FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Cart de sejour

Cart de sejour

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mooth and becks OP   Couple  over a year ago

Agde

Hi can anyone help us. We have a appointment to finalise our cart de sejour at the prefecture. One of the documents he has asked for is proof of our seniority in France ! Can someone please explain what documents cove this. Many thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Basically any old document that you have showing how long you have lived here, old phone bill, deeds to your house, edf bill etc..

Hope this helps - Graeme

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi can anyone help us. We have a appointment to finalise our cart de sejour at the prefecture. One of the documents he has asked for is proof of our seniority in France ! Can someone please explain what documents cove this. Many thanks "

If you have been completing French tax returns each year these are best to print off and take with you, if not then as mentioned previously. If you can prove 5+ years residence you should get given a 10 year permanent cds. If this is the case and they only offer a 5 year card that doesn’t fit the Withdrawal Agreement and you should complain to them. There is a good Facebook group re applying for WA and any problems.

By *rsandmrssCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

You could also get a letter from the Mayor confirming how long you have lived in the village. We have used this in various situations.

Hope that helps.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

Lucky you! Could I ask how long you’ve been waiting for an appointment? I applied in November, got an immediate “Attestation d’Enregistrement” but been waiting ever since for something further.

BTW, my (German) wife is going through the opposite rigmarole, despite working as a teacher in the UK from 2005 (paying tax and even in the Civil Service pension scheme) she’s been granted neither settled- nor pre-settled (which she’d tell them to stick up their arse and I can’t blame her) status, just one silly request/obstruction after another (“Council Tax Bill?” “Sorry, the house is in my husband’s name””Land-line bills?””I use a smart-phone” “Bank Account in your name only?” “No, it’s a joint account” and so on...)

"Lucky you! Could I ask how long you’ve been waiting for an appointment? I applied in November, got an immediate “Attestation d’Enregistrement” but been waiting ever since for something further.

BTW, my (German) wife is going through the opposite rigmarole, despite working as a teacher in the UK from 2005 (paying tax and even in the Civil Service pension scheme) she’s been granted neither settled- nor pre-settled (which she’d tell them to stick up their arse and I can’t blame her) status, just one silly request/obstruction after another (“Council Tax Bill?” “Sorry, the house is in my husband’s name””Land-line bills?””I use a smart-phone” “Bank Account in your name only?” “No, it’s a joint account” and so on...)"

As your wife is an EU citizen I don't believe she has to apply - the WA CDS is just for British applicants. If she has EU passport still then you can apply as her husband. I have just applied for mine and used the Facebook Group "Applying for a WA CDS" to make sure I was doing it right. Apparently different areas of France are at different stages.

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"

BTW, my (German) wife is going through the opposite rigmarole, despite working as a teacher in the UK from 2005 (paying tax and even in the Civil Service pension scheme) she’s been granted neither settled- nor pre-settled (which she’d tell them to stick up their arse and I can’t blame her) status, just one silly request/obstruction after another (“Council Tax Bill?” “Sorry, the house is in my husband’s name””Land-line bills?””I use a smart-phone” “Bank Account in your name only?” “No, it’s a joint account” and so on...)"

How about payslips ?

Both my sisters got theirs solely on their employment records , I had to supply a variety of bills to cover gaps in my employment.

Agde

Ok great thanks everyone for your help. For those who asked. We applied online on 23rd December from U.K. 2020. Not heard a thing until this morning 5/5/2021. We have to go to Montpelier. We both applied at the same time and both have appointments within 10 minutes of each other. Thanks again

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Ok great thanks everyone for your help. For those who asked. We applied online on 23rd December from U.K. 2020. Not heard a thing until this morning 5/5/2021. We have to go to Montpelier. We both applied at the same time and both have appointments within 10 minutes of each other. Thanks again "

I used to live in Agde

"Ok great thanks everyone for your help. For those who asked. We applied online on 23rd December from U.K. 2020. Not heard a thing until this morning 5/5/2021. We have to go to Montpelier. We both applied at the same time and both have appointments within 10 minutes of each other. Thanks again "

By *imousinguyMan  over a year ago

Limousin, France

Prefecture appointments are pretty quick, check docs, paste photo on page and fingerprints if they don't already have them. I was in and out in 5 minutes. Not my usual style I hasten to add

Appointment this morning.

Fingerprints taken, document signed and out in about 10 minutes.

Told that I will get it sent to me in about 4 weeks.

Painless.

Agde

Well our appointment was today and all went well. Maybe 10 minutes behind on our appointment times but definitely not complaining. Only small mistake we forgot to photocopy our passports but got them done at prefectures for 10 cents each. Happy days worst part was the weather it was shit ??

"Appointment this morning.

Fingerprints taken, document signed and out in about 10 minutes.

Told that I will get it sent to me in about 4 weeks.

Painless.

"

We received ours after three months so your department will be moving quickly if you get yours in 4 weeks.

Funny looking card in my opinion!!!!!

Tony

» Add a new message to this topic