FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > £5000 fine if you go abroad on holiday

£5000 fine if you go abroad on holiday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What's all this about?

One could say that if the quarantine were properly enforced for those coming into the country and stopping everyone else from leaving the country, this measure should very much lessen the risk of anything spreading from abroad.

It also keeps UK holiday resorts busy when foreign visitors will be at an all time low.

Airlines will suffer and the % of Brits in Cap will be very low.

I did not see if there was a time limit as to how long this would be in place...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"What's all this about?

One could say that if the quarantine were properly enforced for those coming into the country and stopping everyone else from leaving the country, this measure should very much lessen the risk of anything spreading from abroad.

It also keeps UK holiday resorts busy when foreign visitors will be at an all time low.

I did not see if there was a time limit as to how long this would be in place...

"

No time limit was placed on it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What's all this about?

"

They are debating it in Parliament on Thursday so needs to be voted in first.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

think its May 17th .. or so I'm hearing on the radio..

"What's all this about?

No time limit was placed on it."

I think any time limit imposed automatically ends after 6 months and would have to be renewed If the government wished to extend it, but I could be wrong

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Forget holidays abroad.. It'll either be "not allowed" no airline left to fly you there (and back before they go bust) or fly BA at £1000 per 200 miles

Get your bucket and spade early !

"Get your bucket and spade early !"

I'm very lucky to live very close to the beach and visit it a lot to walk my dog so it would be a busman's holiday for me. I really want to go to my little place in France and try and rescue it from 1 year's neglect.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

I think the government has surpassed themselves.. to start with it was a forced stay in a hotel of their choosing for x number of days now a 5 grand travel fine, probably good value when you think what the airlines will now charge to fly you anywhere.

Britain is really becoming a no go zone even for post..

By *op Skip and JumpMan  over a year ago

London

It look likes this rule will be in force unto June 30 th.

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

5k juicy fine , at least it is something to think about now before nipping off, coming back and not giving a toss about what you have exported and imported. It is a start. Less air travel, less pollution, less traffic. Overall, it looks quite rosy .

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I think the government has surpassed themselves.. to start with it was a forced stay in a hotel of their choosing for x number of days now a 5 grand travel fine, probably good value when you think what the airlines will now charge to fly you anywhere.

Britain is really becoming a no go zone even for post.."

Yes really pleased about it borders should be closed for the rest of the year

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Well, well, well!

All us ex-pats down here in Cap d'Agde are enjoying glorious mediterranean weather whilst the UK seems to have hauled in the anchor and is off sailing in the north Atlantic.

Bon Voyage !

Should have done this 12m ago

[Removed by poster at 24/03/21 00:09:13]

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

"Well, well, well!

All us ex-pats down here in Cap d'Agde are enjoying glorious mediterranean weather whilst the UK seems to have hauled in the anchor and is off sailing in the north Atlantic.

Bon Voyage !"

Cool, we can save a bit more money for the NHS as it seems the ex-pats aren't returning the the UK anymore for medical treatment or prescriptions having learned the language of their newly found homes to freely converse and expkain their ailments with a big wad of cash to pay for any treatment. Good luck! We wish you well, enjoy the sunshine.

"Should have done this 12m ago"

Absolutely

X

Cap d’Agde, France

"Well, well, well!

Bon Voyage !

Cool, we can save a bit more money for the NHS as it seems the ex-pats aren't returning the the UK anymore for medical treatment or prescriptions having learned the language of their newly found homes to freely converse and expkain their ailments with a big wad of cash to pay for any treatment. Good luck! We wish you well, enjoy the sunshine. "

Very true, things do come at a price unless you’re poor and then it’s all free.

We pay as a couple about £90 a month but we don’t have waiting times, dentistry though is cheaper than the UK.

Not knocking the UK though, the NHS is brilliant and definitely the jewel in the crown.

Let’s just hope that Boris doesn’t manage to sell it all off to his chums!

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

The cynic in me thinks that rules will ease just in time for the parliamentary recess. Just as it did last summer. Cunts!

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Morecambe is nice any time of the year. Go and get your photo taken with Eric on the promenade. Well, providing it has not been knocked down. Morecambe town centre, I mean, not Eric.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"The cynic in me thinks that rules will ease just in time for the parliamentary recess. Just as it did last summer. Cunts! "

It will. You are spot on. There will be a sudden blast of vitamin D that stops Virus in its tracks until mid-September when a variation of a variation will suddenly pop up and the gang of three announce at 5 pm on television that a three month lockdown is to start at 9 am the next day.

By *inkie and perkyCouple  over a year ago

manchester/south yorkshire

As self confessed europhile the current handling by the eu and french and german govts has been shocking!the current lockdown and the economic hit will be appalling no matter how sunny it is.we suspect sense will prevail,some form of testing /vaccination certificate.otherwise everyone will suffer regardless of the sunny weather

Hopefully till end of the year

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

hopefully safe though

By *agicfingerslovelyMan  over a year ago

Rugby

Hoping they say Summer Holidays they don't mean mid September as booked a holiday. Watching obsessively closely.

By *asques and boxersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

Some thoughts here are very petty.

I fear the travel exclusion is justified in part, the EU have ballsed up the roll out of vaccines and are trying to blame our success for their failure. The reality is however that their own voters will have to do their own judgement. Expats can enjoy the weather but there may yet be a hidden cost god forbid. We have a second home in France and feel terribly worried for our french friends and those expats who are seeing the rise of a 3rd waive with all the horror that brings.

Of course we had planned to return to our place, but we also do not want to return to those peek cases counts.

In short we will bite our lip and stay here.

Not with a two finger salute but more a sad awareness that real ordinary people are suffering due to poor government.

We are however all interlinked world wide so we are likely to see the ill effects of this all the time we have travel between nations. Goods and business will cross boarders.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The next stages of relaxation of restrictions don't have fixed dates in England. They were given outline earliest possible dates but they will be dependent primarily on the state of the virus here. International travel testing, notifications etc may continue after the final easing of restrictions, as it will be influenced by international progress.

The £5000 was somewhat of a willy waving move by the government imo.

Travel is going to be facilated or made harder by cooperation between governments from now onwards.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"5k juicy fine , at least it is something to think about now before nipping off, coming back and not giving a toss about what you have exported and imported. It is a start. Less air travel, less pollution, less traffic. Overall, it looks quite rosy . "

People can officially travel abroad in connection with international property, as Boris Johnsons dad did early last year. No fines for them next week onwards!

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

45,000 new infections in last 24 hours this is only getting worse Full lockdown must be on the cards now ???

"hopefully safe though"

Nice to see someone on here from Tavy, I reckon your surname is College, lol!!

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

not sure i get that exactly

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 28/03/21 22:59:23]

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Not bothered about going abroad, spend money in uk

Cap d’Agde, France

"Not bothered about going abroad, spend money in uk"

Think thats Boris's way of thinking too!

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

Latest newspaper reports are of hints by senior Ministers that no overseas holidays likely to be allowed before August at the earliest.

» Add a new message to this topic