have recently cancelled our trip to Agde (scheduled for last full week of June) because of all the uncertainty. We thought it was better to cancel now rather than be disappointed and possibly out of pocket. Even if we had been able to make the trip we felt the situation in France was unlikely to be convivial for fun times. Luckily we have been able to rebook for 2022 so having missed last year and this hopefully the third time will be the charm!"

We have cancelled ours for the 2nd year running as well - it was to be our first trip but hey ho better to be safe. Will get there in the end! X

Ashford and dept16

Really feel sorry for everyone in France and the rest of Europe. Counting our blessings that we were not part of their administration. We voted against leaving but so pleased we were able to cut our own deal without their bureaucracy. Their decision making appears to so be flawed and small minded to the extent they appear to cut their noses off to spite the face. Still banning a vacinne for under 55 year old's without any evidence madness.

I just saw in the news here that they expect herd immunity in Europe from the end of July.

I doubt it will make any difference

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"I just saw in the news here that they expect herd immunity in Europe from the end of July.

I doubt it will make any difference "

In the UK we were told that herd immunity comes at a massive cost in lives. The vaccine effectively gives us herd immunity without the loss of life.

Would EU Countries stand for the massive death toll ?

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Latest news is that the EU are intending to introduce a vaccine passport by June but it won’t be available to UK citizens until everyone in the EU has been issued with one. If that is the case it will write off travel to the EU this year

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

The latest (applicable from 29 March):

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/364/pdfs/uksi_20210364_en.pdf

Not very promising...

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"Latest news is that the EU are intending to introduce a vaccine passport by June but it won’t be available to UK citizens until everyone in the EU has been issued with one. If that is the case it will write off travel to the EU this year "

If that were true, then I guess Cyprus, Greece, Spain and Portugal are going to be feeling the economic pinch this year !

How are travelling restrictions in France now. Uk seems to be opening up and Ireland has lifted its 5km limit to your county or 20km

10km radius from home plus curfew at the moment.

Review at the end of the month with the chance that restrictions will be lifted in May and bars, cafes and restaurants will open.

Really, it all depends on the number of infections, those hospitalised and the progress (and effect) of the vaccine.

Currently, France is using all the vaccines they have so very good.

The projected uptake of vaccines has gone from 40% to 70% of the population which is also good.

The (one shot) J&J vaccine should be available in the next few months and the availability of other vaccines is increasing as suppliers ramp up production.

All quite promising.

Vaccine passports are likely across the EU but I have no idea how that will impact the UK unless they join in (unlikely) or agree some system where vaccine certificates do the same thing as a passport.

Will work both ways as those planning a visit to the UK (with a passport) will not get any dispensation unless something is sorted out.

We will see.

Well infection rates will no doubt drop as the summer approaches, (hopefully)

By *iteowlnowCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"How are travelling restrictions in France now. Uk seems to be opening up and Ireland has lifted its 5km limit to your county or 20km"

Yep Ireland has relaxed the travel ban but has introduced mandatory quarantine in a hotel for 12 days for anyone arriving from a list of countries which includes a number of European states France Italy as well as USA

Unfortunately nothing is going to improve here for a long time. There have not been any vaccines available certainly in this area of Normandy and although it would appear that some could be on the way for over 55s from yesterday, went on the site to book an appointment and the first of the dates is the end of the month. We are so far behind and yet little Macron says he wants to open France up from the middle of May. The man lives in a different world. Incroyable!!

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

We drove down to Spain from Germany in mid March.

We had read all the info on line and all our paperwork was in order and we were fully expecting to be checked at the borders.

We crossed from Germany into Luxembourg then into France and then crossed from France to Spain.

There was no sign of any checks at any of the borders, there were no police at any of the toll gates in France. The first (and only) police we saw were two bored looking coppers leaning on their car at Tarragona.

However, soon we will want to travel back.

We know about the 72 hour test Etc. But does anyone know what the rules for driving through France are now as we have heard that there are new restrictions since we drove down.

The websites we've looked at are about as clear as mud

Agde, France

This explains everything you need the know.

https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19

We arrived back home a few days ago having prepared lots of supporting paperwork for when we were checked.

It all went very smoothly, even shared a joke with the Douanes at the ferry terminal regarding the CdS situation.

Good luck with the journey...

"Unfortunately nothing is going to improve here for a long time. There have not been any vaccines available certainly in this area of Normandy and although it would appear that some could be on the way for over 55s from yesterday, went on the site to book an appointment and the first of the dates is the end of the month. We are so far behind and yet little Macron says he wants to open France up from the middle of May. The man lives in a different world. Incroyable!! "

What a difference between departments!

Friends here (over 55) booked yesterday and are getting the vaccine tomorrow.

I have to wait as I contracted Covid-19 in January so have antibodies for the moment.

Across France the daily average is around the 300K - obviously not evenly distributed given Normandy has hardly any!

Hope things change soon with you up there.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

“What a difference between departments!”

DEFINITELY!

Wife went to the Doctor a fortnight ago suffering from cramp, a blood test showed nothing other than a little anaemia, vitamin D supplement prescribed. “But while you’re here, I’ll give you une ordonnance for a COVID vaccination… and if your husband comes tomorrow I’ll write one out for him”. Booked on line, Consent (“Cover Your Arse”) Forms downloaded and appointments booked for me for tomorrow and the wife on Thursday at the Clinique du Golfe de Saint-Tropez (about 20 minutes drive from us), with No 2 booked for us both on 10 May.

Thirty euro each for the Doctor of course, but worth it for any future “Vaccine Passes” which might prove necessary.

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

Cant imagine Prince Harry in a Travel Lodge for 2 weeks ?????

Ireland is starting to open up restrictions.

We should be able to travel throughout the country soon.

What is the situation in France, is there still curfew or travel restrictions

Agde, France

No travel restrictions within France.

Still have a curfew but the plan is to end it next month.

"No travel restrictions within France.

Still have a curfew but the plan is to end it next month.

"

Woo hoo.

Looks like this "covid passport" "freedom Passports" "health certificate" "Green cert" or whatever they are going to call it will now be in place for the summer to allow travel.

» Add a new message to this topic